Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Not to be the devil's advocate, but even though Madonna was terrible during the BTW era, I always thought it was all orchestrated by the label (Interscope at the time). Madonna has been hated for the entirety of her career by people like Cher, Elton, and the list goes on and on, but she has always shown support for younger artists (Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Katy, Bey, etc). She's definitely a diva, but it was a different time. Now, it's all about kindness, etc., but not in the '80s and '90s. :deadbanana2:

 

I really think M just finds the comparison funny and she just played with that, but in reality she respects Gaga as an artist. (As she said on various occasions).

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

 I wonder if we can expect an announcement this week? Is someone major releasing this Friday? 
also happy 4 years since she announced stupid love 

1 minute ago, Funtonight15 said:

 I wonder if we can expect an announcement this week? Is someone major releasing this Friday? 
also happy 4 years since she announced stupid love 

Nope, there is no major release scheduled for March 1st.

Camila was rumored but apparently they moved her date.

Halsey is still likely, but she's not Interscope and definitely not a commercial threat, so nothing to worry about.

 

 

As of right now, March 1st is open and available for Gaga. But will she take advantage of it?

1 minute ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Nope, there is no major release scheduled for March 1st.

Camila was rumored but apparently they moved her date.

Halsey is still likely, but she's not Interscope and definitely not a commercial threat, so nothing to worry about.

 

 

As of right now, March 1st is open and available for Gaga. But will she take advantage of it?

I swear it's the perfect date. Ugh. 

35 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

I don’t agree with that. There are plenty of successful people that instead choose to become supportive mentors, regardless of having their own ego. That implies there’s no personal fault for choosing to be bitter.

I mean to be fair, if you were Madonna, you would have her personal faults, so.... :gaygacat9:

2 hours ago, Human Fly said:

Interscope records on a low low. Cant remember last time they achieved a hit. Maybe Vampire?  Now selena gomez failed after Olivia’s underperform. Lets hope they go hard on Gaga’s promotion. 

And until the TikTok situation is gonna be solved, they're gonna have always more less hits and an overall decline of streaming for their artists catalogue, there's a reason if certain releases from the other labels not affected by that are currently smashing (even unexpectedly), talking about releasing in the best moment.

8 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

 

As of right now, March 1st is open and available for Gaga. But will she take advantage of it?

 

7 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I swear it's the perfect date. Ugh. 

And this is exactly why she won't release on March 1st :eddie:

7 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I swear it's the perfect date. Ugh. 

Indeed. :weeps:

The only other somewhat-good date for the lead single will be April 5th, but then Hurricane Taylor will take over.

 

So it's now (March 1st/April 5th) or never (May/June?) :dancehall:

But seriously, if I was a famous artist like Gaga, I would actually open a fan-committee to help with advises/ideas/gathering info. I wont keep listening to the yes people around me and leave everything to the people on the team / small circles. The fans are a mix btw the GP and the "close people" to the artist. They sometimes know best about when to release, what to release as singles ànd so on. Just like this thread.

broadway gays, ASIB is being reportedly developed for broadway!

 

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/02/26/exclusive-a-star-is-born-musical-coming-to-broadway-with-the-lady-gaga-hits?#google_vignette

 

movie to stage transitions are usually a mess but if done well this can be really good. let’s hope she has a producing credit or writes new songs for that T in EGOT :gaycat1:

Tony Bennett, Patti Labelle, Elton John, Cher, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, these are the legends that have consistently supported her throughout her 16-year career. Madonna can be added too since we're in the year 2024 not 2012. It's time to move on. Madonna and Gaga are cool with each other now, they drank and partied after the 2019 Oscars and Gaga showed support through tiktok when Madonna was sick. Prince only said that Gaga wasn't his taste. Not really anything crazy. As for David Bowie, he probaby felt like Gaga was a quick flash in the pan but his estate mentioning "He'd be pissed if he knew Gaga tributed him" kinda makes me assume that he just didn't like her...at all for whatever reason. His son acting like Gaga's tribute was the most offensive thing to his eyes was also awkward. 

