Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Reading her old vanity fair 2010 interview where the editor lied and said she still did cocaine. I remember how annoyed she was about that and kept reminding everyone she hadn't done cocaine since 2007 and that she only drank and smoked marijuana from 2008 to 2011. 

• Replies 147k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Eras and Rennie tour films got theatrical releases, Chromatica Ball is Shudder exclusive, why?

david-bowie-2.thumb.jpg.c2391a527e272edc

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Yeah a theatrical release wouldn't make sense at this point, I just hope they don't choose some obscure streaming service :clack:

Agree. I think a Paramount+ or Max release would be ideal. 

30 minutes?

:suburban:

3 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

It scored the emotional climax of the film and was used as dietetic music in the bar too. I really don't get the "they made it an end credits song" narrative when it like... wasn't. It was used plenty in the movie imo.

It was played softly in the background of the bar scene, only monsters noticed it. 

The song is played after the emotional climax, when people were leaving the theater. 

I'll Never Love Again plays at the emotional climax of ASIB
What Was I Made For plays at the emotional climax of Barbie 

HMH got treated like Lift Me Up in Black Panther Wakanda Forever, the difference is that Marvel fans stay for the whole credits to see the ending scene 
The instrumental being intertwined with the score does not help the song. No normal person notices it 

At the end of the day, for the movie it was the right move. There was no place they could have shoehorned that song in. As a Gaga stan I'll ***** and moan, but Tom Cruise did what he needed to do

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

It was played softly in the background of the bar scene, only monsters noticed it. 

The song is played after the emotional climax, when people were leaving the theater. 

I'll Never Love Again plays at the emotional climax of ASIB
What Was I Made For plays at the emotional climax of Barbie 

HMH got treated like Lift Me Up in Black Panther Wakanda Forever, the difference is that Marvel fans stay for the whole credits to see the ending scene 
The instrumental being intertwined with the score does not help the song. No normal person notices it 

At the end of the day, for the movie it was the right move. There was no place they could have shoehorned that song in. As a Gaga stan I'll ***** and moan, but Tom Cruise did what he needed to do

It literally blasts over the scene as Tom Cruise flies off into the sunset with his girl. That's the emotional resolution :deadbanana4:

And irregardless, the song is used throughout the movie in different ways. I'd actually argue that it's pretty similar to how they used What Was I Made For in the Barbie movie- song plays over Barbie choosing to be human and the melody is including in the scoring. The GP simply rejected HMH because it's mediocre for Gaga's standards. Them playing it 5 more times wouldn't have changed that.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marry The Gods said:

Reading her old vanity fair 2010 interview where the editor lied and said she still did cocaine. I remember how annoyed she was about that and kept reminding everyone she hadn't done cocaine since 2007 and that she only drank and smoked marijuana from 2008 to 2011. 

She was a literal pothead in 2012 :suburban:

It's going viral again!

23 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

It literally blasts over the scene as Tom Cruise flies off into the sunset with his girl. That's the emotional resolution :deadbanana4:

And irregardless, the song is used throughout the movie in different ways. I'd actually argue that it's pretty similar to how they used What Was I Made For in the Barbie movie- song plays over Barbie choosing to be human and the melody is including in the scoring. The GP simply rejected HMH because it's mediocre for Gaga's standards. Them playing it 5 more times wouldn't have changed that.

The climax of Top Gun Maverick is when Tom Cruise shots down the enemy flyer and flies back to home base safely with his friend's son. Playing the love song at that moment wouldn't make sense. HMH is played at the end of the resolution when he flies away with the love interest 

The original Top Gun is a love story, making Take My Breath Away a staple to the movies. Maverick is different, the love interest is just tacked on to the story, making HMH's inclusion unnecessary. TPM didn't need a love song and they keep the song hidden in the score and the credits. The score is the main purpose of Gaga's involvement, the actual song itself is less important 

ANYWAY, I'm glad Gaga got score credits and that the song snatched an Oscar nom. It's a superb song but it is more of an afterthought for the movie

Shallow +882.317

Always Remember Us This Way +856.028

Pin su For Gif

Let's go, ARUTW! So close to surpass Shallow!

• Like 3

Great update today! Almost all her songs are rising + it still shocks me to see how big ASIB, TF, TFM and BTW are. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chromatica I love you girl but you are the ammunition the haters needed. She absolutely cleared the opps with ASIB and all she had to do was stick the landing :gaygacat3:

If Gaga handles another album like she did LG6... let's not even entertain the thought :suburban:

Edited by CoolNebraskaGuy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Artur said:

It's going viral again!

The way Judas is now doing like 200k more than Royals nowadays...

26 minutes ago, Artur said:

Great update today! Almost all her songs are rising + it still shocks me to see how big ASIB, TF, TFM and BTW are. 

Why is Poker Face so ******* gargantuan? :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Why is Poker Face so ******* gargantuan? :deadbanana4:

Mariah Carey GIF - Mariah Carey Classic - Discover & Share GIFs

Truly one of the biggest songs of all time. I hope it eventually becomes one of those hits that charts forever on the lower part of Spotify Global 200 songs.

The Chromatica Ball Film exclusively on Tubi :katie2:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Artur said:

It's going viral again!

Remember when you used to spam it as "Flopdas" over and over in the base  :suburban:

Now it's the BTW song with the highest recurrent streams. Ohh JuGod :ryan3:

• Haha 2

We're overdue for a Scheißussance! 

tumblr_mhcppdPW6d1qjtj50o1_500.gif

Kinda hate how ASIB is excluded from the perceived weight pulling her Spotify numbers. "PeOpLe aRe oNLy sTrEaMiNg hEr fIrsT aLbUmS" yet literal original solo Gaga songs from just a few years ago are bringing in her biggest figures. It's also not her fault legendary album Born This Way keeps producing viral hits well beyond its release. :michael:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Aden said:

Kinda hate how ASIB is excluded from the perceived weight pulling her Spotify numbers. "PeOpLe aRe oNLy sTrEaMiNg hEr fIrsT aLbUmS" yet literal original solo Gaga songs from just a few years ago are bringing in her biggest figures. It's also not her fault legendary album Born This Way keeps producing viral hits well beyond its release. :michael:

The OGH narratives only exist in their brains. ASIB songs are Gaga songs 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Artur said:

It's going viral again!

Slay, But why can't it be Marry The Night.

GGG93acW0AA2mYK.thumb.jpeg.42675fb1e9017

• Like 2

I wish RideOrDie would do a thread like that for Gaga (ARTPOP ACT II, LG7...). It's so interesting to read and I don't even care about Rihanna. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.