Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

25 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

And she works for the Biden administration, so lets read the room :suburban: Shes probably not allowed to state her mind, assuming it’s the opposite of theirs.

i keep forgetting she's on B*den's payroll :suburban: 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Why is there still ARTPOP talk? She's not going back to that album. Also, if the album has a cult following it would chart on Billboard from time to time, but it's N/A. That title belongs to the Fame, I'm afraid. :celestial3:

12 minutes ago, POPTART said:

Why is there still ARTPOP talk? She's not going back to that album. Also, if the album has a cult following it would chart on Billboard from time to time, but it's N/A. That title belongs to the Fame, I'm afraid. :celestial3:

Honestly yeah if they hasn't milked TF/TFM with new unreleased stuff I doubt they would for ARTPOP

33 minutes ago, POPTART said:

Why is there still ARTPOP talk? She's not going back to that album. Also, if the album has a cult following it would chart on Billboard from time to time, but it's N/A. That title belongs to the Fame, I'm afraid. :celestial3:

I don't understand where the hell Gaga fans are if they're not streaming her music, its ridiculous :toofunny3:

 

and then people in here complain she isn't doing things they like, well no sh*t where's the benefit

:ryan3:

Edited by Mr. Stratus

30 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I don't understand where the hell Gaga fans are if they're not streaming her music, its ridiculous :toofunny3:

 

and then people in here complain she isn't doing things they like, well no sh*t where's the benefit

:ryan3:

I’m a massive Gaga fan but I haven’t streamed her in a long while. 
 

There’s such a lack of excitement for me around her and her music atm. It feels like she’s kind disappeared from music. I only listen to her when I’m nostalgic now. 
 

We haven’t even had a tour film in forever, a documentary, a behind the scenes, any new music. She has become v. boring to be a fan of. 

27 minutes ago, Miss Fortune said:

I’m a massive Gaga fan but I haven’t streamed her in a long while. 
 

There’s such a lack of excitement for me around her and her music atm. It feels like she’s kind disappeared from music. I only listen to her when I’m nostalgic now. 
 

We haven’t even had a tour film in forever, a documentary, a behind the scenes, any new music. She has become v. boring to be a fan of. 

Spoiler

This is why katy's smile and teenage dream outstream chromatica and TFM... her fans are not engaging

I guess the more it is like this the more the goals for Gaga and fans will be different and the chasm gets bigger  - LFS compared to C2C debuts was the sign of that 

:ryan3:

I agree with the user above. There's just nothing exciting other than her collaborating with 60+ year old's. Now, don't get me wrong - it's amazing she keeps working with these legends and shows how everyone respects her as an artist, but to us fans it's not something to hold on for forever.

 

One of the reasons Taylor is constantly charting with her albums is her clear passion for every project she puts out, all the easter eggs, videos, multiple vynils, tour film etc.

I'm not saying everyone can pull it off like her, but you would expect that someone as creative as Gaga could pull off something similar. 

I do wonder how the next era will look like. Chromatica was short, but we were in the pandemic. If the next era is just an album drop with 1-2 single than I'm not sure what her long-term plan with music is. 

 

I personally am not a fan of her make-up brand, as a male fan. Her movie career is exciting, you can see the passion there, but she doesn't do it as frequently either.

 

I do think her focus is all over the place with these side projects, and it obviously affects her music output and fanbase too.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is why katy's smile and teenage dream outstream chromatica and TFM... her fans are not engaging

I guess the more it is like this the more the goals for Gaga and fans will be different and the chasm gets bigger  - LFS compared to C2C debuts was the sign of that 

:ryan3:

Where’s the context? 
C2C had a massive promo campaign. LFS’s release was rushed because of Tony’s health. 

Also, Chromatica has a billion total streams over Smile. Getting worked up because Smile is getting 200,000 more daily streams is pointless (and that’s only because Harley’s in Hawaii is semi viral, it is not sustainable and the daily streams will eventually drop) 

6 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Watch it be a ballad :eli:

 

I want TEA, I feel like it's going to be camp based off the lyrics we've got lol

also justice for Temple, that Taylor Kidney inspired cvnty track needs to see the light of day

 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

I will never understand fans wanting her to release something new for an era that broke her totally 

I don't know why fans think she's so traumatized and hurt by the idea acknowledging ARTPOP. She's gone or record many times praising the album, and talks about her emotional/mental struggles every release. 

