Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Streaming Close To You and Die With a Smile back to back 

 

I love god 

 

:gayalipacat5:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

3 hours ago, opbranden said:

Personally, I don't buy the idea that "she's staying silent to build hype," because it just doesn't work, and she clearly knows it. Back in February, she hyped us up for LG7 every single day with posts, comments, etc. She knows that's what we want because it makes the release more exciting.


Damn, even just three weeks ago with Harlequin, she did the same thing—building hype, engaging with us, and staying active on socials. She managed to get a lot of us who were expecting a punky album hooked, even though it turned out to be a jazzy album. The hype machine definitely worked.

 

I really don't get why her pop era gets the least amount of love. We're just 9 days away from the last Friday of October, and I really hope she at least starts teasing something this Friday. Otherwise, it's going to be such a bummer.

 

 

Two points:

 

- She's not staying silent to build hype. She's staying silent to not add to the backlash of Joker, but probably to build tension and anticipation for her next post, while probably going super deep into planning how to announce LG7

 
She will build hype when she just announces the release date, but she's essentially already done that over a month ago

 

- Harlequin's 10 days of teasing was actually great bc at first we had no clue what she was doing. We knew it wasn't for LG7, and were confused as if it was for Joker. She can't at this point start teasing for the lead bc we literally all know it's her next move bc it's what she announced. 
 

The strategy of announcing a few days before works. It's a choice, but not a terrible one

If you think about it, it's Sarah's fault.

 

DWAS = No Sarah = :gaygacat4:

 

Joker = Yes Sarah = :gaycat6:

Edited by PlERRE

1 hour ago, TheOrangeTree said:

Is she really happy right now?
I don't believe any of the tabloid articles saying she's devastated by the film's failure, but I think it would be natural and understandable for her to be sad to see a film she poured her heart and soul into, fail to live up to expectations.
She put all her heart and body (literally with her weight loss for the film) into this project.
She was happy to be part of it, so happy that she prepared an album to accompany the film.

 

I feel sad for her and I really hope she doesn't give a damn about this failure and that she's happy and glowing right now, but I find it hard to believe.

Haizzz, I feel you. I just wanna cheer you up. I believe she's happy and if she's sad, she now has a man who care for and love her. We don't really know behind the scenes. Don't let sadness makes you can't enjoy the new era. It's coming 🥰 I've been here for so long, witnessed everyone come and go. Sometimes I'm curious to know what her legacy will be in the future but I won't let these things stress me out because I always believe in her talents. We now have a few snippets as a pledge to have faith in and a lot of people in our community love that. Funny because the other monsters also calmed me down about the film when Gaga was nowhere to be seen. Haizzz 

 

Come on, get happy a bit 🥹

Edited by David_Greengrass97

3 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

Two points:

 

- She's not staying silent to build hype. She's staying silent to not add to the backlash of Joker, but probably to build tension and anticipation for her next post, while probably going super deep into planning how to announce LG7

 
She will build hype when she just announces the release date, but she's essentially already done that over a month ago

 

- Harlequin's 10 days of teasing was actually great bc at first we had no clue what she was doing. We knew it wasn't for LG7, and were confused as if it was for Joker. She can't at this point start teasing for the lead bc we literally all know it's her next move bc it's what she announced. 
 

The strategy of announcing a few days before works. It's a choice, but not a terrible one

I agree with your first point. I was responding to some users who thought her silence was a strategy to build hype, but in my opinion, you don't build hype by staying quiet.

 

 :dies:

4 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

If you think about it, it's a Sarah's fault.

 

DWAS = No Sarah = :gaygacat4:

 

Joker = Yes Sarah = :gaycat6:

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Streaming Close To You and Die With a Smile back to back 

 

I love god 

 

:gayalipacat5:

I love the way you live your life. Always treating yourself with good music viviedily2-stan-twitter.gif

11 minutes ago, PMM said:

Gurl, don't start. they have the privilege to have me on board. The advantage is - I have another laptop to stream Ga's music. IMG_9392.thumb.gif.85753856e1a01d45fa1e4

Mind you, I'm just the same. A billion-dollar company, I'm sure them technically paying me to browse the Lady Gaga base isn't gonna break their bank

 

AFc-HGiFot4.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Florence Belch said:

This one is missing the Girlfriend/Garden of Eden snippet, but it's the most accurate one

 

 

Relisteniing to NB, I think she's singi by "I-II-Iiïiįi-iîI-I-I've become a Notorious Being" instead of going "ah ah aha ah ah"

