ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Golden Hit: Season 6 is finally here! 🪷

Aurora

antm-excited.gif

And since the mini season technically counted as its own tournament that means this is my first Games section win in quite a while :sats: Also I love the cute little three-part list in the OP, and not just because I'm on it!!

Here's my winning song if anyone wants to read :santa:~

[intro]
Kids setting up decorations with mom and dad
At this point, I have no need for that
Because I've still got mine up from last year

[verse i]
I always looked forward to December, but now I can't help to remember
The things that we did this time of year
The way you'd hold me up to the top of the tree,
The food we'd make, from cupcakes to brie,
I never anticipated stopping so, soon

Now the traditions are nothing to me
And I've become so unkind
After the paperwork that was left behind
There's no Christmas cards I'll ever sign

I leave 2 stockings on the mantle
What am I still doing this for,
If you're not here anymore?

[chorus]
I see the lights and wish I could shine that way
I feel the cold and it's coming from my own heart
Lost hope for Christmas, but I'm still countin' the days
When a life ends, how do I restart?
I lost more than you, 'cause i'm tearing myself apart

From now to New Year's Eve
It's hard to be happy and believe
When a memory is all I'll receive

[verse ii]
It hurts to know that we parted with no goodbye
Raised me for 20 years, then forced me to fly
But I can't even get one foot off the ground

The partridges and the turtle doves
The fireplace and soft, wool gloves
Maybe all the magic wasn't meant to last
I guess you're my ghost of Christmas past.

[chorus]
I see the lights and wish I could shine that way
I feel the cold and it's coming from my own heart
Lost hope for Christmas, but I'm still countin' the days
When a life ends, how do I restart?
I lost more than you, 'cause i'm tearing myself apart

From now to New Year's Eve
It's hard to be happy and believe
When a memory is all I'll receive

[bridge]
Always wanted time alone, now I have too much
Always needed love, now I don't have enough
Pain used to be a consistent friend
But now it's trying to wrap these string lights around my neck
So there's a chance to get back to you

Not long from Christmas, December 1 to 8
Seems like you knew they were your final days
Your room's still untouched, like a closed museum

But I went in, my first time in months
A chill in the air made my heart drop
I found a scrapbook, gift wrapped with my name on top
Sat for hours in tears, they refused to stop

Looking through your life, gave me inspiration for mine
Got to the last page and it said "You'll be fine"....

[outro]
Perhaps it's time to deal with what I have
Instead of the things that I can't bring back
And do everything that you never got to do

I'm not one for surprises, but now I've realized
That maybe getting a memory isn't so bad,
When it's new

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hiatus

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

antm-excited.gif

And since the mini season technically counted as its own tournament that means this is my first Games section win in quite a while :sats: Also I love the cute little three-part list in the OP, and not just because I'm on it!!

Here's my winning song if anyone wants to read :santa:~

A Christsmash if I ever did see one! :date:

In order to celebrate this festive occasion, I'd like to present one last FINAL Hit Token for 2022: your honorary winner's Frost Blue Hit Token for claiming the top spot in Golden Hit's inaugural Holiday special event with your almost perfect-scoring smash, "Ghost of Christmas Past". :worship2:

As requested, here is your Frost Blue Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Taylor Swift (Midnights era).

If for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake.

oprah-gif-oprah.gif

Ahhh it looks so good and I wasn't expecting it so soon. A serve!! Gorgeous color & picture choice :hughard:

To recap Golden Hit’s 2022, 253 songs were written and submitted to us, and to have been any small part in aiding that writing is amazing. We saw 5 talented writers come out on top, 10 great judges aid us in reviewing the entries, and 73 participants across the two seasons and two specials. It’s been a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to what 2023 brings thanks to this growing creative space. Here’s to a great year for everyone, and continued creativity. :heart2:

3 hours ago, fountain said:

To recap Golden Hit’s 2022, 253 songs were written and submitted to us, and to have been any small part in aiding that writing is amazing. We saw 5 talented writers come out on top, 10 great judges aid us in reviewing the entries, and 73 participants across the two seasons and two specials. It’s been a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to what 2023 brings thanks to this growing creative space. Here’s to a great year for everyone, and continued creativity. :heart2:

Beautifully said. :heart: I also wanted to showcase a visual representation of how far Golden Hit and its community have come in the past eight months.

