K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

What's up with these sajaegi accusations against IVE? There's proof or... 

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

NCT needs to be ban in all the faces of the earth, sorry for their stans here. 

Aespa and soon to be RIIZE can at least back up their sales with hits and quality 

giphy.gif

If nct has to go, then so does riize

Edited by katyberry
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

I agree with sheeps :clap3: tour and physicals sales are what matter 
I hope they can understand now why SM  push NCT more than any female act 

giphy.gif

We shouldn’t underestimate endorsements ,especially solo CFs. Thats where idols earn the most money since they don’t need to divide the money between the members.

1 minute ago, Century said:

I'm a newjeans fan. They're up there but they haven't peaked yet and aren't even close to realizing their potential. I still believe their peak is going to make BTS and SNSD look indie. The only My I know of that don't live for newjeans are Eternium and Pluto and Pluto hardly counts as a My or a user.

Even if they hasn’t peaked yet, the marks they left are already bigger than anything Aespa did. 

6 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

NCT Seoul and NCT Jeju Island are coming next year

Hopefully we will not see any posts complaining about the push while they lack hits.
this metric doesn't matter 
giphy.gif

If the songs are as good as Perfume they can keep them coming we like them

giphy.gif

"NJ are close to reaching SNSD's and BP's impact11"

They're hot right now but let's not set up those poor girls. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

NCT Seoul and NCT Jeju Island are coming next year

Hopefully we will not see any posts complaining about the push while they lack hits.
this metric doesn't matter 
giphy.gif

NCT 127 is already NCT Soul though, since the number "127" is the longitude number of Soul

Edited by Pluto2022

Look at dives inserting newjeans because they couldn't find anything to say about IVE

• Haha 1

Just now, katyberry said:

I'm neutral on both groups but Riize could never 

henny, they just debuted with only 3 song out 

giphy.gif

Just now, katyberry said:

Look at dives inserting newjeans because they couldn't find anything to say about IVE

Nah! The difference it’s that we aren’t delusional like you. Everyone accepted that NJ are the leader of their generation except yall

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean NJ are currently hopping on the lane Aespa has been doing since like 2020

so I'm not sure what mark they are offering so far more than the group they are supposedly bigger with  

inb4 NJ Billboard and Spotify11!

giphy.gif

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

If sales and touring matter the most (which is indeed true), then why does majority of the KTRL constantly drag my fave Stray Kittens for flopping in Korea :sosad:

Because Stays keep pitting their favs against groups that are more popular in the real world. The groups those comparisons are made over ALSO have huge sales and tours.

12 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

What's up with these sajaegi accusations against IVE? There's proof or... 

Their label is known for sajaegi and back when charts were more transparent their acts would have their peak hours from 2-5am with people in their 40s-50s. IVE is huge but if you went off their digitals/streams they'd be as big/bigger than NewJeans and aespa when other metrics don't come close. 

For example: there are b-tier groups with better tour attendance than IVE, their Japanese sales despite having 2 separate releases are barely over their peers with no japanese physicals out or even Japanese distribution for their Korean albums. There's never any hard proof with any fraud claims bc it's obviously illegal but in foreign markets were sajaegiship has less power, IVE's charting ability falls off a cliff. This is despite IVE having 2 of the defining global kpop hits of 4th gen and tons of global appeal(esp for the Japanese market) too.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Century said:

Because Stays keep pitting their favs against groups that are more popular in the real world. The groups those comparisons are made over ALSO have huge sales and tours.

In the real world Stray Kids' latest Korean song has over 40m more streams than Spicy despite being released a month later

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2

IU got shook for a sec when this dropped

1 minute ago, rzal said:

In the real world Stray Kids' latest Korean song has over 40m more streams than Spicy despite being released a month later

giphy.gif

In the real world you're on every website, group chat, and app looking for angles to insert your weird hate for certain female singers from Korea and have been for years. Go try it with somebody else. We're out here whining about sour fanbases and what you do is not that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Remove all those successes and streams. What can this groups be supposedly to offer? 