 

Which is just classic Gaga penmanship 😌

3 minutes ago, opbranden said:

spacer.png

I legit can do better make up than this and I'm usually under 1 hour pressure before the straight dl guy arrives 

Just now, Sombre said:

Mind you, I'm just the same. A billion-dollar company, I'm sure them technically paying me to browse the Lady Gaga base isn't gonna break their bank

 

AFc-HGiFot4.jpg

 

we are just doing god's work. not only we must do the company's work but also browsing gaga stuff. we are practicing multitasking. i can also do jumping jacks on D in a meantime dance-stan.gif

3 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

I legit can do better make up than this and I'm usually under 1 hour pressure before the straight dl guy arrives 

are you a catfish-fishing.gif

EDIT: oh wait. You boi pu$$i must be really god if straight dudes are cuming into your coochie house floreyonce-judging.gif

Edited by PMM

7 minutes ago, opbranden said:

I agree with your first point. I was responding to some users who thought her silence was a strategy to build hype, but in my opinion, you don't build hype by staying quiet.

 

 :dies:

It's partially Joker's fault. She's extremely smart to stay completely and absolutely invisible once the movie dropped and people will digest it for a week.

 

I can imagine a world where the reception was good and she's promoting it like "Joker came out yesterday! Go watch" yet she wasn't mentioning LG7 yet. 
 

We didn't get that but I don't think it'll hurt LG7. All I'll say is DWAS is probably doing way more to set LG7 up for success than even Gaga anticipated - and we're thankful

2 minutes ago, PMM said:

i can also do jumping jacks on D in a meantime dance-stan.gif

I'm sure HR won't be appreciating that

 

AFc-HGiFot4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sombre said:

I'm sure HR won't be appreciating that

 

AFc-HGiFot4.jpg

they don't have to know beauty-sarah.gif

15 minutes ago, opbranden said:

I agree with your first point. I was responding to some users who thought her silence was a strategy to build hype, but in my opinion, you don't build hype by staying quiet.

 

 :dies:

Yes, because all the hype posts about Harlequin really helped the album's performance, right? :smitten:

6 minutes ago, Sombre said:

I'm sure HR won't be appreciating that

 

AFc-HGiFot4.jpg

Her face looks scary 😭😭😭😭😭😭 

37 minutes ago, opbranden said:

On a Wednesday? She never uses Wednesday tho :gaycat6:

So what? That's not a problem, she's apparently not too attached to dates. Harlequin was random and dwas as well, Wednesday could be as good as Tuesday 

Anyone think she might just end up releasing as a surprise without an announcement or hype or anything? 

 

I'm having trouble believing that her team is so incompetent that they'd release the lead the same week they want to push DWAS to #1

 

IMG_9392.thumb.gif.85753856e1a01d45fa1e4

9 minutes ago, PMM said:

are you a catfish-fishing.gif

EDIT: oh wait. You boi pu$$i must be really god if straight dudes are cuming into your coochie house floreyonce-judging.gif

IMG_9392.thumb.gif.85753856e1a01d45fa1e4

Just now, atemyheartinc said:

Yes, because all the hype posts about Harlequin really helped the album's performance, right? :smitten:

why are you complain? go buy it and stream it faceapp-makeup.gif

2 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Anyone think she might just end up releasing as a surprise without an announcement or hype or anything? 

 

I'm having trouble believing that her team is so incompetent that they'd release the lead the same week they want to push DWAS to #1

 

IMG_9392.thumb.gif.85753856e1a01d45fa1e4

-

Question to everyone here - why was the shipment delayed? Was it because those port works almost went on strike? I read that somewhere 

2 minutes ago, PMM said:

why are you complain? go buy it and stream it faceapp-makeup.gif

Don't worry about me; I've been streaming the album since its release.

 

What I'm saying is that "Die With A Smile," with its surprise release and just one post the day before, generated way more hype and success than Harlequin's one week of teasing. I hope she announces the single right beforehand.

 

 

1 minute ago, ROARyals said:

-

Question to everyone here - why was the shipment delayed? Was it because those port works almost went on strike? I read that somewhere 

Nobody knows exactly why , but I think the AI was not high enough to compete for number 1 even with the vinyls. 

1 minute ago, kwek_kwek said:

Nobody knows exactly why , but I think the AI was not high enough to compete for number 1 even with the vinyls. 

3k vinyl will never be enough to compete #1 whatever week they decide to ship. Maybe the pre-ordered CD restock might help.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.