Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, Babar2009 said:

That's what Katy Perry just did. Gaga doesn't do the same thing twice she has said or isn't the type to do that. But her biggest enemy is her and it's showing right now. Such wasted potential all the time. 

 

Idk - Katy and Gaga are two very different artists. The aesthetic Katy is going for 143 is actually pretty different for her… she's only retreading old ground in the sense she's brought back D. Puke and the "themes" Woman World explores are just really bloody vapid.

 

Gaga attempted to recapture some of the "early magic" with her last outing but it was a half hearted showing and the concept felt poorly executed…

 

I honestly don't really mind where she goes next but I just want her to care about the project * glares at Chromatica *

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I would even be fine with an Ariana-style announcement that she is solely focusing on her movie for the rest of the year. Just say something, GaR. Silence until Venice isn't a good choice. 

 

LkOBFPK.gif

I think she trying to lose weight before her public appearances 

6 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

 

Idk - Katy and Gaga are two very different artists. The aesthetic Katy is going for 143 is actually pretty different for her… she's only retreading old ground in the sense she's brought back D. Puke and the "themes" Woman World explores are just really bloody vapid.

 

Gaga attempted to recapture some of the "early magic" with her last outing but it was a half hearted showing and the concept felt poorly executed…

 

I honestly don't really mind where she goes next but I just want her to care about the project * glares at Chromatica *

Sigh, another day where I need to defend Chromatica and battle for her life 

 

We're really dunking on Chromatica to lift up a KT Perr album that hasn't even been released yet? 
 

Chromatica's aesthetics are very colorful and could be described as futuristic punk. When has Gaga done this before? Besides being a dance record, Gaga has never made a full house record before. 
 

It is her most critically acclaimed album. Sold well, went number 1, has a number 1 song and won a Grammy. Which part of that is poorly executed? 

I think she's hiding on purpose, usually the paparazzi would have caught her shopping or getting a coffee, but NADA this time.:lakitu:

23 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Silence until Venice isn't a good choice. 

But it's building gargantuan hype among the fans and GP

LkOBFPK.gif

Chromatica is an excellent album and quite different from her previous works.

 

Saying that she "attempted to recapture her early magic" with chromatica when she fully embraced neon colors and 90s-inspired house music is quite the statement. Are you familiar with Gaga's artistic journey?:rip:

 

What about Chromatica reminds you of The Fame or The Fame Monster? To me, absolutely nothing. :rip:

24 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

I think she trying to lose weight before her public appearances 

if this is the case, the music video is not recorded :rip:

I was drinking my coffee, enjoying the sun and the soft breath of air on my face when a thought hit me… 'what if today's the day?'. And now I'm pissed and my day is ruined knowing full well that nothing is coming.

 

Oh to be a monster… it's a curse.

7 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

But it's building gargantuan hype among the fans and GP

LkOBFPK.gif

dying-hungry-and-thirsty.gif

3 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Chromatica is an excellent album and quite different from her previous works.

 

Saying that she "attempted to recapture her early magic" with chromatica when she fully embraced neon colors and 90s-inspired house music is quite the statement. Are you familiar with Gaga's artistic journey?:rip:

 

What about Chromatica reminds you of The Fame or The Fame Monster? To me, absolutely nothing. :rip:

I was feeling down yesterday and decided to listen to Chrome and pheew, what an experience ! By the end I was ready to go out and reclaim the ´dancefloor I fought for' :smiley:

someone on reddit is saying the new trailer will be released next week, i mean… the sdcc is next week, the next empire magazine issue is also next week… i'm not saying i believe them but …

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Joker_FolieaDeux/s/faEHZ8tmNQ

I'm so over this situation

 

Image saying GAGA RETURNS on may and then disappear for 2 months after months and months of useless teasing 

MAESTRO PLAY ME YOUR SYMPHONY 

spacer.png

 

I WILL LISTEN TO ANYTHING 

spacer.png

 

TAKE ME ON A TRIP, DJ, FREE MY MIND

 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Julio said:

if this is the case, the music video is not recorded :rip:

could be. but it takes max 3 days to shoot and 2 weeks to edit. 

So not too bad anyways.

Miss Gar already in Gold Derby's Top5 best actress list ihihihhii :ryan3:

She might be the one of the few actresses who got oscar buzz with each of their releases. 

44 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Sigh, another day where I need to defend Chromatica and battle for her life 

 

We're really dunking on Chromatica to lift up a KT Perr album that hasn't even been released yet? 
 

Chromatica's aesthetics are very colorful and could be described as futuristic punk. When has Gaga done this before? Besides being a dance record, Gaga has never made a full house record before. 
 

It is her most critically acclaimed album. Sold well, went number 1, has a number 1 song and won a Grammy. Which part of that is poorly executed? 

Girl I like Chromatica.

 

Rain On Me was my most played song on Spotify for three years running… I still think it's one of her best singles - up there with Bad Romance.
 

I think it's more about how Gaga talked about it in interviews… the press cycle for Chromatica felt very, very awkward. Yes, lockdown was in full effect and it was a very scary time… but she didn't seem very connected to it? The album dropped and nothing really happened (sans the 911 video and the VMA's) and it's largely presumed she had little to no involvement in the remix album.

 

I think the overall soundscape she was going for felt reminiscent of 2010's dance pop with a little 90's House flare… it felt like she was making an album she thought people wanted to her to make rather than something she truly believed in. Sure, it's different enough to albums like Artpop and Born This Way, but it somehow felt safer… more diluted. It lacks the personality that a quintessential Gaga album needs.
 

And that's reinforced by the amount of co-writers sprinkled throughout the album… which is a-typical for Gaga.

 

I also really liked the art direction and the "aesthetic" of the era… but I think there was a lot more that could have been explored. The "tribes" concept never came to fruition and the mantra of "in Chromatica not one thing is better than the other" idea kinda went nowhere?

Edited by Peroxide

5 minutes ago, notshawn said:

someone on reddit is saying the new trailer will be released next week, i mean… the sdcc is next week, the next empire magazine issue is also next week… i'm not saying i believe them but …

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Joker_FolieaDeux/s/faEHZ8tmNQ

It appears that FaD will not be showcased at the sdcc. WB. has decided to focus on film festivals rather than fan events for the movie (same as Joker), aiming to present it in as a more artsy and respectable movie. But who know? Anything can happen... 

25 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

But it's building gargantuan hype among the fans and GP

LkOBFPK.gif

imagine if the next time we see her is when she steps off the boat in Venice in a fierce look, I'm already gagging :ryan3:


giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91w6977sgemjf3ejz2j0

 

Every Gaga's Return , and you're lucky  to believe in it uhhhhhhhhh 

 

Edited by Gagaqueen

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

imagine if the next time we see her is when she steps off the boat in Venice in a fierce look, I'm already gagging :ryan3:

And then you lay your eyes on the fried granny updo

LkOBFPK.gif

26 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Chromatica is an excellent album and quite different from her previous works.

 

Saying that she "attempted to recapture her early magic" with chromatica when she fully embraced neon colors and 90s-inspired house music is quite the statement. Are you familiar with Gaga's artistic journey?:rip:

 

What about Chromatica reminds you of The Fame or The Fame Monster? To me, absolutely nothing. :rip:

Miss girly there's no need to be passive aggressive. Our kindness queen wouldn't like that.

 

:suburban:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.