Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

I don't really know how movie grosses track over time. It is this a good start and can it breach 500M at the end?

No, but 121M is better than the rumored 100M. Next week it will probably fall to 70M if they are lucky, 40M if things go even worse. 

 

It will end anywhere between 250M to 350M 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Was that thread really necessary :toofunny2:

 

It clearly did okay in some countries, better than the complete disaster in the US, but it sure isnt a 'global success'. 

Just now, opbranden said:

anywhere between 250M to 350M 

Oh no, not even breaking even? :gaycat6:

16 minutes ago, BlondUnicorn said:

So curious about what her next post will be. Hopefully it's a random selfie in like two days.

 

I kinda don't want it to be LG7 related and then be filled with angry comments from DC fans. Let another random post take all that.

It's probably going to be about the secret Harlequin show

3 minutes ago, Hair said:

I... really don't think $121M is that bad? Although I don't really do films so I have no idea, I get that it was obviously projected to do more.

Also, I thought the $200M budget thing was debunked, I guess it is actually true then?

 

The budget was over $190M, confirmed by multiple sources. The marketing budget was also somewhere between $70M and $100M. This film is going to be a net loss for the studio, and they deserve it. They should have released the Gaga cut.

 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

I just know this loser Hag has a troll account here…

 

She is so annoying with this narrative that HOG was a 'HUGE flop'. It did okay considering it was a pandemic release. 

Gucci was not even a flop. It was released right at the tail end of major COVID lockdowns and still did fine

121 million is above estimates. It'll probably drop alot next week due to bad word and mouth, but hopefully it can leg it out to like 400 million :gaycat3:

2 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

Gucci was not even a flop. It was released right at the tail end of major COVID lockdowns and still did fine

And was the biggest drama movie during the pandemic.

3 minutes ago, opbranden said:

The marketing budget was also somewhere between $70M and $100M

Oh? Where'd this come from? I thought rule of thumb was 2x the listed budget for the marketing budget

6 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

The budget was over $190M, confirmed by multiple sources. The marketing budget was also somewhere between $70M and $100M. This film is going to be a net loss for the studio, and they deserve it. They should have released the Gaga cut.

 

spacer.png

I need a $70M-$100M marketing budget for lg7-lady-gaga.gif

1 hour ago, kwek_kwek said:

 

Grace acting like an incel. As if other actors did not have flop films. 

i mean she's not wrong

would you as a record label hire some pop star who don't sell much albums? 

do you know what showbiz means? money. They are not gonna invest in something that don't give them profit 

5 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

Oh? Where'd this come from? I thought rule of thumb was 2x the listed budget for the marketing budget

I saw it in some trade articles yesterday—maybe it was from a Deadline article, but I can't remember exactly. Normally, yes, tthat's the rule , but for this movie, they were very conservative with the marketing. WB likely put most of their budget into Beetlejuice, probably realizing this one wasn't worth going all-in like they did with Barbie.

 

 

16 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

I don't really know how movie grosses track over time. It is this a good start and can it breach 500M at the end?

No, unless China stans the **** out of this movie, it will probably stall around $300M. 

Just now, PMM said:

i mean she's not wrong

would you as a record label hire some pop star who don't sell much albums? 

do you know what showbiz means? money. They are not gonna invest in something that don't give them profit 

She is wrong though. HoG was neither a critical or commercial flop. If anything, HoG showed Gaga can get butts in seats. 

4 minutes ago, Hair said:

I need a $70M-$100M marketing budget for lg7-lady-gaga.gif

Let's hope Gaga puts some of her $12M paycheck from FaD into LG7.

 :alexz2:

1 minute ago, PMM said:

i mean she's not wrong

would you as a record label hire some pop star who don't sell much albums? 

do you know what showbiz means? money. They are not gonna invest in something that don't give them profit 

Yes but overall consensus was that the movie itself was bad. Gaga is being praised af.

Liddos acting deranged because Grace Randolph is dropping truth bombs :rip:

 

JFAD is a disaster in all fronts and only delusional liddos will say this will not affect Gaga's acting career at all...lol

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

Yes but overall consensus was that the movie itself was bad. Gaga is being praised af.

but gaga is associated with this movie. Film industry is not the same as music one. Toad Joaquin and Gaga will take all the damages 

2 minutes ago, PMM said:

i mean she's not wrong

would you as a record label hire some pop star who don't sell much albums? 

do you know what showbiz means? money. They are not gonna invest in something that don't give them profit 

Except bad box office performance always result from bad directing/ scripts instead of actors. She is just trying to put the blame on the actor like she always does.

1 minute ago, FrederickGa said:

Liddos acting deranged because Grace Randolph is dropping truth bombs :rip:

 

JFAD is a disaster in all fronts and only delusional liddos will say this will not affect Gaga's acting career at all...lol

i don't think it's delusional I think it's age. they are probably like 8-11. They will be more knowledgeable in the future. 

 

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

Yes but overall consensus was that the movie itself was bad. Gaga is being praised af.

Okay, but studios care about 1) money 2) awards. 
 

Gaga being praised by some reviews doesn't change the fact she and Phoenix couldn't save this movie. 
 

im not saying Grace is 100% right but she's got some points. Gaga really needs to choose her next movie carefully. 

20 minutes ago, Hair said:

I... really don't think $121M is that bad? Although I don't really do films so I have no idea, I get that it was obviously projected to do more.

Also, I thought the $200M budget thing was debunked, I guess it is actually true then?

It is BAD. That $121M shouldve been DOMESTIC OW alone

 

But $80M OS is decent tbh

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.