ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Golden Hit: Season 6 is finally here! 🪷

Aurora

10 hours ago, fountain said:

Ahh I love this and I hope you continue to do it for the other rounds that you missed out on! Season 3’s challenges were pretty open to interpretation so I’m intrigued to see where you can take these themes… especially with how creative your entries are regardless :jonnycat:

Winter Blooms sounds really nice, and does evoke that folklore style imagery and poetic nature. Loves it. Did you write a full song for it or is this just the starting point? Either way it’s indicative or another great song by you, and one that really shows your writing diversity too, since it’s pretty different to your season 3 entries and leans in more to the poetic side. Exciting to see :duca:

Anastasia OOP! :jonny6: I forgot to clarify that the Winter Blooms verse I just posted is not the full song :fan: Those are the very first lyrics I wrote for the song - it completely just flowed out of me and I only tweaked a couple things :clap3: My induction into the Songwriting Hall of Fame is starting to cemenT! :smitten: Even my draft prototype lyrics are steamrolling the music industry and setting everything on fire. Legend tingz. :fan: This cement-steamrolling metaphor is a kii btw omg :rofl:, AND it was unintentional - whew! - not my subconscious mind doing almost all the worK... very indicative of talent cause I don't even have to think too hard to ooze out masterpiece energy. :gaygacat6: ALTHOUGH I also put in a lot of effort consciously, cause I am a mastermind and an intellectual gw0rl too. #CLARIFICATION (I promise I'm not this narcissistic in real life nnnnn it's kinda fun to be a little delusional and overly confident on a forum sometimes honestly :'( and uh oh, I think I just shat out yet ANOTHER masterpiece - lowkey wanna write a song now about masking real life insecurities with overly overt digital narcissism, it would definitely a GP smash hit cause I think almost everyone would be able to relate :wink: :coffee: #THATWASSHADE :siptea:) But yeah, Winter Blooms is definitely not finished yet :date3:

-

Yes, yes, yes! :duca: I'm definitely gonna do this for the other S3 challenges. Thank you so much :heart::bug: 

I think part of the reason why I wasn't able to complete S3 fully was because I buckled under the pressure. Dolphin Dive and Love Across the Universes really set the bar HIGH and, along with other factors, I got burnt out. It is really tough to sustain such highly conceptual masterpieces back-to-back, so I sadly fizzled out. :weeps: But we're back in ACTION, honey! :gaycatina1: I guess that is partly why I want to practice incorporating songwriting more consistently in my daily life so that I am able to steady the flow of my creative energy and not creatively combust and shut down.

It would've been soooo LEGENDARY if I had a #3 - #2 - #1 chart run but I think the multiuniverses were not ready for such a cataclysm YET. And I think I would be asked to leave the Earth by our extraterrestrial overlords for interplanetary reasons, of course. So we are doing this retroactive slayage now giving Star Wars prequels concept, for sure.

-

project : GOLDEN HIT SEASON 3

Round 1 - New Year's : Winter Blooms

Round 2 - Midjourney :

Round 3 - Way of Water : Dolphin Dive

Round 4 - Valentine's : Love Across the Universes

Round 5 - Judge's Choice :

Round 6 - All or Nothing Final :

I might write a different song for Round 5 instead of Rainbow High, but we'll see! :cm:

-

I'm honestly super inspired right now, I just want to write EVERYTHING :ahh:

I have tonssss of ideas for projects that I might do simultaneously. I wanna do a project where I write songs for other artists like Taylor and Lana. Another project I'm interested in doing is writing songs of different genres. :duca: Ooh, another project I have in mind is to write lyrics to instrumentals. That would be really cool! ANOTHER project I had to edit into my post that I just thought of is actually crafting an EP or album that is genuinely cohesive. I feel like my GHS3 project would be a cute little collection of songs but not a true ALBUM, you know? So I wanna try crafting a genuine body of work.

