Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

I mean during Daydream era when her high belts were powerful, a whistle note was soft. But during Mimi Era, her belts were hoarse and her whistles were sharp like at the end of Vision of Love live Pepsi performance.

I guess it makes sense since she considers her whistles a rasp and she said when she was a kid and her voice was too raspy to speak she would talk in whistle register.

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 690.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

5 hours ago, Chris said:

Let's discuss All My Life please, gays.

 

:jonny4:

5 hours ago, Chris said:

@Saddy Turn Silk down, bring Billie all the way up.

 

 

 

Yes, we must discuss this masterpiece.

 

tumblr_inline_r4mwqdOgxx1qktomp_500.gif

 

Moo finally getting credited for the BER in Australia as it falls one spot to #14 this week.

2 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

I mean during Daydream era when her high belts were powerful, a whistle note was soft. But during Mimi Era, her belts were hoarse and her whistles were sharp like at the end of Vision of Love live Pepsi performance.

I guess it makes sense since she considers her whistles a rasp and she said when she was a kid and her voice was too raspy to speak she would talk in whistle register.

There are two good examples of her rasp going from a raspy belt to a clear whistle:

Vision of Love during the MTV Butterfly special

Jimmy Fallon improv performance

 

She mentioned this is the way it works for her in that limo interview she did where she explained that instead of cracking like normal people would experience, she "cracks" into a whistle. So it sounds like a really violent event that she can manipulate to musical effect. 

 

 

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

This remix doesn't ever get enough praise :chick3:

 

Legit top 5 of her remixes. 

 

jfH8Wfe.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

5 hours ago, suburbannature said:

“Taking Care of Your Voice”

 

is she ******* for real :ahh: 

She is such a freaking mess, I can't with her.

 

tumblr_inline_r3kloiDIJV1qktomp_500.gif

Will anyone actually learn anything from this Masterclass?

 

mXVA9xB.gif

 

Me thinks not.

5 hours ago, Rocket said:

Will anyone actually learn anything from this Masterclass?

 

mXVA9xB.gif

 

Me thinks not.

Good question

mXVA9xB.gif

 

I was watching this last night and I swear God literally gave her a GIFT with that voice.

 

:jonny4:

 

7 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

It gets enough praise,  it's the stevie j remix that is underrated

 

l1rvs5u.gif

her best rihmix ikdr :jonny3:

2 minutes ago, Slamless said:

her best rihmix ikdr :jonny3:

I was wondering where your baguette ass was.

 

:jonnycat:

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I was wondering where your baguette ass was.

 

:jonnycat:

streaming my favorite madge album aka the one with shoo bee do on it

 

gidm.thumb.gif.cc2982a91df49b10b8975ecae

30 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Has anyone found a new link? Mine was deleted.

for The Roof?

 

7 minutes ago, Saddy said:

for The Roof?

 

No, the whole thing 

14 hours ago, Rocket said:

Moo finally getting credited for the BER in Australia as it falls one spot to #14 this week.

She's also been credited on the UK charts where the remix is charting at #48

 

tumblr_inline_r4mw1zzjuj1qktomp_500.gif

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

She's also been credited on the UK charts where the remix is charting at #48

 

tumblr_inline_r4mw1zzjuj1qktomp_500.gif

4so2ICI.gif

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

FQZCFTGXIAAPZ1K?format=jpg&name=large

Moo sitting there like she's in church :skull:

Bet she just finished up fondling Tanaka. Who is that in the middle?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.