ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Golden Hit: Season 6 is finally here! 🪷

Aurora

All the ancient and previously lost seasons now being able to view again is kinda a blessing and a curse, because the nostalgia is high but it’s wild how much we (and the game!) have grown since then :dies:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hiatus

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, one week left to go :duca:

my eyes and ears are ready for another great display of the talent on here :clap3: 

On 1/14/2023 at 6:07 AM, fountain said:

Oh my, one week left to go :duca:

my eyes and ears are ready for another great display of the talent on here :clap3: 

Not long until Hit-story continues to be rewritten and recertified! :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

Good that I'm feeling like **** lately I guess :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Legend E said:

Good that I'm feeling like **** lately I guess :jonnycat:

Omg no, that’s not good at all :frown:

To be honest the start of the year can be hard, it’s a very tempestuous time for a lot of people. But you have the whole year ahead of you with plenty great things to come I’m sure, let alone your whole life. It’s definitely normal to feel like this though and I think we all do at times, but I hope things can start looking up. Hopefully we can be there to help turn these feelings around, or at the very least a distraction from them. We love you legend :heart2:

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, fountain said:

Omg no, that’s not good at all :frown:

To be honest the start of the year can be hard, it’s a very tempestuous time for a lot of people. But you have the whole year ahead of you with plenty great things to come I’m sure, let alone your whole life. It’s definitely normal to feel like this though and I think we all do at times, but I hope things can start looking up. Hopefully we can be there to help turn these feelings around, or at the very least a distraction from them. We love you legend :heart2:

Aw that's very sweet of you, thank you so much :weeps: I hope things will turn alright!

I'm so excited for the new season to begin! Here's to hoping 2023 will be another great developmental year for the Golden Hit community. :heart:

It's here, it's here! The highly anticipated return of 𝗚𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘁: 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟯! :duca:

New challenges, a new judge, and hopefully some new faces in the ATRL Songwriting community? You decide! Sign-up today ahead of tomorrow's Round 1 launch.

How can I lose if I'm already golden, like..?

spice-girls-ice-spice.gif

The first round of the new season of ATRL's hit song writing tournament game, Golden Hit, is finally here! Come and share your New Year's resolutions with us—in song form! Write about the good, bad, and ugly of 2022, and what you're looking forward to in this new year. May the Lunar New Year's Year of the Rabbit guide you! 🐇

• 2 weeks later...

Belated congratulations to @JoeAg for writing the first #1 hit of Golden Hit: Season 3, the enchanting “As the Gradient of the Sunrise Brings Us Closer to Epiphany”!

The second round of Golden Hit: Season 3 is approaching its conclusion, but it's not too late to write a song inspired by artwork generated by the AI tool Midjourney. View the post below in the Games section for all of the details:

Final hours to submit for Golden Hit S3's latest challenge: Way of Water! It's an easy, breezy, water imagery inspired challenge. Get those last minute entries through!

• 1 month later...

Emblem-Banner-S3.png

Congratulations to @TruGemini on becoming the latest winner of ATRL's Golden Hit! You can read the relevant announcement posts below:

Winners-Ribbon-S3-TruGemini.png

Well done and thank you to everyone involved for making this another wonderful experience for the ATRL songwriting community.

Plans for a fourth season of ATRL's Golden Hit are definitely on the cards, so keep an eye on this thread for more details, in time! 📀

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

hey hey hey

:gayalipacat3:

saur saur happy we have a place between seasons.

maybe I'll finish up that Rainbow High song and share it! :duca:

:rainbow:

On 3/12/2023 at 3:22 AM, sugarshine said:

hey hey hey

:gayalipacat3:

saur saur happy we have a place between seasons.

maybe I'll finish up that Rainbow High song and share it! :duca:

:rainbow:

Yes, please do! This thread was created for a multitude of reasons, to announce Golden Hit seasons being one of them of course, but its primary function is definitely aimed at giving us all a creative space to share things we are working on even when there isn't a tournament actively ongoing. I know for me personally more than ever, my creativity is unfortunately often very sporadic and short-lived in my current busy schedule (which is hopefully changing soon! :cupid:) so having a place to share any ideas or concepts I may be working on for feedback at any given time feels like a great idea to me. :heart:

I'd love to see a finished version of "Rainbow High"! Perhaps you could even go back through the other S3 or older seasons' challenges and tackle some of those in your own time as well. I've always thought that, for the most part, PH/GH challenges make great song starters regardless of there being an ongoing tournament or not, and revisiting them in our own time would be a great idea.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, Aurora said:

Yes, please do! This thread was created for a multitude of reasons, to announce Golden Hit seasons being one of them of course, but its primary function is definitely aimed at giving us all a creative space to share things we are working on even when there isn't a tournament actively ongoing. I know for me personally more than ever, my creativity is unfortunately often very sporadic and short-lived in my current busy schedule (which is hopefully changing soon! :cupid:) so having a place to share any ideas or concepts I may be working on for feedback at any given time feels like a great idea to me. :heart:

I'd love to see a finished version of "Rainbow High"! Perhaps you could even go back through the other S3 or older seasons' challenges and tackle some of those in your own time as well. I've always thought that, for the most part, PH/GH challenges make great song starters regardless of there being an ongoing tournament or not, and revisiting them in our own time would be a great idea.

