K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

16 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

I’m obviously talking about the aesthetic, I never said aespa sounded like BP or NJ. And now I have to disagree with you, SM did a huge switch up from RV, SNSD and f(x) to aespa and lot of Sheep refused to support aespa at first, I clearly remember everyone hating everything of their pre-debut era, and Black Mamba was not very well received by SM stans at first. Once Next Level smashed the Sheep switched up and started to stan thinking they were the next big thing, but since the Girls era they don’t know what to do, because the music is not it, they are being left behind by other GGs and their talent is not enough. It’s actually funny because SM stans were so cocky just a year ago saying that aespa was the new SNSD / BP (success wise) :bibliahh:

But Aespa is the next thing after BP WYD?

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally always liked Aespa since BM and it's the first SM group i kinda stan

6 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

When aespa's high notes started melting into the metallic sounds getting louder....as a fan of PC MUSIC/Sophie....this was the moment I knew which 4th gen group was what I liked. :jonny5:

EXACTLY! in terms of current SM groups, Red Velvet give me the quirky and r&b goodness while aespa hit a lot of my more experimental vibes that I love in non-kpop music

Unforgiven sounds like an Itzy B-side, and not a good one. The vocals aren't strong enough to save it. And why the Nile Rodgers feature? It doesn't sound like his work at all. 

1 minute ago, Selenasworld said:

But Aespa is the next thing after BP WYD?

We’re not in 2021 anymore. :swan:

i mean with every group from the bigger companies, there's bound to be some of the stans success stanning, or more inclined to stan because of the company they're from, i don't think it's just an aespa thing.

Just now, k4rmabutterfly said:

We’re not in 2021 anymore. :swan:

success stan who? get bored

nothing has been going right for aespa ever since they did that cursed Coachella set :gaycat6:

btw i love WTMW is an amazing opener it's giving first track

9 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

And when Stray Kids ends up being the only Big3 representative on the Top 5 of this list by the end of the year

spacer.png

Just wondered how was their distributor DreamUs performed regarding the album shipments? Like are they competent enough like YG Plus or even Kakao?

9mcoJGJ.gif

3 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

i mean with every group from the bigger companies, there's bound to be some of the stans success stanning, or more inclined to stan because of the company they're from, i don't think it's just an aespa thing.

i mean hello, we saw it when JYP did the presales for pre-debut nmixx, the hype for newjeans when we only really knew it was a MHJ group, and people stanning baemon long before they even started teasing

aespa/SM are today’s punching bag in the thread though

I kinda understand SM stans tho, SNSD is literally the best girl group of all time and now that they are gone everyone are just jumping on the first group that could possibly replicate the same excitement or excellence they served. :cries:  Let’s stream this classic!

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

aespa served for the gods. love that they chose this kind of song for a pre-release tbh and we all know spicy is gonna be that girl

SM sheep token-stanning aespa is such a boring, fruitless take. :toofunny2: Especially where it concerns RV stans who, for the most part, have either been apathetic towards or just flat-out hated them for the same reasons they’ve detested NCT for years: feeling that SM was prioritizing younger, hotter groups above them. SM stans aren’t the ones bulk-buying aespa albums or selling out all of their shows. Most of their fanbase is made up of newer, entry-level K-pop stans that likely weren’t even around during the period of SM in their former glory. They have no reason to have any loyalty to them.

In the same breath, SM stans were actually fatigued of aespa and rebelled when they started seeing success, because SM wanted the Kwangya concept to redefine its entire marketing structure, which obviously affected the other groups. 

Edited by Rhythm

6 hours ago, Cotton said:

The pinks give nothing at the MetGala I'm over it. Safe, boring looks. Only CL has served so far. Even Jackson gave us something cute this year :rip:

I'm so over it too :rip: how hard is it to serve something grand when the pinks has the most fashion connections in kpop today :deadbanana: I know they're aware that the met attendees has to serve something out of this world since jennie said in the interview earlier that she's curious how people with huge dresses sit inside - but then still goes to wear a simple dress :toofunny3:

both rosé and jennie's dresses are on theme and are gorgeous but they're so meh and super boring

57 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Apparently yes. The Wonyoung nationality/ethnicity scandal and she accused of hijack/"stealing" Chinese culture by claiming Phoenix hairpin from Korean culture was making big in China and she being cancelled :redface:

New Jeans also kinda cancelled in China due to the Lunar/Chinese New Year debacle earlier this year.

It’s not the scandal. WY bar managed to buy 200k albums this cb. AL had more than one month of pre-orders and the shipping was better this era we got 3 weeks and KTOWN pob were announced weeks later. And lets not even talk about the US shipping a mess. 

1 minute ago, Rhythm said:

SM sheep token-stanning aespa is such a boring, fruitless take. :toofunny2: Especially where it concerns RV stans who, for the most part, have either been apathetic towards or just flat-out hated them for the same reasons they’ve detested NCT for years: feeling that SM was prioritizing younger, hotter groups above them. SM stans aren’t the ones bulk-buying aespa albums or selling out all of their shows. Most of their fanbase is made up of newer, entry-level K-pop stans that likely weren’t even around during the period of SM in their former glory.

In the same breath, SM stans were actually fatigued of aespa and rebelled when they started seeing success, because SM wanted the Kwangya concept to redefine its entire marketing structure, which obviously affected the other groups. 

I’m talking about SM stans of this thread tho. I know Twitter and YT are different conversations.

AESPA:jonny5:

welcome to my world is one of their best songs :jonny6:

and they’re building quite the reputation for pre-releases given that illusion is the best song released by a 4th gen group :cm:  

WEEEEELCOME TO MY SERVE :jonnycat:

29 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

k4rmabutterfly made a great point though

how many of these sheep would stan aespa if they were from a different company :bunny:

also SM sheep = SM gg stans

most people in here don’t care about bgs

For real, How many sheep would have praised and liked Girls (or We dem Boyz) if it was released by Nct (since it was obviously made for them) :gaycat5:

Sheep bandwagon-stanning aespa must be an ATRL exclusive thing because most mys I saw on Twitter don't care for SNSD or ESPECIALLY Red Velvet

Edited by Flomik

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Sheep bandwagon-stanning aespa must be an ATRL exclusive thing because most mys I saw on Twitter don't care for SNSD or ESPECIALLY Red Velvet

Well on Twitter a lot of mys are nctzens :cm:

wow they outsold bom pink :eek: deserved :clap3: 

all lsrfm girls do is SERVE 

what is this Aespa's new song and why is it flopping? I guess hiatus is not for everyone, tsk. 

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

It is! :nicole: They success stanned aespa after being dragged the whole 3rd Gen by Blinks and Onces but it backfired :michael:

Loveeeeee WTMW, the video is not that great but I like its not a box set.

I like this sound for them, I don't think this will do well in charts but let see.