Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Madame X said:

so were not getting a janet discog rate? :noparty:

@Auburn is doing it after the Whitney rate ends. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

@Auburn is doing it after the Whitney rate ends. 

ok :duca: 

I was planning to get the janet rate up this weekend or next week now that Madge has ended :katie2:

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/27/2021 at 9:00 PM, Sanctuary said:

Alanis' Jagged Little Pill, Bjork's Post, Gwen's No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, and Garbage's s/t debut all came out in 1995 :psych:

I think we need to educate the children :hippo:

On 2/27/2021 at 9:41 PM, supaspaz said:

And Jewel's Pieces of You! We need this.

So, based on this rather amazing mashup The Hood Internet dropped today (and the fact that they ignored Jewel slslsl):

1995 Makes The Woman: Post v. To Bring You My Love v. Jagged Little Pill v. The Woman in Me v. Daydream.

Four of these albums haven't been rated! So this will be exciting!!

Also, a subsequent rate on albums by female fronted rock bands of the mid 90s - Live Through This, Tragic Kingdom, Garbage. Which Cranberries album should we use?

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

So, based on this rather amazing mashup The Hood Internet dropped today (and the fact that they ignored Jewel slslsl):

1995 Makes The Woman: Post v. To Bring You My Love v. Jagged Little Pill v. The Woman in Me v. Daydream.

Four of these albums haven't been rated! So this will be exciting!!

Also, a subsequent rate on albums by female fronted rock bands of the mid 90s - Live Through This, Tragic Kingdom, Garbage. Which Cranberries album should we use?

Poor Jewel. I guess the album didn't really hit until 1997 anyway, but it still feels wrong to leave her out.

Anyway, we need both of these! And the sellouts rate.

• ATRL Moderator

I would be willing to do a rate.  But a small low key one :keir:  Maybe the 1995 one if nobody has volunteered 

Edited by Madame X

• ATRL Moderator
On 3/3/2021 at 7:44 PM, Chaos Angel said:

What do you mean he hasn’t released anything good since? KSG is an amazing album and Ye is decent with a top tier Kanye song - Ghost Town.

Plus we have new users now and opinions have changed.

How about hosting a Jay-Z singles rate instead? I don't think we've done that ever.

• ATRL Moderator

And I'm still waiting for someone to host that Miseducation of Lauryn Hill vs. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below vs. Under Construction rate or whatever the lineup was.

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

I would be willing to do a rate.  But a small low key one :keir:  Maybe the 1995 one if nobody has volunteered 

host TW2020 part2. 

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, supaspaz said:

And I'm still waiting for someone to host that Miseducation of Lauryn Hill vs. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below vs. Under Construction rate or whatever the lineup was.

I think that rate has sadly been forgaga.

But, I mean TMoLH could be in a rate with other 1998 albums! Like The Globe Sessions/Never Say Never/Car Wheels on a Gravel Road/Believe! Would LUV that.

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

host TW2020 part2. 

1995 Makes the Woman >>>

• ATRL Moderator

What even us in tw2020 part to? RTJ? 

• ATRL Moderator

How about a Missy Elliott singles rate? Have we done that yet?

Just in general, would be great to start tackling singles rates for more legends and icons that we haven’t yet. Not everyone has time for a whole discography rate.

24 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Just in general, would be great to start tackling singles rates for more legends and icons that we haven’t yet. Not everyone has time for a whole discography rate.

That's been done before cuz I participated in it. I think One Minute Man randomly won it. 

So, the people should partake in my rate. Sooner we get it done the sooner we can do part 2 & 3.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

have we done outkast? i feel like they're hip hop but they have more fans on this site than jay-z (but honestly, a singles rate of him would be pretty fun and i know what i would root for) 

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

That's been done before cuz I participated in it. I think One Minute Man randomly won it. 

did the work it and get ur freak on stans have an all out war or something? that as a #1 is baffling 

• ATRL Moderator
56 minutes ago, Madame X said:

did the work it and get ur freak on stans have an all out war or something? that as a #1 is baffling 

Yeah, that sounds bizarre! @Ace Reject, can you confirm?

But we should definitely do an Outkast singles rate! There’s so many legends we probably haven’t touched. I remember doing ABBA, but what about Fleetwood Mac?

• ATRL Moderator

speaking of singles rates.....

aretha franklin singles rate? 

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Madame X said:

speaking of singles rates.....

aretha franklin singles rate? 

I do remember we did that one. When these rates were a little more adventurous, we went back to a bunch of legends: Cher, Donna, ABBA, etc.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, supaspaz said:

@Madame X, host 1995 Makes the Woman!

ok!  ill host whatever!  prob one of the girl led groups or 1995mtw because im more knowledge about those artists!  lmk when to start! 

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

I do remember we did that one. When these rates were a little more adventurous, we went back to a bunch of legends: Cher, Donna, ABBA, etc.

i still cringe at giving a 10 to hot stuff on the DS rate :deadbanana2: spring affair was robbed! 

• ATRL Moderator
On 3/5/2021 at 12:48 AM, supaspaz said:

How about hosting a Jay-Z singles rate instead? I don't think we've done that ever.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, Madame X said:

have we done outkast? i feel like they're hip hop but they have more fans on this site than jay-z (but honestly, a singles rate of him would be pretty fun and i know what i would root for) 

22 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Yeah, that sounds bizarre! @Ace Reject, can you confirm?

But we should definitely do an Outkast singles rate! There’s so many legends we probably haven’t touched. I remember doing ABBA, but what about Fleetwood Mac?

Singles rates. Remember the fights they used to cause! Now everyone's afraid of them it seems....

Top five singles rates I want started YESTERDAY:

Outkast

Ariana Grande

Jay-Z

The Weeknd

Fleetwood Mac

Come on people!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.