Tyla - 'TYLA'

Alex

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

you say this now and we're gonna end up with a Chris Brown collab :rip: 

female artist collabs >

She was on tour with him last year,

their already friends and he has a strong foot in afrobeat s . If he wants a collab she will say yes. If that bothers you might as go now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay L

• Automatic

• Alex

• X~MoviePoP

Top Posters In This Topic

This is smart. She’s been releasing singles all year and now the latest one has taken off globally, strike while the iron is hot. Too many girls get a buzz then keep dropping these quick lil singles hoping one sticks, by the time album comes out the hype is gone. No one is expecting huge sales from her yet so she just needs to continuing growing her audience and sound. She has so much potential. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yearly releases please, we need someone new & hot to do that after Rihanna & Ariana ditched us. :monkey:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I woulda waited till january of February tbh

I don’t get waiting. Especially in  this day and age. It’s better to just put the music out into the world and let it do what it’s going to do. 

• Like 5

very smart choice but I definitely didn't see this coming as she's signed to Epic :rip: hope we get more bops like Been Thinking 

Tyla's team/label have been very smart so far. Promoting her music everywhere and getting her face in front of the GP.  Everything is going to right way for her :clap3: love to see it! She has potential for a very promising career and I know this album will be full of bops :WAP:

wait a new pop girl with a good team? sign me in 

• Like 1

excited! I hope she becomes big. She has a very pleasant voice (though her tone isn't distinct enough imo). But yeah she serves great songs in general

Such a good decision.

All I can think about is Normani though like girl… :deadbanana:

so this is why nicki delayed pf2...

• Haha 1

Smart

this is how you build a fanbase, if the album is good and serves spotify playlisting candy it will be nice for her career moving on

sometimes you just gotta keep the ball going

• Like 4

That’s smart. You don’t know if she is ever gonna get another hit as big as Water. Might as well strike while the iron is hot and the Water hype is there.

I don't think we've seen such an obvious superstar in the making since maybe Gaga? 

• Like 1

She absolutely shouldn't. A debut time is the ONLY time waiting months between singles and albums is acceptable. She needs to book another 1-2 hits then release. Water alone isn't enough. I would say have a second single prepped for January then release album early March.

Edited by Machete
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Is epic a bad label?

Yes. But sometimes bad labels can’t even get in the way of star power.

24 minutes ago, Machete said:

She absolutely shouldn't. A debut time is the ONLY time waiting months between singles and albums is acceptable. She needs to book another 1-2 hits then release. Water alone isn't enough. I would say have a second single prepped for January then release album early March.

She doesnt need to do that. It normal for the debut album to be released not long after the lead single. She likely has another single planned to drop in November anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, lovely88 said:

She doesnt need to do that. It normal for the debut album to be released not long after the lead single. She likely has another single planned to drop in November anyways. 

Yes she does. Look at successful debut albums in the streaming era. SOUR and WWAFAWDWG. Both had multiple singles push pre-released that established a fan base. Tyla releasing next month will be a bomb. There are signs of GP liking her (multiple smash TikToks on her beauty/personality/etx.) but it is not "Oh new Tyla music, I must tune in" hype yet. Getting another smash single will change that.  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.