Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Is '143' era DOA?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 64
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kummercell
    Kummercell

    it was DBC (Dead Before Conception)

  • HausOfPunk
    HausOfPunk

    I have to hand it to Katy. I've never seen someone fumble their bag quite as effortlessly as she does. 

  • WW is far from being a bad single, let alone her worst single (hey hey hey) so stop doing the most.   She will do Ok for an artist with +15 years on the industry.

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I don't actually listen to Kiss Me More, old Kesha's music or Kims/Katy's material but me streaming an old Doja track, or an old Kesha track, or an old Marina/P!NK/Kelly track wouldn't change the fact that they all had bad experience with Dr. Luke and have come to support Kesha

 

It's not hypocrisy to support an artist that has the same views as me

Well. I don't actually care about what you support or not if we're being serious.

 

I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy there is about this whole discourse whether you feel concerned or not. You can't possibly support Dr Luke's productions because Doja was forced to work with him, and then be disgusted by Katy Perry's new song being produced by him if you were streaming the first one. :skull: 

17 hours ago, Kummercell said:

it was DBC (Dead Before Conception)

:deadbanana4:

She and her team are tone deaf and they completely fumbled what was a huge opportunity for a comeback after all the Katy nostalgia of the last few years. Make better music, honestly.

8 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Well. I don't actually care about what you support or not if we're being serious.

 

I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy there is about this whole discourse whether you feel concerned or not. You can't possibly support Dr Luke's productions because Doja was forced to work with him, and then be disgusted by Katy Perry's new song being produced by him if you were streaming the first one. :skull: 

Then what is the point of this endless back and forth? I don't actually care about Katy Perry. No hypocrisy as I already laid out my arguments to you. To reiterate, I'm not streaming Dr Luke's latest songs, but there's a difference between agreeing with (streaming, supporting financially) someone who's against him and supporting Katy's Dr Luke's world journey that she embarked on on her own decision after 16 years of knowing Kesha's struggle.

Edited by Illuminati

Just now, Illuminati said:

Then what is the point of this endless back and forth? I don't actually care about Katy Perry. No hypocrisy as I already laid out my arguments that you. To reiterate, I'm not streaming Dr Luke's latest songs, but there's a difference between agreeing with (streaming, supporting financially) someone who's against him and supporting Katy's Dr Luke's world journey that she embarked on on her own decision after 16 years of knowing Kesha's struggle.

That's on you though.

 

The person you quoted is still a 100% right when he said that Dr. Luke's productions are still being hits all around the world. Whether they won grammys or not, doesn't change the fact that his productions are being celebrated. 

 

If you chose to focus on the grammys part, then you're ignoring his point to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

That's on you though.

 

The person you quoted is still a 100% right when he said that Dr. Luke's productions are still being hits all around the world. Whether they won grammys or not, doesn't change the fact that his productions are being celebrated. 

 

If you chose to focus on the grammys part, then you're ignoring his point to begin with.

So now you finally got around to the bit that even I brought up :dies: The person I quoted was half right, and I pointed it out myself in reply to you. 

Quote

I'm not being bad faith here, you could be backing up the first part of their comment that Dr Luke has been getting hits, but for some reason this is what hit a nerve to several of you

I think Kim Petras winning a grammy with her rare non Dr Luke song only solidifies my point, as much as I disagree with her.

11 hours ago, Robyn. said:

This is true. And the whole Doja Cat situation makes people look hypocritical.

 

Because even if Doja was forced by a contract to work with him, everyone was still bopping to his productions.

How is it morally better just because Doja was restrained by a contract? :skull: 

These faux morals are whats hilarious to me. They found some loophole to not feel bad about bopping to Doja Cat's music with Luke plastered all over it :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, babyforlife said:

she should have taken note when HIH went viral, the PEOPLE want that sound from her, not this dated beat in 2024 about empowering woman :toofunny2:

This is what I was thinking. Why didn't they notice how HIH were going viral (not once but several times) and being clamored by the GP, that this was the sound Katy should've embarked on for the era…

 

I do feel like there are some bangers on the album that we all will collectively appreciate/like but it is definitely a very unfortunate way to start off the era like this. This is not single worthy, let alone, the lead. If anything, this should've just been the album opener, to set the tone. Hope they can salvage this era.

Edited by Crank_It_Up

Yeah, unless one of the singles catch up it won't make a dent.

If she doesn't scrap the entire material and put an Harleys In Hawaii/365/NRO/When I'm Gone type of album with other producers, yeah it's DOA.

All she needs is to release a good song and WW will be forgotten. She could have second single that's even better ready up her sleeve and pretend WW was a buzz track. 

Remember when ATRL used Spotify monthly listeners to claim that Katy would have a huge comeback? 

 

People are going to deny it but it just goes to show that people streaming your old catalog via nostalgia doesn't necessarily translate to current hype. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.