Kim Petras - "Dashboard"

GardenPanty

22 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Apparently she confirmed this is never getting released

She wants me to physically fight her so bad

31 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Apparently she confirmed this is never getting released

Where did she say that?

would make sense tho bc it sounds unfinished and still in the demo stages, especially in the first verse with that awkward break and sort of mumbley “dummy” lyrics. 

Also I think republic would only allow her to tease a song that wasn’t gonna come out, so soon after an actual single was just released. ? Just a theory 

19 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Co-written by Madison Love & Ian Kirkpatrick

i’m starting to think these people are purposely sabotaging her by giving her their scraps :rip: 

I’m so confused by her lately. She moved to LA almost 10 years ago because of her writing ability but now she can barely finish a song. She really hasn’t been the same since Clarity, everything about her changed. I hope she’s okay it seems like she might’ve gone through something traumatic.

2 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

I’m so confused by her lately. She moved to LA almost 10 years ago because of her writing ability but now she can barely finish a song. She really hasn’t been the same since Clarity, everything about her changed. I hope she’s okay it seems like she might’ve gone through something traumatic.

Tbh I think Problematique getting scrapped did her in and traumatized her more than we realize. I don't think she's ever shared the extent to how that messed her up, she's only alluded to it in recent interviews. 

Unholy smashing is amazing for her and she seems happy about it... but I almost wonder if she feels like it's a little too late or somehow less of an impact bc she's  featured on it. A #1 is a #1 but still, we all know the quality of her music from 2017-2019 was god tier and deserved to take off. Maybe she feels that too? 

Without a doubt Republic is elated w/the success of Unholy but it's puzzling that they didn't scramble to put out an undeniable banger (All She Wants, HIFTB) instead of testing whole new sounds on her audience. Jesus and Dashboard are complete departures from her past work. Guess that's just what happens when an artist works exclusively with one main producer then tries new ppl years later. :monkey:

Wowww this is so not promising. Sounds like an even worse version of something that would’ve been on that Drake pop album

How did she lose her entire personality? :deadbanana4: She used to have a very niche, solid pop princess persona and the label turned her into soulless filler.

Did Ms Petras forget she can actually sing cause what is this :redface: I loved how in Kim's earlier songs she would give us belts and adlibs with great hooks but she hasn't delivered that in a while.. :noparty: as a longtime fan it's confusing and disappointing.

Who is this? What happened to Kim? Is this an Avril/Melissa sitch?

It doesn't sound like single material, but this electropop sound is definitely more in vain with what I want from Kim. At the end of the day, it sounds like a bop and this is all I ask for.

It does feel like a Problematique b-side tho, mixed with something you'd find playing in the background of the rainbow track of Mario Kart. :rip:

The snippet got me BOPPING tho.

Screaming, banging on the dashboard

Screaming, banging on the dashboard

SCREAMING BANGING ON THE DASHBOARD

TrueBlood

Edited by TrueBlood

• 1 year later...

She has teased (or l**ked to be precise) several things before and nothing ever comes out of that so this doesn’t really mean anything yet until we get a proper announcement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.