Normani what went wrong?

itsmee

I'm actually a bit baffled by this girl career trajectory I cant think of any artist who got as much push as she did

She was literally being hyped  by everyone and their moms, having features with massive artists, opening for Ariana Grande, working with the best of the best in the industry , having high-profile cameos 

how does one fumble all of this so badly 

maybe her being as big as Beyonce was too much to ask but she can't even reach bubbling under 

How?:deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

The discography:gaycat2:

The music wasn't GREAT (but i still think Motivation and Wild Side deserve a bit better)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you better hide before a certain normani stan sees this thread...

AfTjVjH.thumb.gif.68c0f5fd889a0fb381be24

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hasn't this conversation already been had?

1:59 was a snoozefest and the wrong single choice. She refused to listen to what us few remaining fans were asking her for

We really don't need to go over all this again 

spacer.png

• Like 2

She released a non-single worthy track as her lead. The song's no terrible, but it just didn't make sense to release it as the lead...

She's coming out with Candy Paint, which ultimately should've been the lead. She needs a better team that knows how to manage her.

• Like 1

Motivation and Wild Side were great songs and videos which lived up to the hype quality wise. 

But 1:59 was :sleep:

20 minutes ago, itsmee said:

maybe her being as big as Beyonce was too much to ask

you think

I think its cause she has barely released music since she debuted (which I can't blame her for) which has subsequently made her a meme because of how she rarely releases & it led to all of her hype dying down cause of no one being able to take her seriously and eventually not even being able to reach bubbling under ORRR Ppl just don't like 1:59, which I can't blame cause 1:59 isn't that good and she can bounce back with her next single Candy Paint

She's pretentious asf, not particularly talented and doesn't know what her core audience wants. The snoozefest she released killed the era on arrival :bibliahh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1:59 was a forgettable mess :suburban:

54 minutes ago, itsmee said:

I'm actually a bit baffled by this girl career trajectory I cant think of any artist who got as much push as she did

She was literally being hyped  by everyone and their moms, having features with massive artists, opening for Ariana Grande, working with the best of the best in the industry , having high-profile cameos 

how does one fumble all of this so badly 

maybe her being as big as Beyonce was too much to ask but she can't even reach bubbling under 

How?:deadbanana2:

Did you really log onto this website thinking, "Okay, I'll start a thread," when the answers to your questions are pretty obvious? Who said "1:59" was going to be a smash hit? Fans have stated multiple times that it's an instant-grat track for the album. It serves as an introduction, giving fans and casual listeners insight into the sound and theme she'll be exploring with Dopamine :toofunny2: 

Nobody has ever said she's going to be the next Beyoncé. In fact, most people have been hyping her up for her talent only.; she's an excellent performer and a professional dancer, with multiple awards for her dancing even before her time in 5H. Her vocal range is quite impressive, and her tone is smooth and sultry, making her perfect for both pop and R&B records.

Who cares if her instant-grat didn't chart?  It's not even a single:toofunny2: Given the racial bullying she's faced and both her parents battling cancer, she's not desperate for hits or chasing after commercial success. All she wants to do is release a cohesive body of work that she's proud of, and I know for a fact she will. So, let's wait for the official radio single Candy Paint.  I'm sure this website will be tuning in for new Normani as always.

At this point, all she needs to do is release the album, and I have faith that it will be well-received by both fans and critics alike. We're not expecting huge numbers. I'm anticipating a solid 20-30k in the first week.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Everything. She keeps on trying making the same sound work. 

She needs to try different sounds. Firstly pop

She's just boring and doesn't bring anything interesting to the table.

imo she simply isnt the woman people think she is and she certainly doesnt have the drive, hunger & desires that people think she does. 

• Like 1

No consistency in releases

Bland music 

No relatability 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

nothing

she decided not to go for the pop route and went for r&b

shes been releasing cute lil r&b bops that wont take her too far on the charts but i guess huge success is not what she wants 

• Like 1

How many times are y'all going to make the same thread?

• Like 3

Everything about her image and her music is soooo tragic

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

nothing

she decided not to go for the pop route and went for r&b

shes been releasing cute lil r&b bops that wont take her too far on the charts but i guess huge success is not what she wants 

But 1:59 is not doing well for a R&B song...

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

But 1:59 is not doing well for a R&B song...

We're aware of that; constant reminders aren't necessary, as the intentions are quite obvious :biblio: 

She was never going to be a thing, that was just twitter (as usual) overhyping an artist so much that by the time something finally dropped everyone was already bored. It's been 5 years, nobody is looking for Normani in 2024 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

She never had the talent to fill in the expectation her PR machine and herself created for her, so she ended up falling short (as expected) and becoming a caricature.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She took herself too seriously that's what happened 

she truly thought she was that girl and was to good to be promoting her stuff 

as a new artist you have to be everywhere promoting or at least that's how it was when Motivation was released 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.