• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SelHemsworth said:

I loved the podcast interview! really cute and good interviewer. 

Reveal hidden contents

the fact that she said she’s not getting a lot of phone calls after omitb i’m :cries:

why would she say that

:rip: 

anyways i love her and she did great on show but tbh it's not like her performance was groundbreaking so. But i believe that in years she is going to be a respected actress :) 

Edited by Souvenir

I love when she gets to talk at length. I love hearing her talk about her life and career. 

I was so sad for her when she said she is not getting many offers so far (which does not mean she is not getting any at all). I’m glad she got OMITB because it’s allowed her to warm up to acting again and she is getting more visibility and respect in the movie industry as well as being able to rub elbows with actors, directors, producers… This show is opening her the doors that had been closed. 
Her saying she is gonna spend her time working on music before going back to filming S3 was a bit of a red flag lol. It makes me think nothing is gonna happen this summer and specifically on her birthday like we have been theorizing (unless she is not telling the truth and is close to starting the album era)

I liked that she mentioned David Fincher, as she is someone I would also love for her to work with. She also mentioned David O Russell who, well, I don’t think she should be involved with after having worked with W**dy. 

The respect and love the Martins have for her and viceversa is so cute, I love that so much

Great interview all around!

Edited by MALAMENTE

I do think doing OMITB was a good decision for her acting career. While the role isn’t groundbreaking it allowed her to get her foot back into acting. 

IMO, the only way she’ll start to be respected as an actress is if she goes against her niche (aka comedy) we really need In the Shadow of the Mountain! I’m scared because she didn’t mention it in the interview or did she? I was skipping around. I thought she was going to start filming it this year or early next year and it seems like she’ll just go back to filming S3 of OMITB. 

Edited by SelHemsworth
typos

11 minutes ago, SelHemsworth said:

I do think doing OMITB was a good decision for her acting career. While the role isn’t groundbreaking it allowed her to get her foot back into acting. 

IMO, the only way she’ll start to be respected as an actress is if she goes against her niche (aka comedy) we really need In the Shadow of the Mountain! I’m scared because she didn’t mention it in the interview or did she? I was skipping around. I thought she was going to start filming it this year or early next year and it seems like she’ll just go back to filming S3 of OMITB. 

She didn’t mention any future projects other than S3 and her album. I guess the movie is still in preproduction (that step in the making of a movie can take years) and I think her learning Spanish could be in relation to it tbh, since I’m sure the movie might have parts spoken completely in Spanish 

Why does she hesitates so much to release collabs :skull:like girl most other singers love you

1 hour ago, Selenasworld said:

Why does she hesitates so much to release collabs :skull:like girl most other singers love you

I don’t think she hesitates, she probably just hasn’t had time this year. Im sure she will release something 

19 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

I don’t think she hesitates, she probably just hasn’t had time this year. Im sure she will release something 

If songwriting is not involved a song could be recorded even in a day if it's the case i hope she has a schedule to release or to record some collabs, I feel Lizzo x Selena is coming

Selena's signature song? :) 

Wooo great interview, her best in ages. She finally talked about new stuff.
She is so wise and well spoken. Kinda want her to host a podcast/talk show lol

Edited by La Luna

1 minute ago, La Luna said:

Wooo great interview, her best in ages. She finally talked about new stuff.
She is so wise and well spoken. Kinda want her to host a podcast/talk show lol

I want Selena to host a competition show :allears: @hbomax @hulu @amazonprimevideo

6 hours ago, SelHemsworth said:

Reveal hidden contents

the fact that she said she’s not getting a lot of phone calls after omitb i’m :cries:

oh sh*t, i'm sorry but a rant is coming lmao 

I blame Aleen for this idc idc
How your client is a famous, well liked and good actress and yet you can't get her booked in nice projects? 

A few years ago, i could see why it was hard to do that, but in 2022? When Selena's omitb role  is  successful and acclaimed? C'mon now. 

Aleen is not working hard enough. She is only good in getting nice deals, fat paychecks. But that's it.
She lacks the shameless/hungry behaviour that great managers have.