 

At the end of the day Gaga is still in good company

 

lady-gaga-tony-bennett-friendship-072123

gaga-madonna.jpg?width=1200

D0SmiABXcAAQoOG.jpg:large

99282574_-_h_2016.jpg

D0RHaaLWsAACwzd.jpg

d8db73b9e20f701b48dfc6590fd626bb.jpglady-gaga-cher-5153df5bad294e94897f12f43

sub-buzz-29934-1546471607-1.png?downsize

 

I excluded Barbra Streisan from the list since she made some funny comments about ASIB a few years ago. I also didn't include many of the rock legends because you can praise a woman for her talent without tearing down the genre of music she sings. But in all, the only legends that actively hated on her were Grace Jones and Boy George. 

3 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

The only other somewhat-good date for the lead single will be April 5th, but then Hurricane Taylor will take over.

that date is still plausible since Taylor has been releasing the lead coinciding album release for a double #1 debut since folklore

I feel like I need to blame Sarah Tanno for something today but I don't know what it could be, give me ideas liddos. 

Just now, PlERRE said:

I feel like I need to blame Sarah Tanno for something today but I don't know what it could be, give me ideas liddos. 

She is the 👹 guarding the LG7's vault :suburban:

Initially also Madonna was 'supportive' of Gaga, remember when they took this photo.

 

5bb496ed2000009900007dd4.jpeg?ops=scalef

 

What did a number on Madonna back in the day in my opinion was the fact that properly in the years of when Gaga came out and she was everywhere dominating the scene, Madonna has started to decline and losing popularity, especially since MDNA, whereas Cher and others were already in a state of their careers in which they were past their big popularity moment.

 

Then it's also a matter of disposition and personality, Madonna has notoriously never been a 'kind-sweet' kind of person, especially when it comes to other artists.

 

10 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

broadway gays, ASIB is being reportedly developed for broadway!

 

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/02/26/exclusive-a-star-is-born-musical-coming-to-broadway-with-the-lady-gaga-hits?#google_vignette

 

movie to stage transitions are usually a mess but if done well this can be really good. let’s hope she has a producing credit or writes new songs for that T in EGOT :gaycat1:

inch resting... the songs are already written so seems like it could be pretty easy and minimalist like Once or sumn :celestial5:

yeah it really feels like David Bowie didn't like her for whatever reason, but how his son behaved re: her tribute was just unacceptable

i love bowie but i always felt like this was a little sad and dismissive, she made it no secret he was her biggest inspiration (honoring him with a lightning bolt in her debut music video) and they never got to meet 

 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, bigboyzeddy said:

oh my lord after waiting 2 weeks i've finally been let in!! 

Is that you in your avi :WAP:

2 hours ago, bigboyzeddy said:

 its kinda sad how all three of the people gaga was inspired by, prince, bowie and madonna don't like her

They were angry she’s better :gaygacat1: also, Bowie never said it 

32 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

But seriously, if I was a famous artist like Gaga, I would actually open a fan-committee to help with advises/ideas/gathering info. I wont keep listening to the yes people around me and leave everything to the people on the team / small circles. The fans are a mix btw the GP and the "close people" to the artist. They sometimes know best about when to release, what to release as singles ànd so on. Just like this thread.

I sometimes agree and sometimes not. I remember when this fanbase was having meltdowns over Gaga not going full on promo for "The Cure" and also complained that promoting The Cure is better than promoting Shallow:skull: but also her team released SL as a first single when Chroma I into Alice was right there as a perfect introduction to the era

20 minutes ago, trueromance said:

i love bowie but i always felt like this was a little sad and dismissive, she made it no secret he was her biggest inspiration (honoring him with a lightning bolt in her debut music video) and they never got to meet 

 

spacer.png

:chick3: poor Gags

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.