 

 

Ignore the caption, I wish it were true :gaygacat6:

7 minutes ago, POPTART said:

 

One of the reasons Taylor is constantly charting with her albums is her clear passion for every project she puts out, all the easter eggs, videos, multiple vynils, tour film etc.

PASSION?! :deadbanana4:
 

Some how you’re confusing success for passion. Chromatica was obviously more creative and had more passion than Taylor’s rereleases and her last studio album 

 

Multiple vinyls with covers of Taylor laying on the floor in different positions is not passion. Tour films have always been an easy cash grab (for most artists, Gaga makes it difficult because she wants to edit it herself) 

 

Taylor is always charting because she is a marketing genius and has hit a gold mind of mass consumption. Has nothing to do with passion or lack of passion 

18 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Where’s the context? 
C2C had a massive promo campaign. LFS’s release was rushed because of Tony’s health. 

Also, Chromatica has a billion total streams over Smile. Getting worked up because Smile is getting 200,000 more daily streams is pointless (and that’s only because Harley’s in Hawaii is semi viral, it is not sustainable and the daily streams will eventually drop) 

Multiple monsters are saying they have not streamed her last year and they are unahppy with her. :celestial3:

 

Both NRO/Harleys outstream SL/ROM (over 20 page on thread on this last week) and Gaga is the one that has the fanbase... i cant see her releasing a Joanne album now and it getting the same support that it did post-ARTPOP. 

 

She had a better relationshup with fans and we understood her more during the mess artpop rather than chroma which is crazy tbh

 

So she does need her fans

:ryan3:

Edited by Mr. Stratus

Almost 3.5 years since her last album.. Feels like forever.. hoping November brings something.. like artpop anniversary special or smth. Sacrificing 3 precious years of her 30s for a movie like Joker which might bomb critically or commercially in the end seems a bit too much for a fan. 

Wish she has even 1 percent of the passion that Taylor Swift shows towards her music career. 

She has practically disappeared from music. Every era since ARTPOP has been so bizarre. Quick videos. Zero promo. Zero fan interaction. She couldn’t even reschedule a twitter Q&A for Chromatica. The lack of enthusiasm from her has been disheartening especially compounded with the quick endorsement scams (nurtec). I used to listen to her daily, but I haven’t touched her music in like a year or more

1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I don't understand where the hell Gaga fans are if they're not streaming her music, its ridiculous :toofunny3:

 

and then people in here complain she isn't doing things they like, well no sh*t where's the benefit

:ryan3:

I'm a huge fan but I have no reason to stream her music constantly. Everything past 2011 is subpar and everything before 2011 is too old at this point. Eventually, you get bored of old music. 

5 hours ago, Album Leak said:

What era hasn't broken Gaga in some ways? 

 

She broke her hip during BTW.

She cancelled the tour because of fibro during Joanne, and just a moment ago in this thread people talked about how she wasn't fully there during the tour.

Chromatica had every plan go to **** with Covid, BLM protests and the SAG strike is just a cherry on the **** sundae, though I think it's just an excuse at this point and she didn't like the tour footage. And the fact that the entire of process of recording Chromatica seemed to be a **** show and she was going through heavy ****, and needed to be dragged to the studio to record it.

 

At this point, what era has gone so smoothly and wonderfully that Gaga is able to celebrate it years down the road? Now I know ARTPOP is definitely the worst offender, I know that, but at least the fans seem to absolutely love that record and it has formed a cult following. And sometimes, I think it's good to show appreciation to your fans by celebrating your career and your albums, and releasing new content for them to enjoy, no matter how you might've felt about certain albums.

 

 

This. Even Joanne broke her. I remember her beats interview durng the chromatica era and she basically said she just tried to heal her father for that album. I'm sure she still appreciates songs like Million Reasons, Angel Down and Joanne but I think the era as a whole left a bad taste in her mouth when her father reverted to his usual ways and her bad fibro flare up during the tour left the era on a bad note. I also think it's very telling she didn't include any looks from the Joanne era on her Vogue video. I'm hoping for LG7 she is in a much better headspace. She should stop trying to please her fans, her father and the general public. She should do what SHE wants to do. 

