K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

You really think I-land was a flop show? :rip: And let’s not act like they sold like that in their debut mini…they’ve grown with each subsequent comeback like any other bg nowadays but somehow you’re only fixated on ENHYPEN. You’re underestimating the size of their fanbase, especially coming out of a globally voted reality show.

honestly I can’t tell who’s the center. One second Minji and Hyein seem to be front and center and then Haerin comes out of nowhere. These children are dangerous to have so much confidence and camera-ready presence at this young age lol. If they keep up with good music, good timing and consistent releases, they’ll be unstoppable. 

absolutely, I see big things for the girls in the future if they manage to stay away from any scandals. Though right now I think it's a bit rotational between Minji, Haerin and Hyein as the visual/center.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PowerGarlic said:

The way Le Sserafim are gonna make y’all faves pack their bags, leave their dorms and disband like what they did to Haruka (and Garam). It’s over. :jonny3:

did they just edit it this way or did one of the Source employees tell Haruka to pack her bags like 10 seconds after she was cut?? :rip: I was screaming

One of the most underrated members of Seventeen is getting his solo :jonny:

Not a fan of that vocal processing….but this crazy TALENTED performer with a beautiful vocal tone and gorgeous visual finally getting his shine is something to celebrate :clap3:

Hope y’all will check it out hihi 

Blackpink revival was faster than Jesus.

Yesterday was their funeral, now they are back on top of the world where they belong!!!

59 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You really think I-land was a flop show? :rip: And let’s not act like they sold like that in their debut mini…they’ve grown with each subsequent comeback like any other bg nowadays but somehow you’re only fixated on ENHYPEN. You’re underestimating the size of their fanbase, especially coming out of a globally voted reality show.

I also mentioned NMIXX, a group that for no reason is not questioned by their album sales but somehow the company that has always sold the most amount of album sales back before saviors of kpop BTS and BP debuted have "fishy" sales:rip:

I just realized New Jeans really are BLACKPINK's successors :jonny5:

they just served their BOOMBAYAH/WHISTLE moment with not just 2 title tracks but 3 (Attention, Hype Boy & cookie) all smashing too :jonny5:

newjeans-hyein.gif

32 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

I also mentioned NMIXX, a group that for no reason is not questioned by their album sales but somehow the company that has always sold the most amount of album sales back before saviors of kpop BTS and BP debuted have "fishy" sales:rip:

Idgaf about Nmixx, but nothing about ENHYPEN’s gradual increase in album sales is fishy. 

3 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

both SM & YG scrambling only for Bad Bunny to get another week at #1 :deadbanana::ahh:  

Nah. The Army (not the fake BTS Army, the Britney Army) are going to start supporting BlackPink tomorrow to help push for the #1 in hopes Blinks will help support Hold Me Closer (since BTS stans are trying to sabotage Hold Me Closer to make that awful Jungkpok song a hit). 

Bad Bunny ain’t hitting that #1 :coffee2: 

21 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

both SM & YG scrambling only for Bad Bunny to get another week at #1 :deadbanana::ahh:  

:bibliahh:
Regardless of who gets #1 this week has been so funny, kpop needs more moments like these, we want entertainment since the music ain't giving :gaycat:

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

You really think I-land was a flop show? :rip: 

It was a flop show.  Both in terms of ratings, streams and corporate image.  The bad publicity the show's production generated wasn't even enough to get curious clicks.  Executives lost their jobs because of the flopping.  That they're delaying the contractually obligated I-land2 is confirmation that Garam will be the show's center they don't know exactly what can be done to make sure the problems with the show aren't repeated.  But with 5 billion internet users, you always have a chance to skim enough thirsty ones for the group to be a success somewhere.   Heck, Kep1er is big in Japan, for instance.

:cm:

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

oh word?

when they pull up you know its a shut downnnn

7e2d1bfe148150373d7d3467e99a6cfaf90de6ba

im expecting the other female group to do 2M too, since their fans are saying they are lacking promo compared to NJ and IVE, so like Blackpink they should hit more 2M too

well hope they dont forget the streams too lol

7e2d1bfe148150373d7d3467e99a6cfaf90de6ba

3 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Is Hyein meant to be the center in NJ? I see her the most in the middle so i'm wondering if that's how she's being pushed. Or is it because she is actually a model turned singer so they think she looks best in the middle? Who is the center in this group anyway?

I think they don’t have official positions and it feels like Haerin is the centre for now with her being in the middle of every chorus of all of their singles

but Hyein has the most lines, I think, which I can understand, because the girlie is ready to snap on the camera on every moment and has nice voice for her age, they all have actually 

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

honestly I can’t tell who’s the center. One second Minji and Hyein seem to be front and center and then Haerin comes out of nowhere. These children are dangerous to have so much confidence and camera-ready presence at this young age lol. If they keep up with good music, good timing and consistent releases, they’ll be unstoppable. 

yeah, big things are ahead of them if they keep current direction 

52 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

they just served their BOOMBAYAH/WHISTLE moment with not just 2 title tracks but 3 (Attention, Hype Boy & cookie) all smashing too :jonny5:

newjeans-hyein.gif

of course they are, they still have 3 song in Melon top10, both Hype Boy and Attention had above 1m daily streams on Spotify for over a month (before TTH too), they are effortlesly cool, have great visuals, stage presence, new sound - you better hop on board before they fully blow up! 

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

newjeans-hyein.gif

NJ is more 2NE1

triple title tracks (Fire, I Dont Care, Lollipop)

19 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

It was a flop show.  Both in terms of ratings, streams and corporate image.  The bad publicity the show's production generated wasn't even enough to get curious clicks.  Executives lost their jobs because of the flopping.  That they're delaying the contractually obligated I-land2 is confirmation that Garam will be the show's center they don't know exactly what can be done to make sure the problems with the show aren't repeated.  But with 5 billion internet users, you always have a chance to skim enough thirsty ones for the group to be a success somewhere.   Heck, Kep1er is big in Japan, for instance.

:cm:

Ok now you’re getting into all the analytics aspect of this and I couldn’t care less. That user was saying ENHYPEN’s sales seem fishy so I said that can’t be true because that show garnered them a fanbase that only grew after they debuted under HYBE/Belift. They even did well in Japan. So at the end of the day, they benefitted from the show immensely so it can’t be a complete “flop”. 

also talking about I-land 2, Garam being the center of the show after being proven innocent…how iconic. Ha redemption arc is coming :gaycat6:

Edited by Witnessed ET

its cute how big western artists fan accounts are supporting and rooting for the pinks to get that #1 but the korean stans of other groups are so against them and are even streaming bad bunny just to block the pinks:toofunny3:

3 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I just realized that Sullyoon and Karina are the only official visuals I've ever heard be able to actually hold a tune. Vocally talented visuals is such a rarity.

among new groups? cause jaejoong was a competent vocalist too 

Sullyoon might be THE ultimate visual of 4th gen. She got one of the best visual ( prettier than even Wonyoung imo) while also miles ahead in terms of vocals compared to other visual members. The way she effortlessly slayed the high notes live :jonny5: