Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Struggles with dating old men

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
29 minutes ago, dabunique said:

why is this such a problem?

 

asking since i'm 45 and i might end up with someone younger

A one word response is a sign that the conversation is over or that person really doesn’t want to talk to you anymore lol 

 

 

but I think for older people they don’t think of of it that way.

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

Just now, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

A one word response is a sign that the conversation is over or that person really doesn’t want to talk to you anymore lol 

eeeek i text ditto alot but i would follow it with an emoji

1 hour ago, spree said:

I can’t believe people admit to wanting to call each other on the phone everyday.  

 A nightmare.

 

I get triggered when my bf even texts me "how was your day" with nothing to contribute - this aint a dating app and i dont have time for pointless convos

 

:rip:

i'd rather text than talk on da phone, unless it an answer i need quick or emergency

 

but i also don't write a huge synopsis in text either

 

7 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

 

but I think for older people they don’t think of of it that way.

if we gettin to kno someone thru text yeah one word answers r not it

 

but a  quick reply shouldn't trigger u if u dating

 

i'd be mad if u don't send me a text than saying same or ditto after i text u

Do you want the professor I shagged last year? I ran into the opposite problem with him: I made it very clear I wanted a no-strings-attached situation, and he strung me along, hoping I'd change my mind and date him. 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, dabunique said:

i'd rather text than talk on da phone, unless it an answer i need quick or emergency

 

but i also don't write a huge synopsis in text either

 

if we gettin to kno someone thru text yeah one word answers r not it

 

but a  quick reply shouldn't trigger u if u dating

 

i'd be mad if u don't send me a text than saying same or ditto after i text u

True but when I’m spending money on a train to come see you and you just reply “ok” it hurts lol 

 

he’s def more of a talker though so I get it 

  • Author

I’m an old person with FaceTime though 

 

the one 20 year I dated tried to FaceTime me all the time :bibliahh:

5 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

True but when I’m spending money on a train to come see you and you just reply “ok” it hurts lol 

 

he’s def more of a talker though so I get it 

totally understand

 

i don't kno how people my age group don't kno how to text

12 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I’m an old person with FaceTime though 

 

the one 20 year I dated tried to FaceTime me all the time :bibliahh:

Omg I hate FaceTime and avoid it like the plague :dies: I hate when people call me out of the blue with that bs. I don’t get how people can just sit there for hours on FaceTime calls. 

So it's ok for ya'll to date 40+ year olds but then when an 18 year old dates a 21 year old ya'll call the 21 year old a groomer???? Huh. Atrl is so full of sh1t. 

Seriously? All the daddies I date 50+ are chatty AF and have long funny texts all day long. Sorry you're finding all the boring dads boo

8 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

either a while wall of text in a single text message or a single word response with no punctuation or emojis ☠️

Literally came in here to say this but in my experience most have been the 2nd kind which is TERRIBLE for me :skull:

 

I could say like 30 different things they could pick up on to carry the convo and they'd just pick a single thing and write a vague response :skull: also randomly leaving on read/not replying :skull: IRL they're great communicators and interesting but getting through the days when I don't see them is excruciating

I tried to date a daddy once but he was only using me to get back at his ex :gaycat7:

 

I prefer guys my age or younger and because this place and stan Twitter have rotted my brain, we communicate well through text and on the phone in general. 

1 hour ago, HRH said:

Don't date old men, predators don't deserve relatinoships

the OP is in his late 20's he's not an 18 year old. 

7 hours ago, Josh said:

the OP is in his late 20's he's not an 18 year old. 

Still disturbing and toxic. Ask yourself why these 50 year olds don't date other 50 year olds.

You're 26 sis, you'd better find someone no more than 36, u don't need fathers or grand fathers unless there's a deal between you :giraffe: or they have a big d and you're too horny not to take it. :rip:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.