4 minutes ago, Jake Frank said:

 

I think the fact that there were no reshoots is a really good sign.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Multiple monsters are saying they have not streamed her last year and they are unahppy with her. :celestial3:

 

Both NRO/Harleys outstream SL/ROM (over 20 page on thread on this last week) and Gaga is the one that has the fanbase... i cant see her releasing a Joanne album now and it getting the same support that it did post-ARTPOP. 

 

She had a better relationshup with fans and we understood her more during the mess artpop rather than chroma which is crazy tbh

 

So she does need her fans

:ryan3:

Wow, anecdotally a few fans on a pop forum say that they don’t stream Gaga’s music. She’s done. She should cancel JFAD and retire. Maybe Katy will let her guest judge on American Idol next season for some extra cash. But Katy is much more successful since her last album had 200,000 more daily streams than Gaga’s last album, so Katy probably feels above working with someone so below her. 
 

22 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

PASSION?! :deadbanana4:
 

Some how you’re confusing success for passion. Chromatica was obviously more creative and had more passion than Taylor’s rereleases and her last studio album 

 

Multiple vinyls with covers of Taylor laying on the floor in different positions is not passion. Tour films have always been an easy cash grab (for most artists, Gaga makes it difficult because she wants to edit it herself) 

 

Taylor is always charting because she is a marketing genius and has hit a gold mind of mass consumption. Has nothing to do with passion or lack of passion 

This is so wrong in so many ways lol. Taylor is literally all about the music. Creating music, releasing music. She loves performing. She's not afraid of going on tour. She releases as many videos are necessary for her albums. Heck, she even releases videos for her re-recoding albums. She just released All Too Well, a 10-minute-long song with heartbreaking lyrics, and performed it multiple times. She's not afraid of doing promo. There's literally no passion behind Chromatica. Gaga never talked about the era, she never discussed the meaning of the songs. It is clear is was a Bloodpop passion project. 

People saying Taylor doesn’t have passion for her music and creating music… the absolute nonsense. She’s literally one of the only artists who has made a fortune solely off her music and has not done any side businesses (like makeup). She promotes and records multiple videos for each of her albums and has been rerecording all of her music and giving us unreleased songs. 
Idk why people get so pressed at her making money through music when every other artist makes money through tacky outside ventures:deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, Jake Frank said:

 

I cannot put into words how excited I am for this project. Even if it doesn't go as well as we'd like, it's still going to be interesting. We'll get months of trailers, interviews, looks, memes, reviews, predictions, box office tracking, potential awards chatter, and the actual movie itself. And I'm glad they're doing something that's been consistently described as risky, different, ect. because I feel like so many "blockbuster" movies have been so paint-by-the-numbers as of late, and the box office reflects that. One of many reasons that Barbenheimer such such a moment was because neither movie looked like your typical four-quadrant blockbuster on paper. This has the potential to really be an event.

 

We also have the benefit of knowing way less about the plot than we did her previous two movie projects (with HOG being based off of a true story and ASIB being a remake). Sorry if I'm rambling; I'm just hyped :bounce:

 

Also: Happy Halloween to those who celebrate :gaycat1:

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

She has practically disappeared from music. Every era since ARTPOP has been so bizarre. Quick videos. Zero promo. Zero fan interaction. She couldn’t even reschedule a twitter Q&A for Chromatica. The lack of enthusiasm from her has been disheartening especially compounded with the quick endorsement scams (nurtec). I used to listen to her daily, but I haven’t touched her music in like a year or more

I agree but she was still herself and very passionate about music during the Joanne era. The drive was definitely there. You can tell she was in her element and enjoyed being a musician.

giphy.giftumblr_ohqxpyVZDr1qby767o1_500.gif74da69aaf21260691d6a181e8d75d340.giftumblr_oudr7qLVSG1qepknto3_540.gif

 

I think the JWT cancelation shifted her focus to other ventures and it happened at a convenient time since her debut lead role was happening that same year. 2018 was really the year where she changed. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.