Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Artist Whose Voice Grew On You?

Featured Replies

Which artist that has a voice for more acquired taste grew on you?

Noah Lennox would be one for me. Hated at first but love now.

 

Stream these anthems.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t understand Caroline Polachek’s voice at first but one day I saw the light

 

Mother forgave me and more importantly I forgave myself 

Edited by Attaboy

oh this is a very random one, especially for a pop forum, but Joan Baez!!

 

the first time I heard her voice was at the beginning of some sci-fi movie (damn it, can't remember the name, but it was EXCELLENT!) and I was like "ew who is this god awful singer? chill out with the damn vibrato for f*ck's sake..."

 

and then I tweeted about her voice a few years later and one of my mutuals was like "Joe!!! are you serious? she's an incredible artist, please give her another chance before talking about her that way" and I did, and I have no idea why I disliked her voice in the first place because it is stunning. I mean... for example:

queen :jonny5: I suppose she was very ahead of her time

Dua Lipa. She has this very unique, raspy voice that I didn't quite know what to think of at first, but it very much grew on me over the course of the DL1 era. 

1 hour ago, Avariko said:

Which artist that has a voice for more acquired taste grew on you?

Noah Lennox would be one for me. Hated at first but love now.

 

Stream these anthems.

 

 

 

 

who's in your avi?

Tate Mcrae. I used to find her bananis avocadis voice really annoying but her debut album made me see the light

I didnt before but now I really like Louis Tomlinson’s weak ass voice

17 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Tate Mcrae. I used to find her bananis avocadis voice really annoying but her debut album made me see the light

She sounds 80% like Camila

I couldn't stand Bebe's voice during the Hey Mama/MM&I/I Got You period but it grew on me and now i love it

Taylor Swift. For the love of everything I could not get into her and didn't even want to until she released reputa and then I was like okayyy I see you. Edgy Taylor>>>>>>

360 (at least his after he did meth voice I loved his early days voice a lot)

Lana Del Ray

Halsey

 

2 hours ago, cockatoo said:

Tate Mcrae. I used to find her bananis avocadis voice really annoying but her debut album made me see the light

This for me too 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.