Not me replying to this 2 months later :jonnycat: but we gotta remember: a bad ***** is always on arrival, even when they're late! :gaycat1: :siptea: 

Creativity can be a fickle thing and often spontaneous and uncontrolled which makes for an interesting relation to it sometimes. I have those periods of time where my sense of creativity can go through a "blackout" stage every once in a while where the juices don't flow and I feel blocked or creatively "shut down".

I think this thread is a great place to continue to access my creative energy more consistently in times when I can easily just disengage and "turn the tap off" in an unfavourable way. Breaks are needed and alllllways welcome dahling :gaycat4: but I do think I often shut my creative self out for subconscious reasons, so I really want to nurture my songwriting skills even when a Golden Hit season is not currently airing. Because I am a what? A Hollywood dahling. The lights and cameras of the Universe are always ON, sweet peas!:gayliecat1:

I'm really learning the art of consistency right now. The whole push and pull of being sooo creative 2 weeks straight like literally shitting out masterpieces back to back and then having a creative blackout for 3 whole months can be exhilarating in its own way like a rollercoaster, but very draining. And ultimately I want to incorporate songwriting more in my daily life.

I wasn't originally gonna share Rainbow High but it was so good and spoke so well to certain things, I just HAD to. :rainbow: Some songs I keep to myself understandably - it's cute to have your own little secret jewels but other times a song feels like it needs to be publicly seen... like I can't just keep this tucked away in the V A U L T. O_O

So eventually, it would be nice to revisit Rainbow High and finally complete it - it is a special song and a BOP that got away but I feel like the way things turned out... it was all meant to be because ultimately everything can possess some form of meaning.

I miss talking about creative fun stuff like this as well! :smallflower: It's probably why my posts overflow with tons to say, when you bottle things up - eventually it will spill over. Lowkey giving diary entry eleganza :celestial5: :gayalipacat1: :rofl:  I kinda like to think there is at least 1 lurker on this forum who enjoys my ramblings, the IMPACT never fades henny it forever STAYS :clap3: :jonny5:

Edited by sugarshine

After beginning to delve into TayTay Swift's marvellous discography yesterday (I literally listened to Speak Now, folklore and midnights back to back :loud:) and converting myself into my chosen cult as a newfound Swiftie (I've enjoyed her music before but never felt like I could identify myself as a "proper" fan until now, that Speak Now TV announcement left me GAGGING and lured me into their cult lair cause gorl I lurrrrve Speak Now... my teen Y E A RS. Enchanted, Sparks Fly, Back to December, Haunted LordT :flame: this bad ***** lady of an album deserrrrrRvessssssssss / lol the way I now have to use a forward slash to divide this long ass bracket up but N E WHEY... my current trinity of Taylor Swift albums from what I've heard so far go as follows: Speak Now / RED / Evermore... I'm like halfway through Evermore so it could end up overtaking SN as my #1 fave it's THAT GOOD :smitten: Midnights is my current OBSESSION :loud: though so it may surprise and end up snatching a crown in my trinity. :msmarvel:

- I have discovered newfound excitement for the creative process again due to Taylor's TalenT at songwriting/storytelling and the fac that I'm getting back into reading novels again so I am super duper inspired to craft some songs! After hearing Taylor's 1989 voice memos, I was like biiiiitch if I don't record my own songs in a public toilet with echoes acting as naturale reverb... may God relinquish my ability to write masterpieces NOW !! :sadviolin: :jonny5: :jonny3: I was like ooF I really feel the desire to write, write, write :clap3: so lego *******!!!! :duca: 

lego gif - Saugus Public Library

I just love how much of an EXPERIENCE Taylor's discography is, it's so special... like her albums are not just random... they give you story, they give you event, they give you DRAMA and give me all the juiciness I need and *takes a breath* and yah, makes me fall back in love with my own creative tendrils. :date: #imafuckingdramaqueen #peasants (not y'all btw :fan: cause let's set the record straight #imnotabitch #imabadbitch #theresadifference. so they are just the figurative peasants that I have concocted using the power of imagination and LARPing nnn come thru theaTA :gaycat3: L E G :blush: :gaycat1: :gaycat1: :gaycat1: ENDz  :gaycat2: :gaycat2: :gaycat2:  :gaycat4: nnn I'm having way too much fun with this wtf is going on, this whole ass essay and I still haven't posted the lyrics. :ahh: ugh, my THRONE is creaKing :siptea:)

-

So I have begun a project where I write songs for the rounds that I missed in Golden Hit S3. :duca: SO SO EXCITED AH

We start with Round 1 - New Year's Challenge (it's not finished yet btw):