Presenting, the Golden Hit Token Collection 2022:

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-R6-8thPrince.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-R5-Alex.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-R6-Achilles.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Hug.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Augmented.pngunknown.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Arrows.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-BetterMistakes.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-DatChickDoe.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Devon.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-EpicSongFan.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-hurricane326.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Insanity.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Jessie.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-JoeAg.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-JuliaFox.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-mxtthewdelrey.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-OreGuy.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-RobDeWittBukater.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Tylerbv.png

Avatar-GoldCoin-S2-Aurora.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-fountain.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-8thPrince.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-Jackson.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R1-hurricane326.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R2-LegendE.png

Avatar-GoldCoin-S2-R3-hurricane326.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R4-Euterpe.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R5-beatinglikeadrum.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R6-Hug.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R6-JoeAg.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R1-JoeAg.png

Avatar-SilverCoin-S2-R2-hurricane326.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R3-Remmy.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R4-Hug.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R5-Hug.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R1-Augmented.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R1-Hug.png

Avatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R2-worldwideangel.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R3-worldwideangel.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R4-Augmented.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R5-Element.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R6-StormFury.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-JuliaFox.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-XO_Life.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-TruGemini.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-KylieJenner.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Achilles.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Allday.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-BetterMistakes.png

Avatar-BloodRedCoin-fountain.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Hug.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Euterpe.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Element.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-LegendE.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Augmented.png

Avatar-FrostBlueCoin-fountain.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Augmented.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Achilles.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-JoeAg.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-TruGemini.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Remmy.png

Congratulations to all of these writers. We hope you've had a great 2022, and continue to thrive in 2023 with Golden Hit Season 3, coming Jan 20! 📀

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Beautifully said. :heart: I also wanted to showcase a visual representation of how far Golden Hit and its community have come in the past eight months.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-R6-8thPrince.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-R5-Alex.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-R6-Achilles.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Hug.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Augmented.pngunknown.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Arrows.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-BetterMistakes.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-DatChickDoe.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Devon.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-EpicSongFan.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-hurricane326.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Insanity.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Jessie.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-JoeAg.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-JuliaFox.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-mxtthewdelrey.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-OreGuy.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-RobDeWittBukater.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-Tylerbv.png

Avatar-GoldCoin-S2-Aurora.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-fountain.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-8thPrince.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-Jackson.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R1-hurricane326.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R2-LegendE.png

Avatar-GoldCoin-S2-R3-hurricane326.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R4-Euterpe.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R5-beatinglikeadrum.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R6-Hug.pngAvatar-GoldCoin-S2-R6-JoeAg.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R1-JoeAg.png

Avatar-SilverCoin-S2-R2-hurricane326.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R3-Remmy.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R4-Hug.pngAvatar-SilverCoin-S2-R5-Hug.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R1-Augmented.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R1-Hug.png

Avatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R2-worldwideangel.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R3-worldwideangel.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R4-Augmented.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R5-Element.pngAvatar-BronzeCoin-S2-R6-StormFury.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-JuliaFox.png

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-XO_Life.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-TruGemini.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-KylieJenner.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Achilles.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Allday.png

Avatar-BloodRedCoin-fountain.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Hug.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Euterpe.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Element.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-LegendE.pngAvatar-BloodRedCoin-Augmented.png

Avatar-FrostBlueCoin-fountain.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Augmented.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Achilles.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-JoeAg.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-TruGemini.pngAvatar-FrostBlueCoin-Remmy.png

Congratulations to all of these writers. We hope you've had a great 2022, and continue to thrive in 2023 with Golden Hit Season 3, coming Jan 20! 📀

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-BetterMistakes.png

omg, this made me smile so much, thank you! :hug: Also screaming at the symbol on a coin :toofunny2: p**** power indeed 

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-XO_Life.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-TruGemini.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-KylieJenner.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Achilles.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-Allday.pngAvatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-BetterMistakes.png

thank you so much! :heart: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Aurora said:

these are all so stunning :clap3: 

Omg seeing the whole collection together is such a slay :jonny5: The coin concept was such a smart idea that turned out really well :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

The slay!!! They look so good all together :duca:

congratulations on such a successful 2022!! 

