Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Bigger: Alanis or Avril?

Featured Replies

58 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Alanis and it's not close

And so not true. Avril outsold her. 

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avril and it's not even close

 

Alanis only has one 10M+ selling album, whereas Avril has 3.

 

Avril has more hits also.

Alanis had a bigger peak i think, JLP was huge but then her next studio album underperformed and the next albums werent sucessful in sales.

 

Avril wasnt as big but has been able to maintain succesful sales with her first albums I belive, so it's Avril 

 

Both women are incredible songwriters and singers and left their mark in the music industry 

53 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

And Alanis opened for Avril's tour in 2004 :rip:

ANYWAYS :rip: /endthread

Edited by Melancholy

51 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Avril and it's not even close

 

Alanis only has one 10M+ selling album, whereas Avril has 3.

 

Avril has more hits also.

The stats have spoken

Avril.

Alanis feels like a one era wonder while Avril collected hits in different eras around the world 

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

Avril opening to MGK it’s a massive management mistake but it doesn’t erase her legacy.

Everybody change the name to your fav & add the mistake but keep the second half of the sentence. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Power love

Alanis has more than 1 known song. Her long Breaks from 2008 to 2012 and 2012 to 2020 did not help her career.

Avril.. 

 

I can't even think of more than one song of Alanis 

Alanis

 

jagged little pill outsell

 

But I do feel Avril is more well known and I think she’s making a comeback with the new generation 

 

Alanis

 

I mean, I like Avril but she's opening for a new artist in 2022 :rip: Alanis would never

4 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Alanis

 

I mean, I like Avril but she's opening for a new artist in 2022 :rip: Alanis would never

Alanis was an opening act in 2005 :rip:

6 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

I’m pretty sure everybody thinks that Alanis is the bigger and more respected artist. 

Why would they think that when they don't even know her? :rip: At least in my country. 

 

Avril is a global legend, let's not.

Avril, obviously

 

Alanis never even managed to establish a core fanbase either. 

Some of Avril's own fans calling Alanis bigger :dies: what kind of drugs are you on, buddies?

 

Avril will forever be bigger and more known, especially now after her resurgence with Gen Z

3 hours ago, mypaintoyou said:

Alanis

 

jagged little pill outsell

 

But I do feel Avril is more well known and I think she’s making a comeback with the new generation 

 

Well, but Avril's overall sales are bigger than Alanis tho. She's third best selling Canadian artist of all time only behind Celine and Shania. 

48 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Alanis was an opening act in 2005 :rip:

And funny she opened for Avril :eli: .

 

Idk why people made fun of Avril being an opening act for MGK while she's doing a sold out arena WW tour. It's not like she has to do that. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.