Normani

URBAN

This is all so messed. I think it’s time to back away from Normani again before we all collapse. I’ve lost all hopes about everything. Now that Bey is back, she really is in a weird spot lol Bey really came for ha. 

Releasing CP in July was always a dumb idea anyway. And not having a MV STILL? I’m telling you guys, this is just ILLOGICAL. They’ve had MONTHS and still no MV for a song she knew she was dropping way back in March? Probably even before that. They really have no plan at all :rip:  

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

I love how y’all are ranting and raving about release dates and Beyonce but @Modus told us 40 years ago that the album and single got pushed back.

I’m pretty sure her team/label knew Beyonce was dropping and decided to put a pause on things. It’s all under Sony and they do the same thing with their artists when Adele drops. 

Last (silly) point, Normani did like a tweet last week about how Beyonce is dropping before her. Maybe Normani wasn't joking and was serious lol. A lot must be up in the air at labels now that Beyonce is dropping (what seems to be a 2 part project) and nobody wants to compete against that.

Twitter nation is in shambles since the Beyonce announcement. :ahh: 

Love Mani, but she is dvmb if she doesn't release this month. If she waits till after Beyonce, it will be way too late.

Surprise release June 24. Music video isn't ready, but she shows hole on TikTok again to tide everyone over and this time it works because she's not pairing it with a moody ballad. Who says no?

1 hour ago, Flare said:

I love how y’all are ranting and raving about release dates and Beyonce but @Modus told us 40 years ago that the album and single got pushed back.

I’m pretty sure her team/label knew Beyonce was dropping and decided to put a pause on things. It’s all under Sony and they do the same thing with their artists when Adele drops. 

Last (silly) point, Normani did like a tweet last week about how Beyonce is dropping before her. Maybe Normani wasn't joking and was serious lol. A lot must be up in the air at labels now that Beyonce is dropping (what seems to be a 2 part project) and nobody wants to compete against that.

It makes absolutely NO sense to pause things and release closer to Beyoncé. Realistically, that is so dumb especially for someone who is bound to get comparisons. And worse, Normani WILL get overshadowed if her release is not far away enough. This is why I’m praying she comes out on the 8th at the latest so there’s three weeks timeframe for people to notice her before the storm. Now there’s a huge chance there’ll be another pushback because of Bey, and like everyone in here, I’m very annoyed because now there is a valid reason. 

Meanwhile, there was never any reason why this didn’t come out either in May or June and not have a video ready. Normani needs to change her team because it seems like everyone is a “yes” man instead of genuinely helping her career. 

Stanning her is so frustrating :dies:

23 minutes ago, shelven said:

Surprise release June 24. Music video isn't ready, but she shows hole on TikTok again to tide everyone over and this time it works because she's not pairing it with a moody ballad. Who says no?

Me

*throws towel* i'll be ready when she's ready lmao. idk what i got for her.

bey is coming in july.. so she's gonna get steamrolled. "candy paint" shoulda been here!

"It will be too late"

Fjfjf what? She's literally 2 years late already. She already demolished the hype she had. 2 more months is changing nothing but pissing off more the few stans left of her who still have the patience to follow her disastrous solo career.

If the song is a hit it's gonna be a hit regardless of who's releasing.

Candy paint is scheduled to come before Beyonces album. They just need to get serious about the album rollout and stop looking for the perfect time. 

For the life of me I will never understand this “too late” conversation.

If the song is a hit and she/the label promote and support it properly, it’s going to be a hit.

This timing foolishness only comes from impatient stans.

Also, the music industry will not cease to exist once Bey drops. Other artists will release and survive just fine.

1 minute ago, _jays_ said:

Also, the music industry will not cease to exist once Bey drops. Other artists will release and survive just fine.

Exactly. She’s in a league of her own and the entire market doesn’t close for her. Everyone said the same about Adele’s 30 and everyone else got along just fine. People just want music.

