ionnalee - 'CLOSE YOUR EYES'

fountain

CLOSE YOUR EYES

Today the first single from my new album is released and it's called 'Innocence of sound' along with its Swedish version 'Allting vill rinna ut i sand'. 

The album is called CLOSE YOUR EYES is a sequel to BLUE (2014). It's about how to dream in a dark time and how to be someone like me, an artist who feeds off of that ability for a living. How to get to a state of hopefulness, euphoria, sorrow in a time where the world seems less and less connected to other humans, to nature and to our future. I needed to make this album right now. How I find music, when made from the heart, still after working as an artist for 20 years, is a core element in my life. How crooked the view of music's value is now even though it's soundtracking our daily lives and can get us through the toughest of times. 

The album was made through 2023 which was a heavy year personally. People that I love are suffering, life has been really serious midst hard work and little rest, I spent a lot of time alone with my child during periods, so all awake vacant hours during the nights became a time for writing and recording as my baby has been sleeping. I've needed to get back to feeling whatever the incredible feeling I get when music is fun to make and listen to. And I did. Thanks to my community I was able to keep creating my worlds undisturbed. 

I've been more interested to explore my native language lately and with this I wrote a version of the album in Swedish called 'BLUND', both albums to be released on midsummers eve. 

sequel to her 2014 album BLUE, out on June 21st :jonny5:

also a Swedish version of the album called 'BLUND'

first single, innocence of sound:

Edited by fountain
  • Like 6

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• FlyPirate

• Curaga

• ChapelHooker

sequel to BLUE, like it was pretty obvious already lol. I'm very excited :jonny5:

I guess the Swedish version will be streaming platforms only. 

sorry for the double post but I wish she named it 'BLIND' just to follow the one word album title bounty-kin-BLUE-BLIND 

pretty sure that's what BLUND means anyway :chick3:

we won so hard I'm cryin 

• Like 1

i'm crying omfg. june 21, the sound, sequel to blue, swedish version…. MOTHER :jonnycat:

not the fanbase literally bullying her into making a BLUE sequel :coffee: Perched

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hypeeeee

YES! MOTHER IS BACK! :clap3:

So excited for this. IoS is so so good, I'm in love. :cries:

• Like 1

YESSSSSSSSS

This will be amazing, so much potential and things to explore as a Blue sequel I'm so excited

• Thanks 1

ten years after THE masterpiece no less... i could NOT believe it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyPirate said:

pretty sure that's what BLUND means anyway :chick3:

blunda (verb) in Swedish means to close eyes (they have a separate verb for that :rip:)

blund (noun) is deep sleep 

• Like 1

wow that's amazing news. didn't expect the album to be released so soon. also English and Swedish versions - our generous queen!

a sequel to BLUE :WAP: the way we won. mother is trying to cure heterosexuality with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

slay us with that album artwork, queen :coffee2:

19 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

blunda (verb) in Swedish means to close eyes (they have a separate verb for that :rip:)

blund (noun) is deep sleep 

inch resting! a friend who lived in Norway told me that blund in Norwegian is actually blind. I thought maybe in Swedish it's the same or very similar.

sequel to BLUE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

spacer.png

OMG I was hoping there would be a full album in Swedish :jonnycat:

WE STAN A LEGEND :clap3:

I cannot wait!! :sats:

ooooh she saw the streams on her last 2 albums and knew she had to give the gays what we wanted :duca: 

innocence of sound is great! I haven't checked for ionnalee since Everyone Afraid To Be Forgotten, which I loved. This new album seems promising. 

Oh wow, I never expected a full length Swedish project :jonnycat:

Blue brings me back to cold mornings blasting it in the car on the way to high school. Such a nostalgic album for me, can't wait for this :jonny:

Edited by EdgeofTeeth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.