ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Golden Hit: Season 6 is finally here! 🪷

Aurora

My masters degree being replaced by this competition I fear.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hiatus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, fountain said:

Nooo we love @Element :heart2:  

26 minutes ago, Aurora said:

It was a mutual decision actually and Element knows the Golden Hit family is always welcoming to him as a player or potential judge in a future season. :heart2: Rotating judging panels keep things fresh and interesting, and introduce new points of view.

I know, I was joking, we stan Miss Ellie :jonnycat:

Excited for the new judges too! :duca:

Well who’s gonna beat me now?

i’m excited to do more! hopefully i can score a bit higher this time lol, i’ll try to tone down the verbosity i’m so prone to

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Legend E said:

Not y'all kicking Element out i-

I told them for a mix of reasons that it would be best for me to depart as a judge!

9 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Moi

YAS 

scarlett-johansson-dancing.gif

The cast of Golden Hit 2 already serving excellence. :jonny5: Hoping for a few new faces as well!

Despite my busy new work schedule, I'm so excited to be reviewing alongside this fantastic new panel and co-hosting with fountain once again. With any luck I'll be able to finish a writing project of my own this season! I'm going to try and push myself. :dancehall:

Might take part and just have fun with the submissions without looking at my scores. #MusicNotTheCharts

excited to be a part of season 2 :duca: hoping to see a lot of familiar names and some new ones too 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:16 AM, 8thPrince said:

Excited to offer my assistance for season 2 :duca: it’s shaping up to be great!

On 8/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Jackson said:

excited to be a part of season 2 :duca: hoping to see a lot of familiar names and some new ones too 

:heart:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

The wait is over... Season 2 of ATRL's newest hit writing tournament, Golden Hit, is here!

Whether you've just stumbled upon this thread and don't know the first thing about songwriting, or were counting down the days until this moment, we hope you'll stop by the thread and join us in the new season's celebrations, and participate in the Q&A. Reminder that the first round of the season will be posted on Saturday, August 20th.

Visit the thread in the Games section and sign up below:

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Hey, (potential) Hitmakers! Just a friendly reminder that if you haven't already joined us, Golden Hit: Season 2 has begun over in the Games section.

If you missed Round 1, or have only just stumbled upon this thread and want to know what it's all about, sign-ups are still open. Come join us! :matty:

Congratulations to @hurricane326, winner of Golden Hit S2's first round, the Zoology challenge, with their fantastic song "I Walk Alone". :1stplace:

Our second challenge is rather elaborate, and calls for aspiring writers to pen a demo for one of four members of the (fictional) girl group BLɅϽKGO⅃D:

We hope to see you join in the fun of Golden Hit: Season 2 today!

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Round 4 of Golden Hit Season 2's 6-round run is about to wrap up! Feel free to write a last-minute submission if you feel inspired by this week's challenge: Spoken Word. More details below:

On 9/11/2022 at 5:10 AM, fountain said:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

In Round 3 you took us on a journey through the woods with your tree songs, but for this next challenge we want to see you step outside of those woods. We want to see you step out of the box, all together…

PBxxxQIy68UykHTfqTRM-RXrDV22L36zVm-6Ed6_BdqcyFnlDVdgopMlfcvDYnSMVL2IUhjn5dDMqf5l6-LCqamfNm_ae5iCoT8C6pT7WHO9tgTdSwvet7YEbPojIIXYCkAiRcM8FP74IUZi6mdTnHfqUXLep4j5jalO4yjqUp2ftVyLccIo-wtJVA

For this challenge, we want to encourage you to embrace other writing styles and embrace them in a song for this round. Specifically, we would like for you to write a song that incorporates spoken word elements. This can be done in any way you please; the spoken word passages can be spread throughout the song, can be specifically one section of the song (eg. one verse/bridge etc.), or could even be the whole song if you desire. We hope that with this challenge you can experiment with a new writing style and bring a new component to your song through the use of spoken word. Ultimately, you can write about any theme, any story or any inspiration that you desire; the song simply just needs to involve some spoken portions. As a guide, we would like for this to be aimed at around 100 words, but you may go above or under that number at your own desire. Spoken word can be a great tool to add emotion, depth and relatability to your song, and we look forward to seeing how you make use of it!

It would be helpful if spoken segments in the song would be designated as such, either by labelling them (spoken), italicising them, or using some sort of symbol (*such as this*, “or this”).

Tips:

~ While this at first may seem slightly daunting as it is not as commonly used as traditional songwriting, try not to overthink it. 

~ Bear in mind that you can write absolutely anything you desire this round, the potential for inspiration is unlimited.

~ By ‘spoken word’ we basically mean sections of the song that are intended to be spoken as opposed to sung. Easy ways of meeting this requirement could be through the use of dialogue in the song, or through monologue. 

~ Examples of songs that you can use for reference and inspiration could include Lana Del Rey’s “Ride” and “National Anthem” (music video versions) and “Ultraviolence”, Mary Lambert’s “I Know Girls/Body Love” and “Lay Your Head Down”, Beyoncé’s “***Flawless* and Lemonade film, Madonna’s “Justify My Love” and “Erotica”, Wolf Alice’s “Don’t Delete the Kisses”, M83’s “Intro”  and “Graveyard Girl”, Christine and the Queens’ “Tilted”, Kylie Minogue’s “Your Disco Needs You”, and Janelle Monáe’s “Screwed”. Of course, there are more than this, and Google is your friend. Ideally this list can prove how diverse the use of spoken word is; this is your most limitless challenge yet and we believe some fantastic songs can come from this round. 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thursday September 15th, 11:59PM eastern

:bird:

spacer.png

Round 5 is sure to be a songwriter's dream, while Round 6... let's just say we're going to mix things up a bit. It's definitely not too late to join the fun!

Get a head start on Golden Hit: Season 3 by getting to know this season's judges, the format, and community by signing up today. :celestial3:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, potential hitmakers! I just wanted announce to anyone who might be passing through The Lounge that Golden Hit: Season 2 is about to wrap up! Our final challenge, the “Mix N Match” challenge, is a really fun one allowing you to combine two challenge prompts selected by our judges together to make one unique song!

There's still over three days left to submit, and Golden Hit is always welcome to new writers at any point during the season. This will be the final round for the year, with Golden Hit: Season 3 slated for launch sometime in early 2023 at this stage. If you're feeling creative, definitely swing on by and give it a shot! We'd love to see you. :matty:

Another season of ATRL's newest popular writing tournament Golden Hit has concluded! Congratulations @Hug on your outstanding performance this season, and incredible season average of 8.796. :clap3:

I have updated the OP of this thread not only to add Hug to the list of winners, but also to add in some links to past writing tournaments (dating back to Platinum Hit 10, as unfortunately that is all that remains accessible since the server upgrade of 2017). Relive classic moments, be inspired by unique past challenges, and familiarise yourself with writing legends of ATRL's past... you never know who might appear in a future season of Golden Hit as your next competitor or judge! :eek:

2 hours ago, Hug said:

Halloween challenge WHERE

Definitely something I think we'll trial out here in the coming weeks. :duca:

• 2 weeks later...

When is the next season coming up

14 hours ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

Oh wow this seems interesting 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.