4 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Exactly. She’s in a league of her own and the entire market doesn’t close for her. Everyone said the same about Adele’s 30 and everyone else got along just fine. People just want music.

It’s truly much ado about nothing. When Bey releases it’s going to be a monumental moment and then Chloe, Normani and whoever else will release and their records are going to do what they’re going to do.

You guys trying to play A&R and management behind a keyboard is going to drive you insane….when you can just be a FAN and enjoy whatever music comes.

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

It makes absolutely NO sense to pause things and release closer to Beyoncé. Realistically, that is so dumb especially for someone who is bound to get comparisons. And worse, Normani WILL get overshadowed if her release is not far away enough. This is why I’m praying she comes out on the 8th at the latest so there’s three weeks timeframe for people to notice her before the storm. Now there’s a huge chance there’ll be another pushback because of Bey, and like everyone in here, I’m very annoyed because now there is a valid reason. 

Meanwhile, there was never any reason why this didn’t come out either in May or June and not have a video ready. Normani needs to change her team because it seems like everyone is a “yes” man instead of genuinely helping her career. 

Stanning her is so frustrating :dies:

I did not say that.

The PAUSE aspect is in relation to her album mainly.

The original tea we got back during Fair era was Candy Paint in May, Album in June/July. That became Candy Paint in June/July, Album in FALL.

So yes there is a pause, and people have to live with that. :coffee2:

Is she not allowed to leave her management deal? Does anyone have precedent on how that works? :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Flare said:

I did not say that.

The PAUSE aspect is in relation to her album mainly.

The original tea we got back during Fair era was Candy Paint in May, Album in June/July. That became Candy Paint in June/July, Album in FALL.

So yes there is a pause, and people have to live with that. :coffee2:

Sorry sis, just a little frustrated with all of these constant delays and pushbacks that I might’ve misread the context a bit.

I’m genuinely concerned Normani or RCA might want to pushback again because of Beyoncé. Like…I don’t understand why there has been such a long delay when there was a void of impactful singles in mid to late May and the entirety of June. That was a perfect opportunity for Normani to come back. 

I guess all I’ll hope is that there is a plan for a good rollout when it’s finally time for CP to be released.

3 hours ago, shelven said:

I spit out my drink! Not shows hole to tide everyone over!!! Omg :bibliahh:

Yet y’all wanted Normani to drop? Between Drake and Beyonce? :gaycat3:

1 minute ago, Flare said:

Yet y’all wanted Normani to drop? Between Drake and Beyonce? :gaycat3:

I personally wanted her to drop earlier in the year when NOTHING was going on. Which is true in Q1 most years.

53 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I personally wanted her to drop earlier in the year when NOTHING was going on. Which is true in Q1 most years.

No I agree, I like Q1 releases for new artists. It’s when no one else is on the charts. You can get much higher up than you regularly would. 

I seriously don’t know why labels push their new artists into Q2/3 which are the worst parts with that new Grammys deadline being earlier in the year. 

22 hours ago, WheresJay said:

What you gonna do?

cry

A old song called Waiting For You dropped. Its such a soft bedroom pop vibe

43 minutes ago, Topaz said:

A old song called Waiting For You dropped. Its such a soft bedroom pop vibe

41 minutes ago, istersay said:

The very first comment saying "This would've been a hit!" At least I know there are Normani stans out there more delusional than the ones on Twitter :ahh:

33 minutes ago, shelven said:

The very first comment saying "This would've been a hit!" At least I know there are Normani stans out there more delusional than the ones on Twitter :ahh:

Honestly you know, upon listening to that youtube clip again, that song was bad. Why did she even record that? Nobody on her team was like “PASS” on that beat/demo. Almost none of the scrapped songs are even screaming 90s/2000s r&b or pop. She was just playing around in that studio for years and lying about the album direction.

Now, I’m really wondering what is *on* the album. It better be the most flawless debut serve or imma have questions for Normani, RCA, and Brandon. :coffee2:

Edited by Flare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.