• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Lose My Breath

• Shelter

• Draper.

GREAT radio update!

One of three things is at play: it's naturally getting the holiday season spins it's so clearly perfect for. Or they cut the check with a view to have this go top 10 right after Xmas. Or both. 

I like to believe in luck, but I just don't buy swimmingly this is all going with literally no front-facing push. It's either great radio plugger, who is "working" the record with long-game in mind. Or, yeah like I said, cha-ching.

Whatever the case, to the GP, it's giving organic hit and I'm here for it. 

8 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

GREAT radio update!

One of three things is at play: it's naturally getting the holiday season spins it's so clearly perfect for. Or they cut the check with a view to have this go top 10 right after Xmas. Or both. 

I like to believe in luck, but I just don't buy swimmingly this is all going with literally no front-facing push. It's either great radio plugger, who is "working" the record with long-game in mind. Or, yeah like I said, cha-ching.

Your conjecture is always so off-base, even though I actually like your posts.

You can’t insinuate payola because of a 1m radio update that might not even happen again tomorrow or the day after. It’s not helpful, and, most importantly, it’s not true. 

Why can’t Cuff It have a few good radio updates? It is a streaming smash and a viral hit after all. Maybe they just want to…play the song.

Pop radio audience gains has been consistent for the last few days. Maybe it’s finally picking up

7 minutes ago, Teezy said:

Your conjecture is always so off-base, even though I actually like your posts.

You can’t insinuate payola because of a 1m radio update that might not even happen again tomorrow or the day after. It’s not helpful, and, most importantly, it’s not true. 

Why can’t Cuff It have a few good radio updates? It is a streaming smash and a viral hit after all. Maybe they just want to…play the song.

Agreed. I feel like we should wait to see if we are consistently getting 1 mil updates before calling “Payola”. 

1 minute ago, ToraeGilt said:

Pop radio audience gains has been consistent for the last few days. Maybe it’s finally picking up

The spins kinda blow though. I’m hoping it picks up. 

it seems like the big stations pick up so late, after the smaller stations have done their thing. It’s annoying. 

21 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

GREAT radio update!

This doesn’t look like payola. No one is gonna pay for urban AC spins lol. She naturally does very well on that format. 

1 minute ago, chris1991 said:

I’m sorry but where are the visuals/support for the album? :ahh:

They don’t exist lol 

11 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

I’m sorry but where are the visuals/support for the album? :ahh:

Blue ivy said they suck and made Bey delete them

Good radio update :clap3:

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

16 on Hot 100 this week.

Not bad :clap3: a stable top 20 hit… so far

39 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

this gonna end uo being her longest charting hot 100 song isn't it

What is her longest charting song? 

39 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

this gonna end uo being her longest charting hot 100 song isn't it

By the time Christmas is over, it'll at least spend 19 weeks on chart. The song will probably reaches a new peak after the Christmas, assuming that radio keeps it afloat, coupled with GRAMMY hypes, visual(?) and touring announcement (?), Cuff It has the potential. 

2 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

What is her longest charting song? 

Telephone, 33 weeks :fan: 

Halo 31 weeks 

Irreplaceable 30 weeks 

Correct me if I'm wrong though. 

48 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Halo 31 weeks 

Irreplaceable 30 weeks 

Not telephone :deadbanana4:

The larger these radio updates are the more I worry that cuff it may peak on radio before January. It doesn’t have much room to grow on urban, rhythmic or Urban AC. Pop is unpredictable for her and may drop it at anytime :lakitu:

8 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

The larger these radio updates are the more I worry that cuff it may peak on radio before January. It doesn’t have much room to grow on urban, rhythmic or Urban AC. Pop is unpredictable for her and may drop it at anytime :lakitu:

This is my fear at well. But so far the gains seem to be inconsistent, which actually works in our favour (means they’re not heavily pushing it yet). 

Ultimately, regardless of when it peaks on those formats I hope Urban/UrbanAC/Rhythmic hold on to it like how Urban has to WAIT FOR U (peaked #1 on Urban radio back in June and is still top 5 as we enter December), but seeing how they treated BMS that’s a long shot. 

Edited by Machete

Cuff It had a nice jump on the callouts, +12 to 33.  HOPEFULLY familiarity was low, although I have no idea how, anyone on social media should know the song by now :rip:

4 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Halo 31 weeks 

Irreplaceable 30 weeks 

The first song needs to be buried by the end of the decade. Come on Act II. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.