Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sure, but Applause didn't leave a lasting impact like Born This Way, or really do enough to stay in public consciousness. It's not a Gaga song that gets referenced a lot. A song like Sexxx Dreams or Aura might've performed the same of worse commercially, but probably would've become more of a favorite among pop fans.

I think it’s still a signature gaga hit but the difference with her bigger singles is that they’re not just her signature hits they’re actually signature pop songs.

Having Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Born This Way and The Edge of Glory in one artists discography is completely legendary because these are all signature pieces of the pop genre overall. 

I think holding her other singles to the same standards as these ones is unfair because her streak of landing these was incredible in the first place.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 164.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

It might’ve become a Halloween staple though. I must say that even back in 2011/2012 BM was a song that my friends and family liked whenever I played it. 

SAME.. 

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

Next week?

4344714897_777bc1f07b_w.jpg

50 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sure, but Applause didn't leave a lasting impact like Born This Way, or really do enough to stay in public consciousness. It's not a Gaga song that gets referenced a lot. A song like Sexxx Dreams or Aura might've performed the same of worse commercially, but probably would've become more of a favorite among pop fans.

You're kinda wrong on this one, sis. 

Maybe it wasn’t 5 years ago, but it's classic now. :bird:

• Like 1

Applause has been a classic and a bop since day #1. Whenever I put it on at parties, no matter who is there, everybody goes crazy for it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

You're kinda wrong on this one, sis. 

Maybe it wasn’t 5 years ago, but it's classic now. :bird:

You know the reason they're excited about applause playing is not because of the song but because it's the last song that plays before Taylor starts starts the show lol

• Thumbs Down 1

Why do I feel like SSOH will be a ******* serve?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

You know the reason they're excited about applause playing is not because of the song but because it's the last song that plays before Taylor starts starts the show lol

Lol I know. And after that it's You Don't Own Me. I'm going to the concert. 

Still true tho. Some of you need to RESPECT her catalogue. 

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

From the video it looks like they enjoy the song and know the lyrics. And at the end of the day, its contributing to the song's legacy and longevity :gaycat:

Applause is a great song, let's not

Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, Venus and whatever song you wanted as ARTPOP singles would have tanked

Applause was the only one that made sense as the lead single

• Thanks 8

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Why do I feel like SSOH will be a ******* serve?

Because rockGa is the ultimate Gags form and we are not ready for the gospel rock serve created by LEGENDS ONLY :WAP: 

I hope this whole Oscar host thing is just media trying to get clicks, because I most certainly do not want her getting that job. 

Yes, she could potentially do a great job, but the Oscars are too uptight and thus force hosts to certain limits and Gaga would for sure not want to push them. So maybe the musical numbers would be great but the monologues would probably fall flat.

We know she can work a crowd, her Jazz shows are proof of that, but there she's free to do whatever she wants and say whatever she wants. 

• Like 1

September 20th

xHV7myA.jpgliWhxof.jpgFFxfkjw.jpg

rOH6zxS.jpgVsHtsSf.jpgw34iMHz.jpgLFKInfj.jpgLGgogf2.jpg4st7044.jpg

KFdZdTP.jpgOiD5MGQ.jpg

0uR0bTz.jpg6PKEoUN.jpgDaLfouC.jpga6nmkP2.jpg

xR4ZQRj.jpgWSqDG1R.jpg9cvtxYN.jpg07ViaHh.jpgIUGXIkI.jpg48YQXEO.jpgbobsZwi.jpgn0S3REz.jpgDz1Dk5P.jpgApNBHgm.jpg

qQF5C8d.jpgsst7gFl.jpgZ7z2nnW.jpgrNYIDal.jpgGveiI7a.jpgnu8A6Ea.jpgMz8Mr1d.jpgbcvK4Ml.jpg93dalIL.jpgRQrRtqP.jpgav5QHe2.jpgSrNnwRk.jpgvY4NZ3m.jpgfx3aRAw.jpgknBr5EV.jpgmmwFJ0x.jpgGJK0Q8w.jpgnCBLOru.jpgwyk2F7X.jpgMctZ8NP.jpg

oPomw8W.jpgN9Il0Lk.jpgmtdDc4e.jpg

5u0buyR.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

I hope this whole Oscar host thing is just media trying to get clicks, because I most certainly do not want her getting that job. 

Yes, she could potentially do a great job, but the Oscars are too uptight and thus force hosts to certain limits and Gaga would for sure not want to push them. So maybe the musical numbers would be great but the monologues would probably fall flat.

We know she can work a crowd, her Jazz shows are proof of that, but there she's free to do whatever she wants and say whatever she wants. 

Yeah, the idea doesn’t appeal to me at all. It’s a thankless job, and hosts are usually panned. 

3 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

I like the cover!

give us the rock anthem that we deserve mother:ghostface:

Applause was the best choice for the ARTPOP lead single. The only other smash on the album was DWUW but we all know that ended up :skull:

4 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

Applause was the best choice for the ARTPOP lead single. The only other smash on the album was DWUW but we all know that ended up :skull:

I don’t think we should always focus on which songs are most “commercial” because that can be misleading. Singles are also chosen to showcase an album from various angles. 

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t think we should always focus on which songs are most “commercial” because that can be misleading. Singles are also chosen to showcase an album from various angles. 

Singles are meant to showcase the album but also to attract people into it and sell it. Promo singles are the way to showcase an album from various angles (see Venus and Dope for ARTPOP but also see Doja's latest era) :giraffe:

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

Applause is a great song, let's not

Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, Venus and whatever song you wanted as ARTPOP singles would have tanked

Applause was the only one that made sense as the lead single

Same with Aura. Some liddos swear a song like that would have smashed. :deadvision:

Applause was a very smart lead and a very successful hit. It's actually kind of weird that she doesn't perform it as often anymore. It deserved a spot on the Chromatica Ball.

iBBIYKN.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

The song still didn’t have the kind of staying power in the public consciousness like other 2013 hits like Roar or Wrecking Ball. 

What in the cognitive dissonance is going on girl, this was literally you on the last page tf?? 

30q1jt.png?a470856

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
  • Haha 3

Applause was not this huge hit that liddos make it out to be. It’s performance was considered underwhelming at the time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.