Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

8 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Tbh, a Rate for Charity songs would be interesting :dies:

We are the World, All Star Tribute :jonny: etc

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I think we did this! It's how I discovered this masterpiece:

Yes I remember this rate. It was hosted by @downbywednesday who was also hosting the Robbie Williams Singles Rate that was never finished before disappearing. I hope they are ok. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, supaspaz said:

Tasty is part of my rate with Aaliyah and Aphrodisiac that I've been planning to host for about seven years.

oh im in there

i also don't want to resurface the Frank. Miguel and The Weeknd rate. Like at this pint whats the point. The Weeknds a pop megastar and the stans will ruin it. We can circle back with that.

I'd be ready for the new wave of r&b after spring break though.

19 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

ACTUALLY.

Did you ever finish THIS WAS 2000? If not, you know what I'm going to suggest....

Jill/PJ/Erykah/Sade or Nelly F/Madonna, Britney, or Kylie for 2000 MAKES THE WOMAN!

And then.... Beth Orton/Utada Hikaru/Macy Gray/Faith Hill or Shelby Lynne/J. Lo OR Geri Halliwell for 1999 MAKES THE WOMAN!

And I can also see a 99-00 girl group/girl band roundup! TWoTW/Fanmail/Fly (1999) v. Saints and Sinners/All Hands on the Bad One/One Touch (2000)!

PS your 2003 is missing Neko!

I like some of these ideas. :duca:

3 hours ago, MP2K said:

i also don't want to resurface the Frank. Miguel and The Weeknd rate. Like at this pint whats the point. The Weeknds a pop megastar and the stans will ruin it. We can circle back with that.

I'd be ready for the new wave of r&b after spring break though.

If you do one tag me lol

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, 305 said:

I would like to host a "party girls" rate which includes Kesha, Charli, Tove, and Miley 

9kgn.gif

This will... interfere with my Ultimate Other Girl rate series...

Spoiler

they're all a part of it.

... so I have to turn this down. You understand, no?

11 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

As a massive Beyonce fan, Run The World almost ran her career down the drain.

18 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I think we did this! It's how I discovered this masterpiece:

15 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Yes I remember this rate. It was hosted by @downbywednesday who was also hosting the Robbie Williams Singles Rate that was never finished before disappearing. I hope they are ok. 

awh damn :noparty:

42 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

This will... interfere with my Ultimate Other Girl rate series...

Hide contents

they're all a part of it.

... so I have to turn this down. You understand, no?

No. I don't.

I tried looking for rules and didn't see them anywhere.

jWDwClI.gif

On 3/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Ace Reject said:

What is your rate again? A disco? An essentials?

hello. i've been waiting to get my approval. i had a thread last summer. someone closed it down. the results are ready. Day 1 of my results got shut down in the middle. Please give me approval so i can host my rate and give the 43 ATRL members who participated their results.

This didn't happen with my Selena Gomez rate. How many days do I have to wait in order to get approval?

Edited by selena_lavigne

Would anyone be interested in me doing a 2010s rate? Basically biggest+acclaimed songs from 2010-2020? 

1 hour ago, TMRA said:

How do i get permission to do an ULTIMATE 2010s hits rate

Its actually been done before just last year! 

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

Its actually been done before just last year! 

Ohhhh okay then!!:heart2:

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

hello. i've been waiting to get my approval. i had a thread last summer. someone closed it down. the results are ready. Day 1 of my results got shut down in the middle. Please give me approval so i can host my rate and give the 43 ATRL members who participated their results.

This didn't happen with my Selena Gomez rate. How many days do I have to wait in order to get approval?

It was closed because it was never approved in the first place.  You decided on your own you would reopen it would approval from me. Or @supaspaz. Or @Juanny. Or anyone.

Your rate will be reopened today. In the future, you have to ask in this thread.

• ATRL Moderator

Since we’ve taken so long with 2020 rates, I Want then to go as follows:

This Was 2020 Part 2 - All Black Everything: Chloe x Halle/Thundercat/Bartees Strange/Sault/Freddie Gibbs and Madlib

TW2020 Part 3 - Charli XCX/Bob Dylan/Waxahatchee/Grimes/Bad Bunny

This Was 2020 POP: After Hours/positions/evermore/Rare/Changes

Who’s in to host?

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

TW2020 Part 3 - Charli XCX/Bob Dylan/Waxahatchee/Grimes/Bad Bunny

Charli XCX vs. Bob Dylan. The yelp I just let out.

Disco Revival of 2020

Winner: What's Your Pleasure?

@Ace Reject Hey. I was asking if you can maybe pin the #2 Singles Rate up in the base.

I have an idea for a Rate for the 20th anniversary for Lady Marmalade but would rather not be the person to host it.

Well have Christina Aguilera, Lil‘Kim, Mya, P!nk and Missy Elliott in the rate and pick their 3 or 4 biggest singles and have them compete against each other with the exception of Lady Marmalade being included obviously.

What do you think?:matty:

• ATRL Moderator

rate idea (that might flop)

gay 80s synth pop - rating the 80s singles of bronski beat, erasure, pet shop boys, dead or alive, and soft cell?

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, P!nk Forever said:

I have an idea for a Rate for the 20th anniversary for Lady Marmalade but would rather not be the person to host it.

Well have Christina Aguilera, Lil‘Kim, Mya, P!nk and Missy Elliott in the rate and pick their 3 or 4 biggest singles and have them compete against each other with the exception of Lady Marmalade being included obviously.

What do you think?:matty:

Hmm. I would hone in on the years 2000 - 2003, since LM happened in 2001. Pick five singles from those years from all the women and you've got yourself something!

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

rate idea (that might flop)

gay 80s synth pop - rating the 80s singles of bronski beat, erasure, pet shop boys, dead or alive, and soft cell?

I would cut out the synth pop part and just have it be based on out queer musicians of the 80s - that way you'd get Culture Club and B-52s too!

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Hmm. I would hone in on the years 2000 - 2003, since LM happened in 2001. Pick five singles from those years from all the women and you've got yourself something!

I would cut out the synth pop part and just have it be based on out queer musicians of the 80s - that way you'd get Culture Club and B-52s too!

hmmm

ok im here for this, im going to give miss george some 2s and 3s though, please dont be offended!

what about george? i dont really feel like he fits for various reasons.  also since its 80s, its kinda awk cuz some of them have their signature songs in the first 2-3 songs of the 90s?  can i do it after 1995?  also sucks that we can't rate rock lobster but that would obviously win, so this way its more competitive.  also... sylvester? luther vandross? 

Edited by Madame X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.