Normani

URBAN

7 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

maybe next Friday before the VMAs on Sunday

The way she has to BEG to get a performance at the VMAs last year. I highly doubt it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

12 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

:dies:

That's why I'm a little confused. We're so accustomed to her routine so for her to not drop anything after doing all this...would be weird. I doubt anything is coming this week but maybe next Friday before the VMAs on Sunday? Or if not, then sometimes early September?

I really hope so. Maybe she’ll go super traditional and just present at the VMAs and use the opportunity to plug her new single, if one is coming. She has to be going for her nominations, at a minimum.

1 hour ago, Power love said:

The way she has to BEG to get a performance at the VMAs last year. I highly doubt it.

I don't think she's going to the VMAs.

Side note: If I said Doja is doing better than Normani in here no one would bat an eye because it's objectively true. Yet if someone says Motivation the song has more streams than some artists' albums in the NORMANI thread then all this thinly veiled jealousy comes out :laugh: You undercover haters need to cut the charades. Last year Normani said she wasn't invited in response to Cardi. Then MTV made a spot for her and nominated her. Normani has 4 maybe 5 VMA wins in her career and has performed at the show in 4 different years. Plus she's nominated 3 times this year. MTV and her have some kind of relationship. Let's cut the crap. It's not like she's Tinashe or something who can only book hosting gigs outside of the show lol. Normani has trended at 4 of the last 5 ceremonies, having been there only 3 of those 4 times. 2017 - the split. 2018-courtesy of Nicki 2019-Motivation 2021- Wild Side. That's the only show that seems to embrace her CULTURAL relevance as a whole.

I actually think part of Normani's career trouble boils down to the fact that her team is not able to fully appreciate or leverage her cultural position as a would-have-been black pop star. Brandon at 26 did not have the skill to navigate the difficulty of her being a black woman who came out of a pop group in the face of a cutthroat, racially biased, schizo entertainment industry. Because as much difficulty as I'm sure that was, there was also a lot of opportunity for her to fill a void as a unique image in pop music in the right hands. Lizzo is doing it now kind of, and no offense but Normani is more conventionally attractive in terms of being a pop star. What Lizzo has is that she raps too (rap is obviously on trend now), she's on a better label, and maybe the fact that she's plus sized makes her less threatening to the mainstream than a "sexier" dark skinned black girl. Lauryn Hill was a pure vocalist. Brandy fit the girl next girl archetype but Normani emerged first with "it" girl packaging which is not common in an industry that typically elevates lighter and whiter aesthetics in women. Frankly dark skin has always had enemies culturally in the west.  Just look around ATRL. Look in this very thread. A lot of western culture idolizes light skin for no reason at all, along with whiteness, or biracialness, etc. whether covertly or overtly. That's why the goalpost is always moving when it comes to Normani. I genuinely believe that's where the double standard comes from. Normani debuting well is not good enough but for anyone else it would be the beginning of a bright future. Normani's timing is only an excuse to berate her for a lot of people, if bias itself is not the very reason her timing is weird to begin with (RCA). The bias is so bad that the commentary assumes it's baked into executive decisions at her label.  Latto and Doja and HER and every other mixed woman on RCA can get started with dud songs and albums and still get promo dollars. Meanwhile her first outing is a duet that goes top ten, she debuts top 40 solo,  but she has to go #1 in one week to be worth continued investment from her label? It's crazy really. 

Look at what's happening to SZA even and she's on the same label and has a hit album...

Edited by cliche_display

Normani did say she's going through issues in her personal life so maybe that's why she overreacted to the fan. 

I hope she's not sick or something. Most of yall would feel like **** if you found out something was wrong.

23 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Normani did say she's going through issues in her personal life so maybe that's why she overreacted to the fan. 

I hope she's not sick or something. Most of yall would feel like **** if you found out something was wrong.

Girl stop, nothing will justify the years of mess. Now y’all are hypothesizing she has a what.. terminal illness? Of course I would hope not but we are truly in the pits now :deadbanana4: 

21 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Girl stop, nothing will justify the years of mess. Now y’all are hypothesizing she has a what.. terminal illness? Of course I would hope not but we are truly in the pits now :deadbanana4: 

Well she said something was wrong.

From the outside it looks like her biggest personal issues are being signed to RCA and hiring Brandon Silverstein to help navigate her career but what do I know?

Edited by cliche_display

5 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Did she read that tweet :dancehall:

I think she meant the album card won’t decline either…

haven’t been keeping up with her in the past few weeks, any new updates on candy paint? :)

On 6/10/2022 at 5:35 PM, Modus said:

Album pushed to fall, pre-order still coming. 

How does that saying go? 30th time’s a charm. :flower:

29 minutes ago, orange22 said:

"Girl the leaves turning brown in a couple of weeks"

omg it's sending me. :lmao: 

Yea Mani, your album card won't decline

charts discussion] US: Hold My Hand debuts #82 - Page 5 - Charts & Sales -  ATRL

I'm assuming that's her fit at the CLUB RENAISSANCE party by the way (that happened 10 days ago).

50 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

charts discussion] US: Hold My Hand debuts #82 - Page 5 - Charts & Sales -  ATRL

This gif has got me HOLLERING. :dies:

Thank you for bringing the humor to all the demise that is this thread (and her career). 

Edited by Crank_It_Up

3 hours ago, tachiwaka said:

announcement Friday :coffee2:

My goodness why is she still on Twitter replying to people :rip: 

Also she was literally recording with Ryan Tedder a few weeks ago, how likely is it that there is a completed, finalized album at all?

Her making tweets like this followed by eight months of radio silence just further pisses people off.

How hard is it to put out a statement that goes something like "I have heard the chatter and speculation about what's going on with new music. I just want you all to know that I recently decided to change directions of my music as a solo artist. I want to release music that truly reflects who I am so I need a bit more time. And yes, a full album is in the works, but you can't rush art. You will hear it loud and clear from me when it's time for me to release a new single. In the meantime here's a Spotify link to all my previously released singles. Love you guys."

Instead we get "**** you" tweets.

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

This gif has got me HOLLERING. :dies:

Thank you for bringing the humor to all the demise that is this thread (and her career). 

I'm glad I can make some of you laugh at times. These are hard times to be a Normani stan 

4 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

I'm assuming that's her fit at the CLUB RENAISSANCE party by the way (that happened 10 days ago).

Yes, I’m assuming so as well. 

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

My goodness why is she still on Twitter replying to people :rip: 

Also she was literally recording with Ryan Tedder a few weeks ago, how likely is it that there is a completed, finalized album at all?

Her making tweets like this followed by eight months of radio silence just further pisses people off.

How hard is it to put out a statement that goes something like "I have heard the chatter and speculation about what's going on with new music. I just want you all to know that I recently decided to change directions of my music as a solo artist. I want to release music that truly reflects who I am so I need a bit more time. And yes, a full album is in the works, but you can't rush art. You will hear it loud and clear from me when it's time for me to release a new single. In the meantime here's a Spotify link to all my previously released singles. Love you guys."

Instead we get "**** you" tweets.

Reliable people in this Base claim an album’s been done for awhile, it was assumed to have been playing at the Fair release party in March where the 1st Candy Paint snippet originated from.

It honestly woulda made more sense to release CP when she dropped Fair so it could have the summer and release Fair now so it goes into the fall when people are actually in their feelings

19 minutes ago, Topaz said:

It honestly woulda made more sense to release CP when she dropped Fair so it could have the summer and release Fair now so it goes into the fall when people are actually in their feelings

This :toofunny3: or Fair in January when she started teasing it and Candy Paint by March/April

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.