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Ahh so cute :heart:

53 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Omg seeing the whole collection together is such a slay :jonny5: The coin concept was such a smart idea that turned out really well :heart:

Facts, Aurora was genius for that :clap3:

22 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

Avatar-RoseGoldCoin-S2-BetterMistakes.png

omg, this made me smile so much, thank you! :hug: Also screaming at the symbol on a coin :toofunny2: p**** power indeed 

22 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

thank you so much! :heart: 

21 hours ago, Legend E said:

these are all so stunning :clap3: 

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

20 hours ago, Element said:

The slay!!! They look so good all together :duca:

congratulations on such a successful 2022!! 

20 hours ago, fountain said:

Ahh so cute :heart:

20 hours ago, fountain said:

Facts, Aurora was genius for that :clap3:

You're all too kind. :heart: It's writers like you that inspired the tokens in the first place, and why we are able to keep awarding them round after round, season after season. I can't wait to see how the collection grows in 2023!

Omg. I actually forgot I won the round. Nice memory to have and nice gift to save.

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Golden Hit S3 📀 Special Announcement

Hey, Hitmakers! We hope you've all had a fantastic start to the new year, because things are only going to get better!

With only a dozen days between now and the next chapter of Golden Hit, it's time for a special announcement. :matty:

Joining the Golden Hit S3 judging panel for the first time is someone who is no stranger to judging writing tournaments.

Please give a warm welcome to the Golden Hit S2 victor himself, the one and only legendary...

@Hug

For those who haven't brushed up on their ATRL writing tournament history (check the OP of this thread!) Hug won the second season of ATRL's Platinum Hit, as well as the second season of ATRL's Golden Hit! Beyond these accolades, he has written countless chart-topping and high-scoring hits throughout his decade-long career, becoming a finalist and judge in multiple other seasons of ATRL writing tournaments. In short, Hug is a writing legend and we are very lucky to have him!

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for more updates and potential teasers until the launch of Golden Hit S3 on January 20th, 2023! :duca:

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

Excited to be on the panel and looking forward to all the lovely entries in the upcoming season! :duca:

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Golden Hit S3 📀 Special Announcement

Hey, Hitmakers! We hope you've all had a fantastic start to the new year, because things are only going to get better!

With only a dozen days between now and the next chapter of Golden Hit, it's time for a special announcement. :matty:

Joining the Golden Hit S3 judging panel for the first time is someone who is no stranger to judging writing tournaments.

Please give a warm welcome to the Golden Hit S2 victor himself, the one and only legendary...

@Hug

For those who haven't brushed up on their ATRL writing tournament history (check the OP of this thread!) Hug won the second season of ATRL's Platinum Hit, as well as the second season of ATRL's Golden Hit! Beyond these accolades, he has written countless chart-topping and high-scoring hits throughout his decade-long career, becoming a finalist and judge in multiple other seasons of ATRL writing tournaments. In short, Hug is a writing legend and we are very lucky to have him!

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for more updates and potential teasers until the launch of Golden Hit S3 on January 20th, 2023! :duca:

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

38 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Oop I fear I do not has this restraint, I feel the word on the tip of my ton-

MOTHER! :jonnycat:

On 1/8/2023 at 4:07 AM, Euterpe said:

@Hug about to tank my entries. Ready for my failure era. :jonny5:

I will give them acclaim to balance it out, queen :jonny5:

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

📀 Golden Hit S3 🙏 Hit-story Saved!

Hey, Hitmakers! With just over a week until the launch of Golden Hit Season 3, we hope you are all feeling inspired.

...and what better way to get inspired than by walking though the Platinum and Golden Hit franchise's Hall of Fame?

This is not a drill... I repeat, this is not a drill: Classic ATRL is BACK! A complete archive of Platinum Hit-story is in the OP:

:celestial5:

Relive Platinum Hit-story, from its humble beginnings in 2012, to its main pop game era of 2014-2017, and beyond. 💿

Try your hand at some past iconic challenges, uncover forgotten memes and lingo, or just enjoy a trip down memory lane.

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for more updates until the launch of Golden Hit S3 on January 20th, 2023! :duca:

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

On 1/9/2023 at 10:08 AM, fountain said:

Ahh legend, ready for your return :jonnycat:

super excited :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.