• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

The deluded streets are saying Jimin of BTS X Normani is coming:bibliahh:

they both posted working with Tommy Brown within like a day of each other. And I guess Jimins producers posted they were listening to Normani yesterday lol

he was gagged by her infamous LL performance 

Edited by Khamis

15 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Becky sis…and what was the interviewer doing asking her that to begin with?

cuca-sassy1.thumb.gif.44a00c5553918ecbbd

Edited by orange22

15 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Mostly her. 

Yikes. I’m just guessing here but I think she has massive anxiety now that it’s been so long, she knows it has to be amazing after all her talk and years of waiting. She might prefer not to release at all now. But if I were RCA and it’s true she is the cause I would look to drop her now tbh

15 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Mostly her. 

:rip: well at least it’s not because she’s being dropped

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

:rip: well at least it’s not because she’s being dropped

You were the only one making that assumption and I clocked you :rip: just say that

4 hours ago, Khamis said:

The deluded streets are saying Jimin of BTS X Normani is coming:bibliahh:

they both posted working with Tommy Brown within like a day of each other. And I guess Jimins producers posted they were listening to Normani yesterday lol

he was gagged by her infamous LL performance 

saw that but don't want to get my hopes up.

Edited by jdanton2

9 minutes ago, NormaniReign said:

I wonder if this is about Brandon 

Too vague tbh. And he was just posting about Mani two days ago lol.

• ATRL Moderator
On 8/12/2022 at 11:36 AM, wildsidenormani said:

Delayed again.

It was supposed to be out July 15th, and then it was pushed to August 12th. 

At this point it’s time we all move on. 

23 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Mostly her. 

And she has the nerve to get mad at fans who have grown impatient :dies:

A complete disaster.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:21 PM, cliche_display said:

Because insiders (which are probably people who work for her or friends with people who work for her) keep popping up in Normani threads like this one across the internet to reposition the blame on her

She also feeds into it with the “I need time and am scared to release” narrative she gives off in interviews. 

Anyone with a brain knows that she’s not the whole issue as a contracted artist who doesn’t own her music. Especially when she has (questionable) mgmt representatives all around her but a lot of fans are young and simple.

I know her team sees a lot of the conversation around them. PSA: her team sucks, still. 

What I say? Like clockwork

mostly her

Anyone who can not look at this situation and see that RCA is jerking her and her team is impotent is literally batsh8t 

Like what happened to this?

What was this about?

What about this?

Let's not forget this

Her team is lit. er. ally. hot. garbage

I don't get why some people resist admitting this. It's painfully obvious.

They are a directionless, useless ******* mess. It's not even funny or debatable.

Edited by cliche_display

On 8/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, wildsidenormani said:

Mostly her. 

I’m ngl I will never understand how she has enough power to do this lmao. Her label is extremely nice to a fault. I’ve never seen anything like it.

1 minute ago, Chemical X. said:

I’m ngl I will never understand how she has enough power to do this lmao. Her label is extremely nice to a fault. I’ve never seen anything like it.

My point actually was that she likely does not have that much control and that the "insiders" are friends of her team doing damage control for the obvious incompetence behind the scenes.

also don’t understand the idea that there’s some grand conspiracy by atrl insiders to place the blame at Normani’s feet. that’s silly.

Just now, cliche_display said:

My point actually was that she likely does not have that much control and that the "insiders" are friends of her team doing damage control for the obvious incompetence behind the scenes.

who sends damage control to atrl lmao. does that really make sense to you?

I think people def report info from their perspective/the perspective of their source but at the end of the day nothing can convince me there’s some grand conspiracy. I’m always someone who tends to believe a problem is multi-faceted, but Mani herself has even mentioned delaying things to seek perfection, and if that’s even a little bit true, it’s always been confusing to me.

also don’t understand the idea that there’s some grand conspiracy by atrl insiders to place the blame at Normani’s feet. that’s silly.

It's not a conspiracy. Her team is useless af. It's really obvious actually. Wtf?

who sends damage control to atrl lmao. does that really make sense to you?

I think people def report info from their perspective/the perspective of their source but at the end of the day nothing can convince me there’s some grand conspiracy. I’m always someone who tends to believe a problem is multi-faceted, but Mani herself has even mentioned delaying things to seek perfection, and if that’s even a little bit true, it’s always been confusing to me.

Does it make sense to you to think Normani has a competent team and a supportive label? Really does that make sense to you?

5 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Because insiders (which are probably people who work for her or friends with people who work for her) keep popping up in Normani threads like this one across the internet to reposition the blame on her

You have absolutely nothing of value to add to this thread apart from your far-fetched conspiracy theories.

