• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

c4f9ead90ad31efab5684c3929faf7ab.gif

Mariah Carey for Patti Label @Opulent

Vocally insane and there’s a reason why Ms. Patti stood up too. Very strong submission, and during my birth year. My impact.

Madonna for Madonna @CBC

This has got to be the most arrogant, self absorbed thing ever. But I can understand, if youre Madonna, who else would you be? The song is absolutely garbage and truthfully everyone was laughing AT them, not with them. Also, this is not a tribute.

HAIM for Fleetwood Mac @Overprotected

Color me black, because I dont like this at all. A lot of noise and a sea of YT people. The girls look high off their mind.

Grace Jones for Luciano Pavarotti @Samsom

This is not a tribute, this is singing next to someone. At least she sounded good.

Ariana Grande for Whitney Houston @DevonRoars

Now this is a tribute, but Ariana’s voice isnt hasty enough for Queen of the Night. That is a personal choice by me, but you won’t suffer for it. Good submission.

Beyonce for Motown @Not Like The Movies

HUH? Girl, this is not a tribute. You should have done photoshoot and send something from Lemonade. This is not a tribute to anyone my love.

Is that judge slow??

listen is literally a song from a movie paying homage/tribute to motown @dweebz

please fire this uneducated judge! because this is really unfair! a homage isn't only to a person! please get your judge together @TruGemini

the challenge prompt: 

"This can be to a style, an artist, a video, a period of history, a film,

Edited by Not Like The Movies

9 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Is that judge slow??

listen is literally a song from a movie paying homage/tribute to motown @dweebz

please fire this uneducated judge! because this is really unfair! a homage isn't only to a person! please get your judge together @TruGemini

the challenge prompt: 

"This can be to a style, an artist, a video, a period of history, a film,

oop, its still bad I fear.

ezgif.com-resize-2.thumb.gif.d3b176acdbe

Edited by dweebz

24 minutes ago, dweebz said:

oop, its still bad I fear.

ezgif.com-resize-2.thumb.gif.d3b176acdbe

girl bye, you are so...

anyways. 

i would have done performance but i cannot find a good quality video of Katy's 2009 MTV EMA opening performance 

FASHION / YVESS

Gorgeous.gif

ZENDAYA / @99sandthe2000s
This is perfection! I love it! The details in this shoot are so accurate and your caption is *chef's kiss*

KYLIE MINOGUE / @Psycho
She looks so hot in this photo, Iove the caption too but I guess I am just looking for more of a specific icon for her to pay some homage to. But that's just me nitpicking.

BLACKPINK / @M a n o b a n
Wow, one of my fave singles and mvs from this girl group. I love the styling and your caption really encapsulates what the girls are trying to showcase in that photo. I'd love to think they are paying homage to 2NE1 tho so maybe if you mentioned them, then i will fangirl to the nth level this entry. But that's just me nitpicking.

BEBE REXHA / @Luckitty
The scream I let out when I saw this photo. This is fun but im not really in love with this entry compared to the other ones.

KATY PERRY / @touya kinomoto
I LOVE THIS! Katy and Britney also had a long string of great bops and big hits so this tribute is really making great sense in my fantasy. Great job!

CHARLIZE THERON / @beatinglikeadrum
This is kinda cute and the resemblance is there.

AZEALIA BANKS / @Thanatos
Hey, Queen! Girl, you have done it again, constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised but I know who you are. I’ve seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud, and I love you,

Spoiler

Edited by Yvess

the fashion category is hard to decide on so I just ranked them with a heavy heart. will share it when results came out. the fashion girls slayed :jonny:

I don’t stand with Not Like The ******* because sis trashed me on this round's Color Game and she deserves it 

#IStandWithDweebz #FireFloponce

Edited by Samsom

As a contestant in the CG, #IStandWithNLTM

Spoiler

However getting rid of Beyonce would be great since she's huge competition :sistrens:

5 hours ago, Thanatos said:

As a contestant in the CG, #IStandWithNLTM

Hide contents

However getting rid of Beyonce would be great since she's huge competition :sistrens:

Spoiler

plssss you said

Ms Hillary, The song is good and video is good BUT Chile I seen the the belly dancing and harem but the rest of the video did not support your claims . Like another women snatch up her guy. Then her dancing on the other guy during the party

Ms Cardi B & Mr Mars, This  video is  really good . You can definitely see the in living color homeage through this as well as the vibes of the 90s it’s very playful just like the television show

Ms Lana and Dr ASAP Rocky, Oh wow it felt like an entire TV show in 7 minutes, lowkey wanted a part two . It’s very cute and original of them both. I love the old vibes and the filter they used as well 

U1AU45j.jpg

The judges have decided who has risen to the top and who has sank into the elimination pool Let's begin.

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom  @Opulent@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho @beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan

For the category of Music Video, there were only three entrants, @Speezyhas declared the sole winner as...

Spoiler

elIILW9.gif

Congrats Lana, your JFK homage shot you up to the winners circle! You have won safety for the round and an advantage in the game, please check your PM momentarily for more information.

For this category, there was only one person that will be sent into the bottom, and that person is...

Spoiler

6R3k4QC.gif

Hillary, unfortunately your cultural homage was not enough to keep you safe. You will be seeing the elimination pool this round.

For the category of Fashion, @Yvess has declared the two winners as...

Spoiler

E71ATwy.gif LDiE3X0.gif

Congrats Azealia and Zendaya on securing yourselves a back to back win with your entries! You have both received an advantage and safety for the round!

Please check your PM's momentarily for more information.

Not all of your fashion homages hit the mark, the two going into the elimination pool are...

Spoiler

zpG5rIk.gif  hAwOwms.gif

Bebe, Charlize, you both unfortunately have landed yourselves into the bottom. 

You will both be entered into the elimination pool.

Lastly, for the category of Live Performance, @dweebz has declared the winner as...

Spoiler

PJ73YIA.gif LTMCWbN.gif

Mariah, Ariana, your homage entries have earned you both safety in the game and an advantage! Congratulations. Please check your PM's momentarily for more information.

As far as the bottom of the Live Performance category, they are...

Spoiler

vWWXnv2.gif yHY30JA.gif

I'm sorry, but your entries have sank you down to the bottom of your category. 

You both are now in the elimination pool.

With that, the contestants up for elimination are...

1. Hillary Duff

2. Bebe Rexha

3. Charlize Theron

4. Grace Jones

5. Madonna

However, this could ALL change with advantages.

Advantage Holders, you have 6 hours to choose whether you'd like to use your advantages or not. 

To ensure everyone is able to vote within an appropriate time frame, the voting polls will not be open until 1/20 at around 2PM, from that point, you will have 24 hours to vote. 

Edited by TruGemini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.