I also wanna be more easy on myself and write simpler songs. I feel like the highly conceptual, high creative songs are fantastic but they're tryna kill me :hoetenks: I wanna bring it back down to Earth as well and allow myself a moment to breathe instead of just doing grandiose ideas consecutively and bottlenecking myself, essentially (nnnnn :skull:). :celestial3:

I'm currently balancing how to develop my own signature style but also being diverse and exploring other styles, so it should be a fun journey for me as a songwriter.

I'll definitely keep y'all updated on the creative process in this thread! :whistle:

Edited by sugarshine

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hiatus

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, fountain said:

Side note: tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Golden Hit and I have a few little updates to coincide :gaycat4:

OOOH the suspense :gaycat4:

Maybe I should quickly take a dump and write a theme song for Golden Hit for the anniversary, it will be called: Golden. Very unconventional, I know. Kylie Minogue ha impact! :clap:

EDIT: The way I just visited your profile after mentioning Kylie Minogue in this post and I saw that you last posted in a Kylie Minogue thread, I AM GAGGING WTF :biblionny: :bibliahh: I did NAWT plan this - pinky promise! :deadbanana2: the universe is LAUGHING RIGHT AT ME (come thru Bad Blood! :loud:) I am so gagged write now, the SyNcHrOnIcItIeS :isudumblmao: the aliens aka the software engineers of this simulation are cackling right now fffffffff

Kylie must be engaging in some next-level promo mastermind plan for her next release, I can't :toofunny3: not them purchasing my personal data like this, the algorithm is giving algorhythm :dies: :eddie: Algorhythm: my next single - confirmed! :wave2:

What a great way to find out Kylie Minogue is releasing new music :jonny5: I literally just found out now :ahh:

Edited by sugarshine

Hello everybody! Today marks the one year anniversary of Golden Hit and I wanted to mark the occasion with some updates and announcements for the future of the game!

First off I just want to let everybody know that Aurora is currently on a break from the site so will be absent from the next season. I couldn’t have started this era of songwriting on ATRL without him so this is a big shout out and thanks to you Aurora. We all hope you are doing well!

I also want to thank everybody who has been a part of the game so far during its first year, whether as a judge, a writer, or a viewer who is just looking forward to the next season! Really, I would still go ahead hosting these games even if nobody was playing because I think it’s important and special to give people a creative outlet like this, but it’s thanks to you all that the first year of Golden Hit was a massive success. With three talent filled seasons, two specials taking place during Halloween and the Holidays, and a grand total of 315 songs written and submitted, I couldn’t be prouder of what was achieved and the writing that I witnessed. Here’s to the second year being just as fantastic!

So, after reminiscing on the past, let's have a little fun and look forward to the future… I’m happy to announce that Golden Hit’s fourth season will begin in June! Just in time for the summer season (or winter if you live in the southern hemisphere) it’s sure to be another creative 6 weeks of writing and I can’t wait to see what will be produced during this season. 

And, joining me as co-host for our Season 4 is @Jackson, winner of Season 1! Jackson has been sharing his writing talents and an important part of the songwriting community on here for years, so I’m really glad to have him on board for this season. We are currently in the midst of organising and finalising plans for the season and will be able to announce a start date soon once we have reached out to potential judges and set a date that works for everybody, so look forward to it!

Until then please feel free to continue to use this thread to update on your writing, sharing anything that you wish, or to just generally stay in touch! The writing community on here is full of amazing and lovely people and I’m really glad (and hope) that this little game called Golden Hit can continue to bring us together on here and provide a fulfilling creative experience. :hughard:

And, again, thank you all. 
:heart2:

I'm so excited for this upcoming season and to have the opportunity to cohost with @fountain :duca:. I honestly can't believe it's been only a year since GH launched - I feel like it's already created such a cool community and some amazing songs. Whether you're already part of the Golden Hit community, a PH/SOTS era player wondering if it's time to come back, or a lurker or potential newbie, I hope to see you in the thread next month! 

