Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Ben Platt - 'Honeymind'

Featured Replies

Not one of my faves getting roped into this man's career, Brandy sweetie. :rip:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • liquiddiamonds
    liquiddiamonds

    Cover gives cunty and then its a bunch of boring adult contemporary showtunes

  • Scandalous
    Scandalous

    that corny ass description though  

  • sneakyishere
    sneakyishere

    Aren’t ya’ll bored of everything having to be cunty yet? Geez

  • Author
On 5/16/2024 at 11:56 PM, Achilles. said:

Not one of my faves getting roped into this man's career, Brandy sweetie. :rip:

Rude….

 

Anyways

 

The Acclaim:

 

Slant: 4 out of 5

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/ben-platt-honeymind-album-review/amp/

 

Riff Magazine: 7 out of 10

https://riffmagazine.com/album-reviews/ben-platt-honeymind/

this whole album is so delicate and heartfelt, you can really tell how much this record means to his relationship with noah.

 

at first when honeymind was announced, I was sad that we wouldn't be getting more leave my mind/IWLYBID/imagine type songs but this sound compliments his discography SO well. I hear a lot of Fleetwood Mac influences throughout this which might be why I love it so much, but yeah this is going to be one of my albums of the year, ben has done it yet again :clap3:

 

I wish it wasn't nearly 2AM because I would have given this at least another 2 spins before bed. I love this album so damn much :chick3:

instant faves on first listen are:

 

cherry on top (of course)

need you like this (!!!!!)

before I knew you

monsters

right kind of reckless

treehouse

 

all songs are amazing though, cannot wait to dive deeper :heart2:

 

I can hear the Fleetwood Mac influences throughout the record.

 

A little bit boring, though. Not necessarily bad, just… Meh. My faves might be "Cherry On Top / Boy Who Hung the Moon / Monsters".

 

"Reverie" >>>

It's a very mellow record. I kind of prefer Reverie but this has its moments. I can see it growing on me but it's a bit samey to warrant periodic replays from me.

  • Author

This is actually nice breezy folk album that's very gay, I dig this a lot, a shoe to drop, treehouse, and monsters are standouts :clap3:

  • Author

This album is also very well written, easily Ben's best album in the lyricism department.

On 5/31/2024 at 6:50 AM, Yog said:

This album is also very well written, easily Ben's best album in the lyricism department.

no amount of lyrical growth can help overcompensate for how sonically bland and forgettable everything on this is 

Like the trees need the air

Like a river needs water
Like dad needs to learn how to cry from his daughter
Like mean girls in high school need some kind of drama
Like stars need the sky
Like a babe needs his mama

 

:WAP::WAP::WAP:

Actually enjoy this album more than I thought I would :celestial4:
My favorites so far:
- Cherry on top
- Andrew
- All American Queen
- Honeymind
- Before I knew you
- Need you like this
- Boy who hung the moon

At least this is much better than the Maya Hawke's album releasing at the same time (I like some of her old songs). Ben wins the Nepobaby-off this round :1stplace:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.