Why do you seem to have such a hard time believing that a large proportion of the blame shouldn't fall on her when she herself has openly admitted to being a 'perfectionist' and being her 'own worst enemy'? The label sent Candy Paint to DSPs around the middle of May and had a release date which was then pushed to July and then to August, and now pushed further. What is there to be gained by doing 'damage control' when a large proportion of her fan base is starting to/has already moved on? Why would this so called damage control be done on ATRL? Her team have already cemented their image of being horrendously incompetent - any 'damage control' would be completely obsolete; no ATRL insider can undo the image they've created for themselves.

The other 'insiders' on this thread and I do not care about her or her team enough to want to do damage control. 

5 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Does it make sense to you to think Normani has a competent team and a supportive label? Really does that make sense to you?

Normani being the reason for delays and her having a bad team/label are NOT mutually exclusive things. Please use your critical thinking skills. That fact of the matter is that both she AND her team are terrible. 

Weighing in quickly on the “it’s normani’s team’s fault” narrative in here, I think that’s false. Brandon was messy with Anitta at first but right when Envolver went viral for like a couple days, he JUMPED into action and hasn’t stopped since. He knows what he’s doing when the artist consistently releases music. No shade!

More ranting on this topic in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, all Normani releases have went decent outside Fair (which we should just ignore like she and her people have). Normani cared “so much” about Fair but barely even pushed it herself. That should let you know what happens when she’s in the driver seat of releasing “music she personally cares about”. :deadbanana4:

On the second hand, this will always be 80% RCA’s fault because if they told Normani that album needs to come out this week, IT’S DROPPING THAT WEEK whether she wants it or not. RCA doesn’t seem very invested in Normani and we can just assume she’s been sent to the back. As people forget Fifth Harmony was even a thing, Normani’s (and all the 5h girls not named Camila) pre-album 1 value/priority decreases in the world. They have not given music industry people many new reasons to be invested behind the scenes. 

Good News: Normani is doing either a photoshoot, a video shoot, or getting ready for a VMA performance based on her last IG follow.

Within the last week, Normani followed a fashion designer who has made outfits which Teyana Taylor & Ciara have worn recently. Additionally, when Ciara wore their looks for Sports illustrated, the stylist on the shoot was Kollin Carter (aka Normani’s main stylist). It’s fair to assume Normani is doing fittings or creating something right now. 

EDIT: Even more proof, Normani wore them in the past, but only *just now* followed them? Timing is a bit too convenient. https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccgd3MdPhSV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Flare

Brandon has had quite a few talents part ways with him. He’s like a revolving door. 

20 minutes ago, Flare said:

Weighing in quickly on the “it’s normani’s team’s fault” narrative in here, I think that’s false. Brandon was messy with Anitta at first but right when Envolver went viral for like a couple days, he JUMPED into action and hasn’t stopped since. He knows what he’s doing when the artist consistently releases music. No shade!

More ranting on this topic in the spoiler:

Hide contents

Also, all Normani releases have went decent outside Fair (which we should just ignore like she and her people have). Normani cared “so much” about Fair but barely even pushed it herself. That should let you know what happens when she’s in the driver seat of releasing “music she personally cares about”. :deadbanana4:

On the second hand, this will always be 80% RCA’s fault because if they told Normani that album needs to come out this week, IT’S DROPPING THAT WEEK whether she wants it or not. RCA doesn’t seem very invested in Normani and we can just assume she’s been sent to the back. As people forget Fifth Harmony was even a thing, Normani’s (and all the 5h girls not named Camila) pre-album 1 value/priority decreases in the world. They have not given music industry people many new reasons to be invested behind the scenes. 

Good News: Normani is doing either a photoshoot, a video shoot, or getting ready for a VMA performance based on her last IG follow.

Within the last week, Normani followed a fashion designer who has made outfits which Teyana Taylor & Ciara have worn recently. Additionally, when Ciara wore their looks for Sports illustrated, the stylist on the shoot was Kollin Carter (aka Normani’s main stylist). It’s fair to assume Normani is doing fittings or creating something right now. 

EDIT: Even more proof, Normani wore them in the past, but only *just now* followed them? Timing is a bit too convenient. https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccgd3MdPhSV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I don’t think Fair was all her though. Why would she film a video for it and make that video about fan video submissions only to axe it? That clearly was label intervention to me.

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I don’t think Fair was all her though. Why would she film a video for it and make that video about fan video submissions only to axe it? That clearly was label intervention to me.

Because the label finally intervened and let her know Fair was NOT IT.

I can tell they had low confidence because look how far out they put the radio adds date. Radio adds dates are always almost the Tuesday after the release these days.

Labels only push the date out to leave room to scrape it or it’s a super new artist that isn’t being prioritized at the label yet. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.