15 hours ago, sugarshine said:

Anastasia OOP! :jonny6: I forgot to clarify that the Winter Blooms verse I just posted is not the full song :fan: Those are the very first lyrics I wrote for the song - it completely just flowed out of me and I only tweaked a couple things :clap3: My induction into the Songwriting Hall of Fame is starting to cemenT! :smitten: Even my draft prototype lyrics are steamrolling the music industry and setting everything on fire. Legend tingz. :fan: This cement-steamrolling metaphor is a kii btw omg :rofl:, AND it was unintentional - whew! - not my subconscious mind doing almost all the worK... very indicative of talent cause I don't even have to think too hard to ooze out masterpiece energy. :gaygacat6: ALTHOUGH I also put in a lot of effort consciously, cause I am a mastermind and an intellectual gw0rl too. #CLARIFICATION (I promise I'm not this narcissistic in real life nnnnn it's kinda fun to be a little delusional and overly confident on a forum sometimes honestly :'( and uh oh, I think I just shat out yet ANOTHER masterpiece - lowkey wanna write a song now about masking real life insecurities with overly overt digital narcissism, it would definitely a GP smash hit cause I think almost everyone would be able to relate :wink: :coffee: #THATWASSHADE :siptea:) But yeah, Winter Blooms is definitely not finished yet :date3:

-

Yes, yes, yes! :duca: I'm definitely gonna do this for the other S3 challenges. Thank you so much :heart::bug: 

I think part of the reason why I wasn't able to complete S3 fully was because I buckled under the pressure. Dolphin Dive and Love Across the Universes really set the bar HIGH and, along with other factors, I got burnt out. It is really tough to sustain such highly conceptual masterpieces back-to-back, so I sadly fizzled out. :weeps: But we're back in ACTION, honey! :gaycatina1: I guess that is partly why I want to practice incorporating songwriting more consistently in my daily life so that I am able to steady the flow of my creative energy and not creatively combust and shut down.

It would've been soooo LEGENDARY if I had a #3 - #2 - #1 chart run but I think the multiuniverses were not ready for such a cataclysm YET. And I think I would be asked to leave the Earth by our extraterrestrial overlords for interplanetary reasons, of course. So we are doing this retroactive slayage now giving Star Wars prequels concept, for sure.

-

project : GOLDEN HIT SEASON 3

Round 1 - New Year's : Winter Blooms

Round 2 - Midjourney :

Round 3 - Way of Water : Dolphin Dive

Round 4 - Valentine's : Love Across the Universes

Round 5 - Judge's Choice :

Round 6 - All or Nothing Final :

I might write a different song for Round 5 instead of Rainbow High, but we'll see! :cm:

-

I'm honestly super inspired right now, I just want to write EVERYTHING :ahh:

I have tonssss of ideas for projects that I might do simultaneously. I wanna do a project where I write songs for other artists like Taylor and Lana. Another project I'm interested in doing is writing songs of different genres. :duca: Ooh, another project I have in mind is to write lyrics to instrumentals. That would be really cool! ANOTHER project I had to edit into my post that I just thought of is actually crafting an EP or album that is genuinely cohesive. I feel like my GHS3 project would be a cute little collection of songs but not a true ALBUM, you know? So I wanna try crafting a genuine body of work.

I also wanna be more easy on myself and write simpler songs. I feel like the highly conceptual, high creative songs are fantastic but they're tryna kill me :hoetenks: I wanna bring it back down to Earth as well and allow myself a moment to breathe instead of just doing grandiose ideas consecutively and bottlenecking myself, essentially (nnnnn :skull:). :celestial3:

I'm currently balancing how to develop my own signature style but also being diverse and exploring other styles, so it should be a fun journey for me as a songwriter.

