Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

52 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I love Houdini…

 

For those saying “I love Dua’s music but God this song SUCKS”… like, baby cakes, wdym? :rip:

 

Houdini is VERY Dua coded… it’s every bit as catchy as Don’t Start Now. I don’t really get how someone that claims to be a fan just straight up thinks it’s worse than something like Not My Problem or Good In Bed?

 

Anyways. I am rooting for this song to have a second wind… I’m sure Warner have something up their sleeve (they normally always do).

Everyone has their own personal taste.
 

I became a fan of Dua Lipa because of her unique voice. Houdini Chorus is very monotone/bland and the production is so much it drowns her vocals out. 
 

It doesn’t have that special spark for me. I don’t care about the charts I want to feel something from the music Houdini doesn’t make me feel anything. 
 

All that said Houdini has grown on me a lot and I do still support and stream! 
 

But definitely ready for the second single. 

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 740k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

“Houdini” by Dua Lipa returns to the top 50 on the Global Spotify chart at #48 (+23) with over 1.8 MILLION streams — It also re-enters the US Spotify Chart for the first time in over 10 days at #196!
 

:duca:

20 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Everyone has their own personal taste.
 

I became a fan of Dua Lipa because of her unique voice. Houdini Chorus is very monotone/bland and the production is so much it drowns her vocals out. 
 

It doesn’t have that special spark for me. I don’t care about the charts I want to feel something from the music Houdini doesn’t make me feel anything. 
 

All that said Houdini has grown on me a lot and I do still support and stream! 
 

But definitely ready for the second single. 

In terms of delivery... I think Houdini and Don't Start Now have very similar choruses.

 :clack:

 

Anyways, I get it, it is personal taste... but I think a lot of girlies are acting in bad faith given that the song (up till now) has underperformed in comparison to previous Dua singles. If this was a smasha out of the gate I think most of ATRL would be singing a different tune.

Edited by Peroxide

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

#48 (+23) Global 1,887,150

#28 (+38) UK 119,565

#196 (RE) USA 293,443

she’s not going houdini without a fight!!

 

:khalyan2:

Global Daily Top Songs Chart[28/12]:

#48[+23] - Houdini 1,887,150 (+221,743)[+13.31%]

#50[+26] - Dance The Night 1,839,261 (+215,885)[+13.30%]

 

Houdini is the fifth biggest percentage gainer today and DTN is the sixth biggest percentage gainer, among all top 200 entries without counting re-entries:clap3:

 

16 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Dance the night can **** off.

 

How many streams does the extended edit get daily

DTN is SOTY so chill :clap: 

4 hours ago, Starkboy said:

#48 (+23) Global 1,887,150

#28 (+38) UK 119,565

#196 (RE) USA 293,443

oop :eli: and once Jan 2nd hits and restarts pulling +10 spots daily then what :eli: Hitdini is made to smash

2 hours ago, halcyonday said:

DTN is SOTY so chill :clap: 

This. Dance The Night is so good, should’ve been the lead single honestly. I loved it since day 1. It has everything that Houdini lacks. Hopefully it wins a Grammy and we get an album similar to that, and “Houdini” gets the “Focus” treatment :mandown:

11 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Dua do something MOVE

I think she is on vacation in India with her family for the holidays 

So excited for January cuz obviously the era's gonna pick up and we'll probs know the album title / themes / etc :alexz:

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

So excited for January cuz obviously the era's gonna pick up and we'll probs know the album title / themes / etc :alexz:

It is an exciting time :duca: this is my first Dua Lipa ERA on ATRL

 

A friend asked me to go to her FN tour with her and I never listen to the album. I was blown away when left the concert. 

Tbh Dua deserved a break after the CONSTANT FN promo / tour... it's going to be full steam ahead once the album campaign kicks off.

2 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

This. Dance The Night is so good, should’ve been the lead single honestly. I loved it since day 1. It has everything that Houdini lacks. Hopefully it wins a Grammy and we get an album similar to that, and “Houdini” gets the “Focus” treatment :mandown:

This! Hopefully it becomes true. :giraffe: 

Honestly after seeing that Weeknd song breaking into the top 10 Global, months after the end of The Idol, anything can happen with the right push at the right hour

5 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Honestly after seeing that Weeknd song breaking into the top 10 Global, months after the end of The Idol, anything can happen with the right push at the right hour

How did the Weeknd push it?

22 minutes ago, katara said:

How did the Weeknd push it?

The playlist support was not pulled, many videos online with the scene that it was originally used, finally catching on social media (slow and steady). If they have a plan to push it more into public consciousness this January, it can have a cute global comeback. I still think performances and better social media usage could help it

 

if they have #2 ready to go then it’s best to kill it. Too good of a song to die like this tho… really weak planning from her team

Edited by liquiddiamonds

the song is not good enough to receive even more support, i still get the YouTube ads with it to promote memes with it and i never had it with any other song :rip: 

 

let's move on to the actual lead single, hopefully Levitating 3.0

Just here to say this is prob my least fav Dua single in 5+ years. I find the chorus to be so incredibly cookie cutter and done before. I love the verses and production, but she legit left the catchiest / best verse out of the standard track

 

this is no slight to Dua, she’s my FAVORITE and I can’t wait for the new album. I just know it’s gonna be great. But I barely ever listen to this at this point and have been underwhelmed by this since the start.

The fact this is actually kinda making a resurgence is a big kii :dies:

 

I was fully convinced we were delusional about #Houdinuary but here we are :dies:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.