Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

16 Carriages vs. Texas Hold ’Em

Your favorite? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Your favorite?

    • 16 Carriages
      67%
    • Texas Hold ’Em
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

16 Carriages is a dream. I’d listen to nothing but Renaissance for the rest of time but having her SING like this on a studio album song is something a lot of us have wanted again for a while. It’s such a mature, fully realised version of something IASF Bey would’ve wanted to do. :jonny:

man oh man I’m gonna get dragged for this. I love Bey. Loved her every album sans IASF. IMO Ren is her best album - but neither songs are clicking with me and it’s not because they’re country. 

16 CARRIAGES actually gives me a headache because of the obnoxious  ‘drum beat’ and weird vocal melody. TEXAS HOLD ‘EM is a paint by numbers country song, but it’s definitely a lot easier on the ears. I can’t see myself listening to either of these songs again, but I hope her fans are enjoying them! :heart:

Texas Hold Em. It’s giving Glee/Kidz Bop a little bit, but not in a bad way. It’s silly fun. I somehow could almost see P!nk singing it if she recorded music in that genre. :dies:

 

16 Carriages is a really good song, but I personally find that sound sonically a bit overwhelming. Will probably mostly listen to it in the context of the album. The same thing was the case for me with Daddy Lessons.

🔲 None of them are even a 3/10 ✅ 

 

^^ that option is missing 

Texas Hold 'Em is a better single but 16 Carriages is a masterpiece. Love both songs though

Texas is single material. It’s something radio would easily eat up. It’s very digestible. I personally prefer it.


16 carriages on the other hand is a beautifully written song and tells a story (i can see a SOTY nom hopefully I'm not reaching)

Texas rn. It’s just so fun and catchy, Cuff It’s country cousin

texas hold em is amazing but 16 carriages is one of the best songs ever....  :jonnycat:

16 Carriages for sure. I think Texas would grow on me, and it's certainly fun enough/I'd be happy for it to be a hit, but I LOATHE the whistling section :rip: It's giving car commercial.

Texas Hold'em is a bit too yeehaw for me, I don't like that sound. 16 Carriages is closer to a typical Beyonce ballad and it's beautiful. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.