Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Mediocre songs that are hits.

Featured Replies

I'll start. Objectively speaking.

 

Shake it off (this one and Roar are the peak of mediocre.)

ME!  - Taylor Swift 

Roar  - Katy Perry

Born This Way - Gaga

Most of Cardi's hits. 

  • Replies 49
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Pheromosa
    Pheromosa

    Flowers

  • GreatestLoveofAll
    GreatestLoveofAll

    these redundant ass threads good heavens 

  • ME! - Taylor Swift Espresso - Sabrina Dance Monkey - Tones I Like It - Cardi B On The Floor - JLo Cant Stop The Feeling - Timberlake Roar - Katy Perry Industry Baby

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Shake it off (this one and Roar are the peak of mediocre.)

ME!  - Taylor Swift 

Roar  - Katy Perry

Born This Way - Gaga

Most of Cardi's hits. 

oh- :deadbanana4:

Easily Dance Monkey. Can't believe this **** has 3b+ streams on Spotify alone :coffee2:

15 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

I'll start. Objectively speaking.

 

Shake it off (this one and Roar are the peak of mediocre.)

ME!  - Taylor Swift 

Roar  - Katy Perry

Born This Way - Gaga

Most of Cardi's hits. 

Objectively, no.

7 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

girls like you was so cringe idk how it smashed. 

also Cardi's WORST verse :rip: 

16 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

girls like you was so cringe idk how it smashed. 

The St. Vincent remix is TEA tho, y'all should stream:

 

 

spacer.png

Edited by theoghon

Flowers, Maroon 5's singles from 2012 on, all of Sabrina Carpenter's singles, all of Selena Gomez's except for the 2017 droplets, all of Jessie J's except for Do It Like a Dude,

  • ATRL Moderator

ME! - Taylor Swift

Espresso - Sabrina

Dance Monkey - Tones

I Like It - Cardi B

On The Floor - JLo

Cant Stop The Feeling - Timberlake

Roar - Katy Perry

Industry Baby - Nas X & Jack Harlow

Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Yummy - Bieber

19 minutes ago, JO1s said:

 

This is actually a guilty pleasure 4 moi :deadbanana4:

 

spacer.png

Another 'name a song from an artist you hate + the usual punching bags' thread. How creative. :doc:

 

Not that I necessarily disagree with most examples stated here. While I don't hate them as much as others here, yeah, the likes of "Roar", "Shake It Off", "Flowers", "ME!" and "CAN'T STOP THE FEELING" are very uninspired and by-the-numbers. However, some really don't make sense for this prompt. Say what you want about "Dance Monkey", but at least it evokes a strong reaction out of you. Ditto for "Yummy", even if it leans more on second-hand embarrassment and cringe.

 

@Devin I'm really torn on your comment because while I appreciate the creativity structure-wise and the "On The Floor" mention, "I Like It", "Espresso", and "INDUSTRY BABY" don't belong in this conversation. 

 

But well, since nobody has brought it up yet, let me pick what I consider to be the prime example of successful mediocrity:

 

"As It Was" by Harry Styles

 

41 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Most of Cardi's hits. 

shocker I know, but I actually disagree here

 

her hits are well written songs, their writers did well

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Another 'name a song from an artist you hate + the usual punching bags' thread. How creative. :doc:

 

Not that I necessarily disagree with most examples stated here. While I don't hate them as much as others here, yeah, the likes of "Roar", "Shake It Off", "Flowers", "ME!" and "CAN'T STOP THE FEELING" are very uninspired and by-the-numbers. However, some really don't make sense for this prompt. Say what you want about "Dance Monkey", but at least it evokes a strong reaction out of you. Ditto for "Yummy", even if it leans more on second-hand embarrassment and cringe.

 

@Devin I'm really torn on your comment because while I appreciate the creativity structure-wise and the "On The Floor" mention, "I Like It", "Espresso", and "INDUSTRY BABY" don't belong in this conversation. 

 

But well, since nobody has brought it up yet, let me pick what I consider to be the prime example of successful mediocrity:

 

"As It Was" by Harry Styles

 

Whilst I think As It Was was not deserving of the overwhleming success it got, I don't think it's a mediocre song. It is competently made, does evoke a sense of wondrous melancholy, and I think the production is quite solid. If it had been a cute top ten hit (like Charlie Puth's Attention), I would've even considered it a guilty pleasure. The 1 billion weeks at number one on Spotify are what made it feel mediocre. It's like a student who consistently got Bs was granted the title of valedictorian for some reason. They're not dumb or unintelligent, but the quality of their work is far below the honors bestowed upon them.

4 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Whilst I think As It Was was not deserving of the overwhleming success it got, I don't think it's a mediocre song. It is competently made, does evoke a sense of wondrous melancholy, and I think the production is quite solid.

As it was is clearly more thoughtfully made than the songs they mentioned, I can't even entertain that comment :rip:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.