I'll definitely keep y'all updated on the creative process in this thread! :whistle:

Oop well if you feel like sharing the rest of the song in the future I’d definitely be intrigued to read it :lakitu:

Hopefully your creative era keeps burning bright into June :eddie:

Also yeah not every song needs to be super conceptual or even intricately written, sometimes simple can be even more effective! Just depends on the inspiration and what is fitting I feel

5 hours ago, Jackson said:

I'm so excited for this upcoming season and to have the opportunity to cohost with @fountain :duca:. I honestly can't believe it's been only a year since GH launched - I feel like it's already created such a cool community and some amazing songs. Whether you're already part of the Golden Hit community, a PH/SOTS era player wondering if it's time to come back, or a lurker or potential newbie, I hope to see you in the thread next month! 

King :heart2:

High key a full circle moment coming from PH6 to this :jonnycat:

OMG JUNE!!!! :duca: ddd okay maybe I should put 1 billion projects out of my 1 trillion projects on pause for a bit in preparation for next month

ooh my gawd. sorry y'all, I was not expecting it to be so soon. nnn I'm over here pacing the hallway of my mind (a lyric!) like ***** we gotta get this house in order and do some last minute spring cleaning before summertime. ahh

I will miss Aurora :'( Have a wonderful break :heart: :hug:

Welcome on board the Titanic, Jackson :heart: :eddie: I hope you got some superglue in stock because I am the Wig Snatcher and I will be snatching wigs and frying them with the fireball energy of the summer sun :wanda: before it inevitably dies out and leaves behind a cold aftertaste of what once was: a void cosmos with the memory of my slayful lyrics. :cries: My resume? In GHS3, my first song Dolphin Dive peaked at #3 with a score of 9.217 and my second song Love Across the Universes peaked at #2 with a score of 9.05... and that's it :clap3: Not gonna lie, I love my statistics so far - I might as well show it off :ahh: I'm still in SHOCK and my name is STILL Gagarina, cause like wtf how are the 2 songs I submitted both #3 and #2 with a score of 9+ fff my witchcraft is working, not me cosplaying as a jewelry shop with both songs getting hit tokens... giving me "if I gift you this song, you will gift me that hit token cause it matches my outfit :gaynetcat4:" :rofl: My baked masterpieces will be freshly cooked and STEAMING. :flame: Get READY!!! :duca: (But also please temper your expectations nnn that was last season, today is a new day so let me not set myself up for a floppage already :deadbanana2: My songs next season might skyrocket downwards to the beat of gravity and score a 1 so...! :hoetenks:)

Edited by sugarshine

Wish You Well

e85cd97c43f7bd03c70a66c2fe538a6c.jpg

The polaroids burn into the eye of my mind

Remembering our dance in fragmented lies

Our love is captured by the storms of time

Love never lets go ‘til it’s time to say goodbye

For all the hell that you put me through

For all those days I tried loving you

Bitter words spew from my mouth

Like the ashes from yours

That pain you wouldn’t live without

I tried, I tried to love you

You tried, you tried to love you too

We had to end this ride (We had to end this ride)

So that we could both fly (So that we could both fly)

I wish you well

On this carousel called life

I was deeply confused by your faint moonlight

I was caught in a dream 'til I realised the spell on me

I was taught to run away from me

When I was born to fly

-

I tried something different with this song. It's not finished btw :eddie: I first started writing this song because I wanted to write a song in the style of Taylor Swift. I mean... if Wish You Well (!!!) wasn't obvious enough :skull: Her writing style is kind of the opposite of how I usually write - I tend to explore overall concepts left open to interpretation, whereas she explores personal details through storytelling. It's not in her exact style, I just wanted to step outside of my comfort zone a bit and see what happens. It was kind of relaxing to write like this tbh :spring: I guess because I had to craft more of a story which I find more of a peaceful experience rather than write through concepts and emotions which can be draining in a certain way.