Winter Blooms

Naked limbs of nature

Against a duvet of ivory

I fool myself with hopes and dreams

Wandering a dim forest so evergreen

Night calls after the destruction

After the harvest of my heart

A new beginning in the middle of the loss

wild blue — 7.24.20

I've always found it very peculiar how the Gregorian calendar begins with January, a new year in the middle of Winter... when Spring is right THERE :skull: you know, Spring, the time of year when NEW LIFE blooms. So that was my inspiration :laugh: Winter Blooms talks about how difficult it can be to start anew during a period of loss and an absence of life, which I feel some of us may struggle with in the New Year almost subconsciously. Like... nature is not in synchronicity with the New Year we celebrate in society, and I feel that could cause some underlying conflict between what we follow as a society versus nature itself. I feel like biologically-speaking we could be at war with ourselves by trying to begin the New Year in literally the middle of winter :rip: instead of blooming naturally with the rest of Earth's ecosystem at the Spring Equinox. Just my :lee: We pressure ourselves so much to get stuff done and be energised in January, February, even most of March... when biologically... naturally... that might be a more appropriate time to rest and hibernate instead of becoming more active when the sunlight is covered by the clouds (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).

Interestingly enough, I started writing Winter Blooms and unintentionally made it have some folklore/evermore influences so that's kinda cool. The subconscious mind really shows itself when you songwrite :whistle:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the song unravels or rather, blooms:fonso:

Winter Blooms is a play on Winter Blues - how many people feel melancholy in wintertime. The title change from Winter Bloom to Winter Blooms was actually a typo, but the typo was so good I turned it into the song title because I am a legend. I am ARTPOP :gaygacat7:

ahhhh this is so much fun. I miss being creative, I LOVE IT :butterfly: (it's part of the reason why I have so much fun typing up these posts, I love being creative with the mundane!)

:spring:

Stay tuned for more updates on the creative process from me, your favourite hoe, sugarshine! :rainbow: :heart:

Edited by sugarshine

"Your heart is in your throat and I'm speaking my mind" 

Still my fave lyrics from Michelle Branch. 

On 5/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, sugarshine said:

So I have begun a project where I write songs for the rounds that I missed in Golden Hit S3. :duca: SO SO EXCITED AH

We start with Round 1 - New Year's Challenge:

Winter Blooms

Naked limbs of nature

Against a duvet of ivory

I fool myself with hopes and dreams

Wandering a dim forest so evergreen

Night calls after the destruction

After the harvest of my heart

A new beginning in the middle of the loss

wild blue — 7.24.20

I've always found it very peculiar how the Gregorian calendar begins with January, a new year in the middle of Winter... when Spring is right THERE :skull: you know, Spring, the time of year when NEW LIFE blooms. So that was my inspiration :laugh: Winter Blooms talks about how difficult it can be to start anew during a period of loss and an absence of life, which I feel some of us may struggle with in the New Year almost subconsciously. Like... nature is not in synchronicity with the New Year we celebrate in society, and I feel that could cause some underlying conflict between what we follow as a society versus nature itself. I feel like biologically-speaking we could be at war with ourselves by trying to begin the New Year in literally the middle of winter :rip: instead of blooming naturally with the rest of Earth's ecosystem at the Spring Equinox. Just my :lee: We pressure ourselves so much to get stuff done and be energised in January, February, even most of March... when biologically... naturally... that might be a more appropriate time to rest and hibernate instead of becoming more active when the sunlight is covered by the clouds (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).

Interestingly enough, I started writing Winter Blooms and unintentionally made it have some folklore/evermore influences so that's kinda cool. The subconscious mind really shows itself when you songwrite :whistle:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the song unravels or rather, blooms:fonso:

Winter Blooms is a play on Winter Blues - how many people feel melancholy in wintertime. The title change from Winter Bloom to Winter Blooms was actually a typo, but the typo was so good I turned it into the song title because I am a legend. I am ARTPOP :gaygacat7:

ahhhh this is so much fun. I miss being creative, I LOVE IT :butterfly: (it's part of the reason why I have so much fun typing up these posts, I love being creative with the mundane!)

:spring:

Stay tuned for more updates on the creative process from me, your favourite hoe, sugarshine! :rainbow: :heart:

Ahh I love this and I hope you continue to do it for the other rounds that you missed out on! Season 3’s challenges were pretty open to interpretation so I’m intrigued to see where you can take these themes… especially with how creative your entries are regardless :jonnycat:

Winter Blooms sounds really nice, and does evoke that folklore style imagery and poetic nature. Loves it. Did you write a full song for it or is this just the starting point? Either way it’s indicative or another great song by you, and one that really shows your writing diversity too, since it’s pretty different to your season 3 entries and leans in more to the poetic side. Exciting to see :duca:

On 5/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, PoKiTaurus said:

"Your heart is in your throat and I'm speaking my mind" 

Still my fave lyrics from Michelle Branch. 

I’m not familiar with this song but she kinda went in with the lyrics! “I don’t know whose side I’m taking, but I’m not taking things too well” ooo we love a pensive anthem 

Side note: tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Golden Hit and I have a few little updates to coincide :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.