Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 699.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

 Uhh. They are going to release a Christmas Barbie Mariah aren't they. :coffee2:

39 minutes ago, 1DES said:

 Uhh. They are going to release a Christmas Barbie Mariah aren't they. :coffee2:

This is huge.

 

I’m here for it.

2 hours ago, 1DES said:

 Uhh. They are going to release a Christmas Barbie Mariah aren't they. :coffee2:

:jonny5:

 

It betta be '94 Mariah.

13 hours ago, Daydream said:

People who says Mariah only sings about one topic (love) are plain dumb. Whilst she does have many songs about that topic she still covers plenty of other things.

 

Faith/her relationship with God - Vision Of Love, Heavenly, Fly Like A Bird, I Pray, When You Believe

Identity and racial ambiguity - Looking In, Portrait, Outside, In The Mix

Family/her childhood - Petals, Sunflowers for Alfred Roy, Reflections, Supernatural, Close My Eyes

Abuse - Side Effects

Death - One Sweet Day, Bye Bye

Friendship - I'll Be There, Anytime You Need A Friend, Thank God I Found You (to an extent)

Patriotism - Bring It On Home, America The Beautiful

Keeping her foot on J.Lo's/Eminem's neck - Heat, Obsessed, Clown

Inspirational - Triumphant, Can't Take That Away, Meteorite, Through the Rain, Hero, Save The Day

Twister is about her stylist's/friend's suicide, whose nickname is the title of the song:

 

Quote

 

And she had a lot to grapple with

But basically she kept

It all inside

Childlike and effervescent

With a well of pain

The depth of

I could not imagine

If I tried

 

Never thought that I

Would hear them say

Twister went and

Threw it all away

 

Sure, it's about "death" but it's very specific and not really a common topic for a pop singer. 

 

And "Reflections" is about abandonment and touches on abortion:

 

Quote

 

You could have had the decency

To give me up

Before you gave me life

 

 

Meteorite is not an inspirational track, it's a low-key diss track about a clout chaser who's about to burn up their fifteen minutes of fame, so they might as well burn as bright as they can before it fizzles out. ?

 

“So Lonely" is about enjoying getting peened out so bad, you'd risk perforating your speakers to dampen the popping of your pleasure pipes from peeking through the perimeter of your property into the privacy other people's place of residence. 

 

::Cue video meme of when people say "I want you", Mariah says "..."::

 

5 hours ago, Saddy said:

To Be Around You :celestial4:

8th Grade, easily.

This woman is already THREATENING  to make her Christmas comeback in October? When will it end? :doc: 

10 hours ago, Rocket said:

 

she should remaster it in 4k. also where is the roof 4k remaster. 

 

11 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Currentriah would never be able to give us this serve:

Also her voice is truly over if she doesn't change something fundamental like alcohol, vocal surgery, professional singing lessons etc.

 

 

this would be so nice but I have a feeling the next era is gonna serve autotune and strained vocals  

6 hours ago, Saddy said:

To Be Around You :celestial4:

8th Grade

 

11 minutes ago, thetea said:

she should remaster it in 4k. also where is the roof 4k remaster. 

 

this would be so nice but I have a feeling the next era is gonna serve autotune and strained vocals  

Most likely, since it's going to be a gospel album.

2 hours ago, noonbob said:

:jonny5:

 

It betta be '94 Mariah.

I fear it will be the Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special look. 

1 hour ago, Mandalay said:

So when is SUD coming out? :deadbanana:

Never

 

tKYKTFm.png

1 hour ago, Mandalay said:

So when is SUD coming out? :deadbanana:

As soon as Mariah gets the vocals back from Millie Bobby Brown.

DaBrat and Missy supporting Nicki. I thought the Heartbreaker (Remix) chanteuses would’ve known better. :shakeno: No wonder Moo didn’t go to Brat’s wedding.

20 minutes ago, Daydream said:

DaBrat and Missy supporting Nicki. I thought the Heartbreaker (Remix) chanteuses would’ve known better. :shakeno: No wonder Moo didn’t go to Brat’s wedding.

:!ohno:

17 minutes ago, Mandalay said:

 

I forgot this exists for a moment. It's decent imo.

omg me too lol :dies:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.