Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

act iii a Return to R&B?

Featured Replies

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that a rock album will be Act III since the “reclaiming black genres" concept was confirmed with Act II/CC.

 

I'm personally here for an album full of DHY and I Care.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra

    The project seems to be a lot about reclaiming genres that were started or heavily influenced by black musicians but have had their contributions minimised over time, so I can see the rock album being

  • PrettyHurts
    PrettyHurts

    she can do rnb for her album after the acts 

  • Tbh Country was confirmed, Rock was assumed by us Hive members and everyone ran with it because it sounds logical as a follow-up.    I want rock or a subgenre of it with strong blues underto

It's gonna be hyperpop, get ready for Act III to be executive produced by A. G. Cook and Dylan Brady with features by Charli XCX and Ayesha Erotica. :clap3:

I would literally COLLAPSE for a TRUE R&B album.

 

y'all saying she did R&B left and right before. No she hasn't since her first album which was the only one being R&B.

 

a Beyoncé album à la Summer Walker? Would DEMOLISH.

I wish she'd come back to R&B and soul music so bad :weeps:

But let's be real it'll be or rock (more likely) or raggae

Oh hunny, it won't be a rock album, it'll be a beyonce album :ryan3:

3 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

How do we know Act III will be a studio album? I assumed it will be a visual project incorporating Act I and Act II

I mean...the Hive were already accepting the possibility of this being the case with "RENAISSANCE" last year - Act I being the album, Act II being the tour, and Act III being the visuals. But now that we know Act II is indeed another album in the trilogy, then it's safe to say Act III is a studio album as well.

Edited by Moonlight Nation

I want rock for the next one and then more r&b pop records :gaycat2: I MISS THOSE

She's been clear that the three-act project is about reclaiming Black genres, so that doesn't quite work with R&B (as act iii).

 

At the same time, the "Rock" thing is not a guarantee either and was always an educated guess that many just took and ran with (compared to Country, which was actually teased by a reputable article). 

 

I'm eager to see what it is, because if it really is Rock, her take on it will be interesting. 

 

I'm seeing a lot people bracing for more Don't Hurt Yourself and 6 Inch type tracks, but what stops it from being more Soulful Rock & Roll? Tina Turner inspired anthems. I'd gag at a We Don't Need Another Hero-like song or her own Proud Mary? The latter of which lives in the same sonic house as Why Don't You Love Me. All Rock-ish, just not in the way people seem to be anticipating. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.