Now that's the real question? no visuals doesn't count

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Century said:

Their label is known for sajaegi and back when charts were more transparent their acts would have their peak hours from 2-5am with people in their 40s-50s. IVE is huge but if you went off their digitals/streams they'd be as big/bigger than NewJeans and aespa when other metrics don't come close. 

For example: there are b-tier groups with better tour attendance than IVE, their Japanese sales despite having 2 separate releases are barely over their peers with no japanese physicals out or even Japanese distribution for their Korean albums. There's never any hard proof with any fraud claims bc it's obviously illegal but in foreign markets were sajaegiship has less power, IVE's charting ability falls off a cliff.

I won't speak on the first paragraph, cause I have never followed Starship's acts stats. Especially in previous Melon's reforms. 

But, about the second one, for me It just might mean they have casual interest that is not translating into actual hardcore fandom support. I have the impression IVE has a good fandom, but they aren't the priority of the majority of their fandom, you know? Something like being the 2nd to 4th favorite from multifans. Which happens to some acts. 

It doesn't necessarily prove their digital stats are a fraud. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Remove all those successes and streams. What can this groups be supposedly to offer? 

Now that's the real question? no visuals doesn't count

giphy.gif

Love Dive and After Like were both instant classics. IVE is big for sure but their stats are inflated and their KTRL fans are haters. Let's not lose the plot and start dragging a perfectly fine group.

giphy.gif

NewJennies are the SNSD of this generation. Aespa has the biggest 4th gen hit but it is a little overshadowed given the fact it was released in a pandemic :monkey:  The biggest hurdle they have right now is internal competition within the fandom as winter and Karina fans compete due to SM’s poor management of individual activities. Aespa has been highly sabotaged. Starship is genius with how they managed to make SISTAR rise using alternative  methods … but it only worked with them and IVE because they already had the it factor and public friendly music. Don’t underestimate older Korean’s love for disco. NMIXX is the biggest tragedy given how incredibly talented they are; they still have one more comeback to get their Gee like SNSD did. 

NJ is really that gg right now, anyone who think otherwise is delusional
but if they commit any huge mistake they will pay a higher price than Aespa
for their sake, Min Heejin need to be perfect in her job 

I don't agree that tour and physicals = better
but I agree its the safest 

looking IVE right now...  if Baddie doesn't work they will be out of any discussion about who is #2  

6 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I won't speak on the first paragraph, cause I have never followed Starship's acts stats. Especially in previous Melon's reforms. 

But, about the second one, for me It just might mean they have casual interest that is not translating into actual hardcore fandom support. I have the impression IVE has a good fandom, but they aren't the priority of the majority of their fandom, you know? Something like being the 2nd to 4th favorite from multifans. Which happens to some acts. 

It doesn't necessarily prove their digital stats are a fraud. 

spacer.png

If IVE were on the level of NewJeans or aespa their careers would look similar to the other 2 outside of a few of hit singles. It doesn't. I agree that they don't have a solid base which is why they'll fall off the second the hits stop coming. The T-ARA comparison makes itself, their fans behave in exactly the same way too. For those of us who grew up with gen 2 it's like watching history repeat bar for bar except this time the sajaegi label is propping it up.

giphy.gif

Edited by Century

NCT haters keeps coming for them every damn year but they still are SM priority over everyone in that company. 

6g34Gn2.gif

• Like 1

Just now, IvyTower said:

NewJennies are the SNSD of this generation. Aespa has the biggest 4th gen hit but it is a little overshadowed given the fact it was released in a pandemic :monkey:  The biggest hurdle they have right now is internal competition within the fandom as winter and Karina fans compete due to SM’s poor management of individual activities. Aespa has been highly sabotaged. Starship is genius with how they managed to make SISTAR rise using alternative  methods … but it only worked with them and IVE because they already had the it factor and public friendly music. Don’t underestimate older Korean’s love for disco. NMIXX is the biggest tragedy given how incredibly talented they are; they still have one more comeback to get their Gee like SNSD did. 

They're barely 2 year old group yet :dies:

a Reminder that SNSD have two mega IT Girls, outselling their male peers whilst serving longevity etc. Let's not set up those girls just bc they have the most hype right now

giphy.gif

• Like 1