Selena is kinda on her own tbh
This is why she needs to attend every major acting award show and their after parties. Networking is a must.

I'm still mad about her skipping the Vanity Fair's after party. Actors, producers, directors.... all the important people were there, and yet, she choose to stay at home. boooo Like, get your priorities, straight, girl! You want an actress career or not?

The phone calls won't come from nowhere.

Does she knows how many red carpets, after parties and networking Zendaya had to do until finally get those phone calls?
Omitb is a amazing start but Selena needs to keep pushing, work hard and  get auditions. Promote herself and her work  better.
Stay at home won't do anything for her career, specially when her manager is so lazy.
She needs  to realize that.  

Edited by La Luna

21 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

I want Selena to host a competition show :allears: @hbomax @hulu @amazonprimevideo

Oh i like this idea. It would smash   :fan:

Selena needs to focus  on The Mountain movie. Is her best bet tbh.
It's out of her comfort zone and can change her acting career for good. I hope she doesn't step back, postpone, or worst, cancel the  project.

I'm kinda nervous about the lack of updates and solid news about this project :monkey:

Edited by La Luna

Vote! :) 

4 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Her saying she is gonna spend her time working on music before going back to filming S3 was a bit of a red flag lol. It makes me think nothing is gonna happen this summer and specifically on her birthday like we have been theorizing (unless she is not telling the truth and is close to starting the album era)

ngl she got me shaking a bit in this part lol

Her team will be very stupid if they miss the opportunity of releasing the album and doc on her bday week.

They just can't be that stupid, right? Right? I refuse to believe she will once again fumble her own bag.

The numbers she would pull with all the doc hype. Pretty much a #1 album secured. 
Is the best promo she could ever get. They can't waste the doc for nothing.
:psyduck:

For my sanity, i  choose to believe that she is lying to keep the secret.
Yeah, sg3 and doc this summer :eddie:

Edited by La Luna

15 minutes ago, La Luna said:

ngl she got me shaking a bit in this part lol

Her team will be very stupid if they miss the opportunity of releasing the album and doc on her bday week.

They just can't be that stupid, right? Right? I refuse to believe she will once again fumble her own bag.

The numbers she would pull with all the doc hype. Pretty much a #1 album secured. 
Is the best promo she could ever get. They can't waste the doc for nothing.
:psyduck:

For my sanity, i  choose to believe that she is lying to keep the secret.
Yeah, sg3 and doc this summer :eddie:

I won’t hold my breath though

ok. we know she's working on new music and I hope she'll release soon / in the Summer.

on the other hand I wish she starts filming a movie soon. In The Shadow sounds the perfect project for her acting career now.

The other 2 (movies) are not going on apparently. 

Selena + Chef is a massive success in the GP eyes

3 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

Selena + Chef is a massive success in the GP eyes

Queen! 

Selena Gomez Wins the Triple Threat (Sing/Dance/Act) Award | Exclusive -  YouTube

happy week!

This week there’s the summit thing, the official trailer for S2, the trio on Kimmel, hopefully something on the doc test screening (even tho everyone signed an NDA) and hopefully more promo for the show 

Edited by MALAMENTE

22 hours ago, SelHemsworth said:

Reveal hidden contents

I played that part and I understood the opposite :deadbanana:

Isn't she saying "I'm now getting a lot of demanding phone calls"? I might be wrong but she says it in a semi-triumphant tone so it'd be weird if she was saying that she isn't. And if that's what she meant, wouldn't she have said "even after Only Murders" as opposed to "but after", since she was already talking about her fear of not being taken seriously? I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing :rip:

Also she said "demanding phone calls", not "offers", so being asked to host the Oscars would qualify as such for sure :cm:

omg selena is now a critic choice awards winner i mean :jonny6: yasssss cooking show

selena+chef is an absolute delight. it's my comfort show, i'm glad it's getting recognition, excited for the new season!

and happy promo of OMITB week!!!!! selener a television icon if u ask me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.