Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, Madame X said:

ok!  ill host whatever!  prob one of the girl led groups or 1995mtw because im more knowledge about those artists!  lmk when to start! 

Now if you want!

Who wants 2005 Makes The Woman: Confessions on a Dance Floor v. Extraordinary Machine v. The Breakthrough v. I Am a Bird Now v. The Emancipation of Mimi v. Arular?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Ace Reject said:

Now if you want!

Who wants 2005 Makes The Woman: Confessions on a Dance Floor v. Extraordinary Machine v. The Breakthrough v. I Am a Bird Now v. The Emancipation of Mimi v. Arular?

now?

ok give me a day or two 

• ATRL Moderator

@Ace Reject

i made the thread

questions about bonus tracks

-bjork has some super obscure ones, but i just included the japanese bonus track

-i didn't include any pj b-sides even though it was eventually re-released with 9 b-sides as part of the album.

-i didn't include any mariah remixes - also... should i add slipping away? 

that's the state of things, i dont mind accommodating if you feel differently! 

Edited by Madame X

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Now if you want!

Didn't we use Confessions on a Dance Floor in a rate with Love. Angel. Music. Baby.Breakaway and something else?

• ATRL Moderator

A rate of the Britney wannabes who never graduated off the B-list: Gotta Tell You vs. Willa Was Here vs. Hoku vs.Vitamin C vs. Christina Milian. Or maybe It Was All a Dream!

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

A rate of the Britney wannabes who never graduated off the B-list: Gotta Tell You vs. Willa Was Here vs. Hoku vs.Vitamin C vs. Christina Milian. Or maybe It Was All a Dream!

Wait, Amanda's Everybody Doesn't and Mikaila's self-titled debut are streaming on Spotify. We have to do this!

• ATRL Moderator

1985 makes the woman

hounds of love / whitney houston / promise / slave to the rhythm / ummm suzanne vega?

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Madame X said:

1985 makes the woman

hounds of love / whitney houston / promise / slave to the rhythm / ummm suzanne vega?

I like it I like it! Talk Show for the last one!

@Pop culture you just need to throw in the towel and make your ... everything rate into a Charli XCX Singles Rate. She has more than twenty at this point!

• ATRL Moderator

@Pop culture you just need to throw in the towel and make your ... everything rate into a Charli XCX Singles Rate. She has more than twenty at this point!

Instead of Suzanne? I’d were include groups can we do strawberry switchblade? Or are they too niche 

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, Madame X said:

@Ace Reject

i made the thread

questions about bonus tracks

-bjork has some super obscure ones, but i just included the japanese bonus track

-i didn't include any pj b-sides even though it was eventually re-released with 9 b-sides as part of the album.

-i didn't include any mariah remixes - also... should i add slipping away? 

that's the state of things, i dont mind accommodating if you feel differently! 

Include the Bad Boy remix AND the club mix of Fantasy, the Acapella of One Sweet Day, and the So-So Def of ABMB! Problem solved!

Leave the extra Polly Jean OUT,

1996 Makes The Woman - Sheryl Crow v. Hard Core v. Boys for Pele v. One in a Million (via YouTube, of course) v. Tidal?

What do we think?

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Instead of Suzanne? I’d were include groups can we do strawberry switchblade? Or are they too niche 

WAY Too niche - you'd be better off including Klymaxx at that rate!

Pop culture

Might as well, should I create a new thread and hide the original?

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Pop culture said:

Might as well, should I create a new thread and hide the original?

Yep!

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

WAY Too niche - you'd be better off including Klymaxx at that rate!

i'd rather them than the gogos, but i feel like gogos are a better crowd pleaser lol.  

mgith be a risk (for 1996) but faye wong? cibo matto too

• ATRL Moderator

@Ace Reject

just to claify

bad boy remix of fantasy = with ODB

club remix = the 11 minute one

so so def abmb = with da brat

a capella has two versions on spotify - is it the regular acapella or the "sweet acapella' (or is there no discernable difference) 

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Madame X said:

@Ace Reject

just to claify

bad boy remix of fantasy = with ODB

club remix = the 11 minute one

so so def abmb = with da brat

a capella has two versions on spotify - is it the regular acapella or the "sweet acapella' (or is there no discernable difference) 

Sweet acapella!

Ariana singles rate would be very fun!

what’s a rate I could host that would have clairo’s album in it! 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Madame X said:

i'd rather them than the gogos, but i feel like gogos are a better crowd pleaser lol.  

The Go-Gos are about to be Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, so let's show some respect.

• ATRL Moderator
20 hours ago, supaspaz said:

20 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Wait, Amanda's Everybody Doesn't and Mikaila's self-titled debut are streaming on Spotify. We have to do this!

Come on, @Ace Reject! We could even call it Britney Makes the Not Yet a Woman.

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

The Go-Gos are about to be Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, so let's show some respect.

oh they're great, but meeting in the ladies room is meeting in the ladies room.  

• ATRL Moderator
On 3/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, Ace Reject said:

So, based on this rather amazing mashup The Hood Internet dropped today (and the fact that they ignored Jewel slslsl):

1995 Makes The Woman: Post v. To Bring You My Love v. Jagged Little Pill v. The Woman in Me v. Daydream.

Four of these albums haven't been rated! So this will be exciting!!

Also, a subsequent rate on albums by female fronted rock bands of the mid 90s - Live Through This, Tragic Kingdom, Garbage. Which Cranberries album should we use?

Cranberries and what about cardigans - life (or the inferior one that has lovefool on it?) 

• ATRL Moderator
On 3/7/2021 at 1:23 AM, supaspaz said:

But who would participate?

• ATRL Moderator
45 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

But who would participate?

Probably the same people who participated in the UOG rate with Samantha Mumba and Willa Ford.

• ATRL Moderator

Start it up!

Has there been a rankdown done for The Supremes singles? I know there was one done for Diana a few years ago, and it would be fitting, with Mary's passing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.