Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Mýa - 'Retrospect'

Featured Replies

I'm enjoying the album a lot! But I'm understanding the discourse with just how strong the first half is and then it kinda devolves.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • livelikemusic
    livelikemusic

  • Sabandija
    Sabandija

    16 tracks but we've already heard 8.

  • Afterglow
    Afterglow

    Love Mya, genuinely a good album but omg I'd kill for another K.I.S.S.

1 hour ago, Appletree said:

Why? What should have been the lead? I tonight the song was fantastic & she looked stunning in the video

I don't really know. Walka Not A Talka sounds like Pussycat Dolls' Buttoms but I Am, Still A Woman and No Touchin' could've worked.

1 hour ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

I'm enjoying the album a lot! But I'm understanding the discourse with just how strong the first half is and then it kinda devolves.

The first 4 songs make the album so promising.

A genuinely solid album. Happuy she's back to releasing music.

3 hours ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

I'm enjoying the album a lot! But I'm understanding the discourse with just how strong the first half is and then it kinda devolves.

2 hours ago, Sabandija said:

The first 4 songs make the album so promising

I think the first 8 songs are fine then it changes. I actually just watch an interview with her & she literally just said she wanted the first part of the album to be a mix of old school & later half to be R&B. So that explains everything it was her intentions which makes the experience better .

Around the 6 min to 7 min. Listen to that whole min she explains her intentions.

Love Mya, genuinely a good album but omg I'd kill for another K.I.S.S.

I wish the whole album was more upbeat funk. Those R&B tracks ain't doing anything to me. Anytime is probably the biggest snooze. I don't even know what's going on there and why is it 5 minutes long. First half is really strong though. Especially Masterpiece.

I'm loving this—but Mya has always been my number one! It's more instant than Smoove Jones and TKO for me, and I agree that the first half (Give It To You through ASAP) is the strongest part of the set. Anytime and Just Call My Name (I love it, but it's 6 years old!) could have been cut, for sure. Face to Face leans into her cheesiest instincts (see: Paradise, Space and Time) but it's cute.

  • 1 month later...

Smoove Jones is one of the best albums ever. It's also very enjoyable, but I don't think it will age that well because the first half of the list already sounds 2010's.

On 5/18/2026 at 6:32 AM, Cosmonaut said:

Anytime and Just Call My Name (I love it, but it's 6 years old!) could have been cut, for sure. Face to Face

I don't know what she was thinking adding these 3 songs. Maybe she was scared of what the streams would look like without them. It makes no sense & in all honesty it keeps me from listening to the album too much filler.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've always been a fan of Mya and have enjoyed her indie career so much, she's such a talent and I'm just so grateful she keeps putting out bodies of work like this, she's a treasure.

  • 2 months later...

I don't get why she chose this as a single instead of Masterpiece or No Pressure.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.