Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

HDD: Dynamite 9.8M+ Spotify streams and counting

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

???? they're barely top100 on AM

 

11 minutes ago, fentypark said:

exactly.. seems a bit fraudulent to me :fan:

Maybe because Spotify is free and you don’t have to pay like AM which is dominated by rap music?

15 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Their fans are very organized. I wouldn't be surprised if every BTS fan in the world was using a VPN to make it count towards the US

I don’t think so. Why aren’t they streaming on AM?

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

I don’t think so. Why aren’t they streaming on AM?

It's at #63 on AM. Plus isn't Spotify bigger literally everywhere else in the world. It would make sense for them to focus on that

10 minutes ago, drmkng said:

OMG HAHAHA HATERS ARE LOSING IT AGAIN

imagine how tired we are of "but gp doesn't know them" statement.

i was kind of getting at the fact they don’t have the traditional means that most western acts benefit from when they break these records - airplay, wide playlisting and much greater appeal to casual listeners. 

 

imagine if one day an act grew a similar fan base and still had the gp interest as well in addition. the first day numbers could be so much higher than anyone thought possible. 

 

but also the gp literally don’t know them. :sorry: 

14 minutes ago, TheSoneNavy said:

 

Maybe because Spotify is free and you don’t have to pay like AM which is dominated by rap music?

 

13 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

I don’t think so. Why aren’t they streaming on AM?

 

11 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

It's at #63 on AM. Plus isn't Spotify bigger literally everywhere else in the world. It would make sense for them to focus on that

They focus on Spotify because it shows the number of streams. If AM showed, they also would stream there.

Not the Apple Music argument :rip: I guess people in the US really are that self absorbed because spotify is the dominant steaming service WORLDWIDE, outside of the US. Apple Music is only bigger within the US and that’s it 

US army is on fire. I'm not sure why some are doubting they sell out US stadiums.

 

Anyway, we are out of school or out of work due to COVID, so I'm not surprised by the numbers. It ain't like we have anything else to do :cm:

Edited by frenchyisback

7 minutes ago, Scarface said:

 

 

They focus on Spotify because it shows the number of streams. If AM showed, they also would stream there.

This too :clap3:

5 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

Not the Apple Music argument :rip: I guess people in the US really are that self absorbed because spotify is the dominant steaming service WORLDWIDE, outside of the US. Apple Music is only bigger within the US and that’s it 

The US is the biggest market for music though NeedyAssuredDevilfish-size_restricted.gi

3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

The US is the biggest market for music though NeedyAssuredDevilfish-size_restricted.gi

Ok and....? How does that take away from the fact that them beating the WW spotify record? They’re still going to debut at #1 in the US anyways

8 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

US army is on fire. I'm not sure why some are doubting they sell out US stadiums.

 

Anyway, we are out of school or out of work due to COVID, so I'm not surprised by the numbers. It ain't like we have anything else to do :cm:

The Xenophobia in here disgusting 

3 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

They’re still going to debut at #1 in the US anyways

More like #7 

Just when we thought Maroon 5 was finally flopping with their last single, we get a Korean version of a Maroon 5 reject smashing. This is just insufferable. 

I wish I liked the song or at least the vocals so I could celebrate too :priceless:

 

good for them tho

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Their fans are very organized. I wouldn't be surprised if every BTS fan in the world was using a VPN to make it count towards the US

But Billboard didn’t count those VPN streaming.


and their last (first week) streaming numbers in US are decent.

I think it was expected to be big, since it's an english single with a full push from a western label, and BTS is the biggest act in the world.

Edited by ashenv

The fact these numbers are from their fans 'cause the GP don't care about them. It's really amazing, but I can't understand it :deadbanana4:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.