10 hours ago, sugarshine said:

OMG JUNE!!!! :duca: ddd okay maybe I should put 1 billion projects out of my 1 trillion projects on pause for a bit in preparation for next month

ooh my gawd. sorry y'all, I was not expecting it to be so soon. nnn I'm over here pacing the hallway of my mind (a lyric!) like ***** we gotta get this house in order and do some last minute spring cleaning before summertime. ahh

Welcome on board the Titanic, Jackson :heart: :eddie: I hope you got some superglue in stock because I am the Wig Snatcher and I will be snatching wigs and frying them with the fireball energy of the summer sun :wanda: before it inevitably dies out and leaves behind a cold aftertaste of what once was: a void cosmos with the memory of my slayful lyrics. :cries: My resume? In GHS3, my first song Dolphin Dive peaked at #3 with a score of 9.217 and my second song Love Across the Universes peaked at #2 with a score of 9.05... and that's it :clap3: Not gonna lie, I love my statistics so far - I might as well show it off :ahh: I'm still in SHOCK and my name is STILL Gagarina, cause like wtf how are the 2 songs I submitted both #3 and #2 with a score of 9+ fff my witchcraft is working, not me cosplaying as a jewelry shop with both songs getting hit tokens... giving me "if I gift you this song, you will gift me that hit token cause it matches my outfit :gaynetcat4:" :rofl: My baked masterpieces will be freshly cooked and STEAMING. :flame: Get READY!!! :duca: (But also please temper your expectations nnn that was last season, today is a new day so let me not set myself up for a floppage already :deadbanana2: My songs next season might skyrocket downwards to the beat of gravity and score a 1 so...! :hoetenks:)

Yesss you’ll have to keep this burst of inspiration going into June hehe. I’m excited to see what you come up with! :duca:

9 hours ago, sugarshine said:

Wish You Well

e85cd97c43f7bd03c70a66c2fe538a6c.jpg

The polaroids burn into the eye of my mind

Remembering our dance in fragmented lies

Our love is captured by the storms of time

Love never lets go ‘til it’s time to say goodbye

For all those days I tried loving you

Bitter words spew from my mouth

Like the ashes from yours

That pain you wouldn’t live without

I tried, I tried to love you

You tried, you tried to love you too

We had to end this ride (We had to end this ride)

So that we could both fly (So that we could both fly)

I wish you well

On this carousel called life

I was deeply confused by your faint moonlight

I was caught in a dream 'til I realised the spell on me

I was taught to run away from me

When I was born to fly

-

I tried something different with this song. It's not finished btw :eddie: I first started writing this song because I wanted to write a song in the style of Taylor Swift. I mean... if Wish You Well (!!!) wasn't obvious enough :skull: Her writing style is kind of the opposite of how I usually write - I tend to explore overall concepts left open to interpretation, whereas she explores personal details through storytelling. It's not in her exact style, I just wanted to step outside of my comfort zone a bit and see what happens. It was kind of relaxing to write like this tbh :spring: I guess because I had to craft more of a story which I find more of a peaceful experience rather than write through concepts and emotions which can be draining in a certain way.

Ooo we love a scorned love song :jonnycat: another serve I fear! Like you mentioned it is quite different to what we have seen of your writing BUT I think that’s a great thing because it shows your strength in writing versatility :clap3: keep serving it

10 hours ago, sugarshine said:

love the enthusiasm  :duca: already ready to have my wig snatched 

On 5/12/2023 at 3:59 PM, fountain said:

Yesss you’ll have to keep this burst of inspiration going into June hehe. I’m excited to see what you come up with! :duca:

okay OKAY y'all got me hyped up now. I'm feeling some type of WHEY :ghostface: depression? put on pause. mania? PRESS PLAY ***** :gayalipacat3:

:duca: :duca: :duca:

I feel like I'm about to become the most prolific writer of all time :jonny3: the way I keep pooping out masterpieces like explosive diarrhea, YES LORD THE CONSTIPATION HAS BEEN SET FREE

On 5/12/2023 at 4:02 PM, fountain said:

Ooo we love a scorned love song :jonnycat: another serve I fear! Like you mentioned it is quite different to what we have seen of your writing BUT I think that’s a great thing because it shows your strength in writing versatility :clap3: keep serving it

