Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

This played on a club I was today and it really goes off. Such a vibe. Can’t even imagine the bop that the extend club

mix will be.
 

:gayalipacat4:

Edited by Asherio

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

I just know that she's gonna go AWF in the choreo when the live performances begin

2 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

I just know that she's gonna go AWF in the choreo when the live performances begin

it's about time. really for the red hair flips queen :duck:

I genuinely do not understand the ‘it sounds the same’ criticism.

 

Let’s just go out on a limb here and say the entire album is still dance-pop but with psychdelic influences. Why is that labelled as a bad thing? So many artists have had relatively the same sound for their first three projects and still managed to succeed. Taylor had three pop albums in a row and they all smashed. Madonna had three dance-pop albums in a row, all smashed. Janet had three albums with New jack swing plastered across them, all smashed. And most of them were also received well critically, whether it was during their time or retrospectively.

 

I celebrate artistic reinvention like no other but lets not act as if most artists didn’t really start getting into their artistic peak later in their career. There’s still time for Dua to completely let go of dance music later in her career. 

25 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I genuinely do not understand the ‘it sounds the same’ criticism.

 

Let’s just go out on a limb here and say the entire album is still dance-pop but with psychdelic influences. Why is that labelled as a bad thing? So many artists have had relatively the same sound for their first three projects and still managed to succeed. Taylor had three pop albums in a row and they all smashed. Madonna had three dance-pop albums in a row, all smashed. Janet had three albums with New jack swing plastered across them, all smashed. And most of them were also received well critically, whether it was during their time or retrospectively.

 

I celebrate artistic reinvention like no other but lets not act as if most artists didn’t really start getting into their artistic peak later in their career. There’s still time for Dua to completely let go of dance music later in her career. 

And where exactly are the “psychedelic” elements you speak of? This is a down the middle pop song with a couple synths and a little cute guitar line at the end. And that FINE.

 

More of the same for Dua isn’t a bad thing, like you said. She found her lane. But let’s not pretend it’s anything vaguely daring or experimental. 

5 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

And where exactly are the “psychedelic” elements you speak of? This is a down the middle pop song with a couple synths and a little cute guitar line at the end. And that FINE.

 

More of the same for Dua isn’t a bad thing, like you said. She found her lane. But let’s not pretend it’s anything vaguely daring or experimental. 

This song has Tame Impala written ALL over it? The psychedelic elements are clear in the synth and guitar work, there is then also an electropop/PC element in the verses from Danny like

Anyway continental Europe and Latin America are her biggest markets by far and Houdini proved that, she needs to milk them for all its worth

 

We want Spanish, French, Portuguese and German collabs and a stadium tour in those continents 

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

This song has Tame Impala written ALL over it? The psychedelic elements are clear in the synth and guitar work, there is then also an electropop/PC element in the verses from Danny like

It’s funny because if I hadn’t seen the credits I never would have known. It’s very tame for both producers standards. Hope the rest of the project isn’t as watered down. I understand why they’d choose a very safe lead tho for sure 

I’m not a massive Dua fan but I REALLY love this… On first listen I was like “whatever” but now I’m like :WAP:  I think this is my favorite thing she’s ever done

I actually like this?

 

Reminds me of Agnes's 24 Hours.

 

:jonny4:

Now, who’s starting 2M second day rumour, it’s all over my twitter tl….:skull:

1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Recency bias starting to wear off

 

:eatpopcorn:

Sadly your annoying ass isn’t 

25 minutes ago, Rocket said:

 

L6NDL0k.gif

Two of the best songs ever making a masterpiece? We’re not surprised :jonny6:

i just can't wait for the album because this song will be lit on it 

8 hours ago, seanbworth said:

Dua isn’t actually losing Instagram followers, she’s shadowbanned for the spam deleting/un-deleting her posts. Issue should resolve soon, someone said when they used Insta on desktop it shows she has 90m although I haven’t checked that out personally.

88,561,532 as of now

she's dancing like female Troye Sivan

 

 

song is cute and definitely better than the Barbie track

Edited by CameraFlashes

5 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

Lead
Houdini > DSN

Video
Houdini > Physical

orNSAA1.gif
 

They crucified Jesus for telling the truth too girl

 

Pay the downvotes no mind 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.