Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

where should Dua Lipa head sonically?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 hours ago, vadge said:

She did everything she was capable of on Future Nostalgia

What a stupid thing to say ☠️

7 hours ago, LOTF said:

I would love for her (and just anybody in general tbh) to go more club oriented. We need quality dance music in the mainstream

Ever since experiencing the New Rules tour mix of the Radical Optimism tour, I also am thinking about this.

Additionally I just hope that if she gives us an other 11 track album that atleast 7 will be up-tempo or mid to up-tempo. As much as I love Dua. I think her discography needs a little more 'body".

90s/2000s Dance-Punk Revival, or Post-Britpop Revival. Electric guitars, loud bass and loud drums jamming. Electroclash too.

(like LCD Soundsystem, The Rapture, Klaxons, The Strokes).

Edited by Raphy

I would love for her to dab into British dance music (DnB, garage, 00s dubstep) - basically a 2020s version of Katy B's On a Mission. Or some trip hop a la KM94 or Ray of Light.

But I don't the GP is here for that and she kinda needs that next album to smash, so we can leave the experimentation for later.

Edited by Virgos Groove

2 minutes ago, Raphy said:

90s/2000s Dance-Punk Revival, or Post-Britpop Revival. Electric guitars, loud bass and loud drums jamming. Electroclash too.

(like LCD Soundsystem, The Rapture, Klaxons, The Strokes).

I get the feeling Harry will go for that sound in KATT/DO, and Dua has a collab there, so... jonny3

idk I think Dua needs a rebrand sonically. She needs to go all out and switch like Madonna would do. She needs to try something noisier.

8 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I get the feeling Harry will go for that sound in KATT/DO, and Dua has a collab there, so... jonny3

Yes I'm so excited to hear it. 90s/2000s are my favourite eras for both electronic and rock. I hope Dua does the same.

Edited by Raphy

8 hours ago, MP3 said:

Something like Prisoner/Midnight Sky, dark disco/rock would suit her well

sddefault.jpg

30 minutes ago, Solgayleo said:

I think she should aim for a trip hop vibe a la late 90s/early 2000s Madonna, Dido, etc. Would be a return to the sound of her debut a little bit. Could throw in some breakbeat/trance elements for a few uptempo songs. Working with Danny Harle again, I think they could make something really special in that vein.

I'm hear for this. 90s Trip Hop but incorporate some psychedelic rock.

remember when ballad singer Sarah McLachlan completely snapped with this in 90s. jonny

  • Author
51 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

modified debut sound, hotter than hell 2.0 moodboard

Last Dance 2.0 would obliterate I fear

  • Author

she should also hit up Snakehips see what they come up with, even Mura Masa for a change. she needs the switch I fear.

I think she's still excelling in the Dance/House/Pop lane and can't really hear her doing much outside of that wheelhouse. She's one of those acts that where it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Commit to a full disco diva and 90's powerhouse vocals over dance beats... she does it so well.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.