Thank youuu :heart: I wanna explore other writing styles instead of placing myself in a box. I feel like I can surprise myself if I step out of those parameters and discover a whole new facet of me as a writer. :whistle:

On 5/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, Jackson said:

love the enthusiasm  :duca: already ready to have my wig snatched 

whew, yaaaaaas hunty chile!!! loving this gawjuss energy radiating in this thread. :heart: 

:weeps: omg I feel like a stunning superstar. :blush: like duh y'all just can't take me when my stilettos pump into the club, looking like a drink and a snack rolled up into one. and THAT is a bar :lee2: BITTTTTTCH!!!! :flame: :clap3: ugh, I am living my fantasy right now. I feel like Britney Spears

Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant - Page 14 - The Britney  Spears Community - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

Imagine if this was a real songwriter's studio gw0rl. :skull: like... I really do love being gayer than a frog (I'll scream if anyone knows this reference :deadvision: ifykyk) but I'm also like why? what is the meaning of life? when the birds are in the trees, but their wings are still high in the skies, gliding like a kite, disappearing behind these chemtrails, chemtrails and new york city lights  :spring: (lowkey about to get ready to serve a song in the style of Lana del Rey so excuse me, the method acting has BEGUN :gayorkcat2:)

gonna go inhale some chemtrails real quick brb

lana-del-ray-running.gif

Edited by sugarshine

You could walk the desert with your bare feet

Climb on top of a mountain peak

We're going places. 0.1 MPH but going nonetheless

jGZIww8.gif

Edited by PoKiTaurus

• 4 weeks later...

39-CAEF52-72-C6-4-A89-9-FF4-C480-B8-E9-D

Hello everyone! @fountain and I are excited to formally announce the start date of Golden Hit Season 4 as one week from today, June 15th! As in prior seasons, we have six exciting challenges planned with a planned end date of late July.

The Season 4 thread will be posted on June 15th, and the first round is expected to start June 17th. Once the thread is posted, we’ll reveal this season’s judges, post optional introductions, and make other exciting announcements about the new season.

If you’re new to the game, feel free to check out the first three seasons, linked below, or let @fountain or I know if you have any questions. 

We can’t wait to kick off another great season of creativity, and we hope you’ll help us make this the best season yet!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

The clementine/ summertime rhyme has me shook. A vibe. 

Oh she nibbled on this for sure, so nice and breezy :spring:

• Like 1

spacer.png

🌸 Sign up for Golden Hit Season 4! Round one starts on June 17th and players can join at any point in the season 🌸

• 2 weeks later...

Walking down memory lane again and revisiting my old songs. :matty: It's amazing what new ideas and changes to sometimes awful lyrics can come with time.

Had this couplet from a rap song I wrote in 2015, "Top Level", that never really sat quite right with me:
"I’m chillin’ in the penthouse with a broken elevator
You’re in the parking lot, next to the incinerator
"

Today I decided to revise it, and I think it hits so much harder:

"I’m chillin’ in the penthouse with a broken elevator
You’re chillin’ in the morgue, off to the incinerator"

The first version doesn't even make sense... like, why would an incinerator just be in some random parking lot? :toofunny2: Now there's a comparative (I'm chillin'/You're chillin'), wordplay on chillin' itself (as morgues are kept at very low temperatures), the lyric itself is essentially a metaphor saying the subject's rap career is dead and gone, and it's a more natural lead into incinerator, enabling me to retain that initial word choice. It's even better knowing incineration (as opposed to cremation) is typically reserved for disposing of waste and trash. :jonny2:

This isn't the only lyric of this song I changed, nor the only song in my discography I've adjusted. I just felt compelled to share this excerpt as I think it's important to recognise that we're all always growing, and not to be too worried about getting that one lyric absolutely perfect right away—sometimes, good things come to those who wait. 🌸

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.