• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

Yea, this killed any excitement i had for candy paint if I'm being honest. She seems to double down on it. 

I will say, i wish people had the same smoke for Drake, HER, Tinashe, zendaya for collaborating. Even Chloe didn't get as much heat and she has a song with that man

1 minute ago, halfhabibi said:

Yea, this killed any excitement i had for candy paint if I'm being honest. She seems to double down on it. 

I will say, i wish people had the same smoke for Drake, HER, Tinashe, zendaya for collaborating. Even Chloe didn't get as much heat and she has a song with that man

Lizzo caught a lot of smoke when she told him he's her favorite person on the planet. And then it went away and she's smashing currently. Honestly who knows how this will affect Normani.

15 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Lizzo caught a lot of smoke when she told him he's her favorite person on the planet. And then it went away and she's smashing currently. Honestly who knows how this will affect Normani.

It won’t probably? Artists who’ve either flopped or succeeded commercially didn’t do so because they worked with him. And as already discussed earlier, he’s more well liked with locals than people realize.

It's giving "I needed cash pronto and this will do". She was supposed to be a pop superstar not a video girl.

Where is Candy Paint? Where is the album? Where is the tour? IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE MOTIVATION

I cannot

6 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Chris Brown has been a flop for years...like wtf 

He actually isn’t a flop at all lol. 

She reposted that damn video again on instagram. :bibliahh: she’s lost. 

Edited by Dialamba

5 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I don’t care for CB at all, but Stan Twitter is just that. CB with everything he has done still manages to have a very successful career because people generally don’t care about his personal life if they like his music. It’s sad, but it’s the truth. That goes for any other problematic celebrity or entertainer. Out of touch is thinking this cameo is going to do more harm to her career than her being radio silent for year did. She’s trending #1 right now despite the fact that major artist just made some comebacks.

Now would absolutely be the smartest time to start teasing her music to capitalize off the attention. 

Most of the folks in here are not a part of the black American community so they’re  truly doing the most. If Chris was as washed up as they claimed he wouldn’t still be racking up top 10s. And the people buying his music are women lol. He’s truly no different than any other problematic rapper. He’s trash, but the faux outrage ain’t it. And the people mad never supported him anyway. 

I find him to be trash but this does continue to solidify her presence in front of a demographic that might give her a more solid foundation of support.

Edited by Mrs. Jay

while twitter is lashing her, i definitely agree the outrage is a bit much. it would have been received better if she dropped some damn music so i really can't save or defend her lol

56 minutes ago, Mrs. Jay said:

He actually isn’t a flop at all lol. 

This. Y’all saying anything lol.

All that talking about Beyonce when Chris brown was the real threat; I hate it. :rip:

Its hard to defend her; where is the music? All these side projects istg.

I’m not up in arms about her doing something with Chris I sincerely don’t care. Judging by her stories and captions she is a big fan of his and doesn’t care about any fans that are offended. She’s calling it a masterpiece though so this is uncovering another level of delusion with her that is just setting in to me now. After this and releasing Fair I’m wondering why I’m even waiting on this album anymore. I started stanning her in 2014 and have been wanting this album since 2018 so I feel very invested. But her indifference with her fans and lack of effort overall tells she will not make it far musically. And just a year ago when I thought she was going to get this album out for real and served WS I was ready to defend her against every last hater

Just watched the video she looks very stunning, and the video itself is incredible. I even really enjoyed the song. Now that it's out anyway kinda wish she'd feature lol 

Watching atrl seethe gives me joy. No one is telling me shes not special :bibliahh:

The hate is so sincere. She triggers every nerve by doing the bare minimum and im living for it :ahh:

Never wanted a real collab from them so bad:wanda:

I mean if she was going to get dragged this badly regardless the least she could’ve done is record a verse 

Is she confirming team/label issues?

Edited by dominickmcintee

4 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

Is she confirming team/label issues?

No she probably saw the backlash. She trended #1 in the United States for over 4 hours 

I assume she'll start teasing Candy Paint proper by July 1st, announcement between the 8th and 12th. Release on the 15th.

July 22nd she's bound to be overshadowed by artists trying to avoid July 29th or even a mega pre-album single from B cos BMS seems like a tease knowing her.

I also noticed something from a reliable twitter user about DUI no longer being a "single" but just an album track, thus confirming (@Flare's?) theory about the hold up being about RCA pushing for the safer, poppier DUI vs a more experimental but rhythmic friendly Candy Paint. And her tactics (orchestrated leak, IG live, Car snippet, Starrah/Tommy tweets) worked.

I just need her team to be ON THIS rollout. Playlisting, immediate radio impact, performances, advertising, the works. Capitalize on the mess/controversy and spin this for yourself Normani. In this day and age people move on quickly and she's talented enough to be forgiven with a simple song/visual combo.

1 hour ago, AlteKing said:

I assume she'll start teasing Candy Paint proper by July 1st, announcement between the 8th and 12th. Release on the 15th.

July 22nd she's bound to be overshadowed by artists trying to avoid July 29th or even a mega pre-album single from B cos BMS seems like a tease knowing her.

I also noticed something from a reliable twitter user about DUI no longer being a "single" but just an album track, thus confirming (@Flare's?) theory about the hold up being about RCA pushing for the safer, poppier DUI vs a more experimental but rhythmic friendly Candy Paint. And her tactics (orchestrated leak, IG live, Car snippet, Starrah/Tommy tweets) worked.

I just need her team to be ON THIS rollout. Playlisting, immediate radio impact, performances, advertising, the works. Capitalize on the mess/controversy and spin this for yourself Normani. In this day and age people move on quickly and she's talented enough to be forgiven with a simple song/visual combo.

I never said that but lemme take credit because I need a win today :lakitu:

Side note: Candy Paint better come my god. Like July, as soon as it starts, let’s get that ball rolling. :giraffe:

She’s clearly filming stuff without us knowing (like the Chris Brown thing) so let’s assume the Candy Paint video is done already. 

10 minutes ago, Flare said:

I never said that but lemme take credit because I need a win today :lakitu:

Side note: Candy Paint better come my god. Like July, as soon as it starts, let’s get that ball rolling. :giraffe:

She’s clearly filming stuff without us knowing (like the Chris Brown thing) so let’s assume the Candy Paint video is done already. 

Sksksksks, I could've sworn it was you. Oh well

The same user said she was reshooting scenes a few weeks ago and now the visual is being edited so let's wait and see. 

everytime yall bump this thread tho. :laugh::oh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.