Normani

URBAN

9 hours ago, Power love said:

Such a dumb thing to do! It had hit written all over it & way better than motivation.

I totally disagree and I really like the song. The music landscape is different now but I can't see Checklist performing well on radio then.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

43 minutes ago, remming said:

I totally disagree and I really like the song. The music landscape is different now but I can't see Checklist performing well on radio then.

It was the highest stream song on that EP & the song has hype between it with fans. Radio would have eaten this up!

Plot twist.

The album is being reworked for the 50/11 time so that Normani can hop on the new house trend. 

@Modus already confirmed that a Fair video was shot and was given to the label but they don't know why they haven't released it

1 hour ago, Power love said:

It was the highest stream song on that EP & the song has hype between it with fans. Radio would have eaten this up!

It was put into playlists when it was released and the streaming for it was not great :laugh: and there were no songs on the radio with a sound similar to Checklist. I really don't agree. Maybe in the UK where that type of sound is a lot more common but in America, I can't see it.

The delays are unnecessary and I think it compromises the creativity as well as harms the excitement. 

Normani does not need to break history or be extraordinary. I see no harm in RCA putting out an album of 10 songs with good production, lyrics and vocals. All parties involved are capable of that. Release the album in 2022 or leave that label.

My god where is Normani ffs

could this delay be a contract thing? Because Normani and the 4h girls have never released albums at all.. maybe is she waiting for a green flag so she can start her album campaign with the real lead (candy paint)?

she’s throwing her career on the trash can day by day

13 minutes ago, Hidden said:

My god where is Normani ffs

could this delay be a contract thing? Because Normani and the 4h girls have never released albums at all.. maybe is she waiting for a green flag so she can start her album campaign with the real lead (candy paint)?

she’s throwing her career on the trash can day by day

Even though we can blame Normani for many things, I'm veeery sure there's something legal stoping the girls from releasing albums. It makes no sense to me the fact that none of them got to put one out, besides the fact that the industry treated them all very badly after 5H ended. It's like something got in their way from ever achieving another type of success. :eli:

It’s really crazy to think of then and look at now. Like… it’s insane to me she started so strong and stalled herself like this. 

6 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Even though we can blame Normani for many things, I'm veeery sure there's something legal stoping the girls from releasing albums. It makes no sense to me the fact that none of them got to put one out, besides the fact that the industry treated them all very badly after 5H ended. It's like something got in their way from ever achieving another type of success. :eli:

That simply doesn’t make sense. And none of the 4 girls say anything? Mind you, Lauren has released projects. I just don’t check for them but they surely count as albums 

25 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Mani just delays constantly and there isn’t as big of a demand for albums from the other 3. Pretty sure Dinah’s having trouble putting out material after getting dropped from LA Reid’s label and it’s a lot tougher for Ally and Lauren as indie artists now too. 

20 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

That simply doesn’t make sense. And none of the 4 girls say anything? Mind you, Lauren has released projects. I just don’t check for them but they surely count as albums 

You aware NDA exist right? They could def get into even more trouble if they say anything. 

LaPolt recalled initially opening the girl group's eyes to the situation. "I sat the girls in a hotel conference room and for five hours educated them on trademarks, copyrights and rights of publicity. Then I educated them about every agreement they signed, which [were] the worst I've ever seen in the music business." That sentiment was echoed by member Lauren Jauregui who recalled instances of the group breaking down in tears over fatigue and stress. "They took advantage," she shared. "Like, 'Get in there and record this, you thing." Dinah Jane Hansen added, "We were little girls coming off of a TV show and had a team of people trying to sculpt us into something we weren't." Source.

I hardly believe LaPolt was able to undo many discloures they had previously signed. They came from TV. 

And releasing mixtapes/EPs does not equal to releasing albums. I can't explain why but I'm sure you can find an answer somewhere on the internet. 

Perfectionism leads to procrastination! I actually believe @wildsidenormani and @WheresJay when they’ve recently said it’s mostly her who’s caused recent delays. Both Motivation and Wild Side were pushed back months too so it’s not like it’s out of character for her.

6 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

You aware NDA exist right? They could def get into even more trouble if they say anything. 

I hardly believe LaPolt was able to undo many discloures they had previously signed. They came from TV. 

And releasing mixtapes/EPs does not equal to releasing albums. I can't explain why but I'm sure you can find an answer somewhere on the internet. 

I just don’t believe that? I think the other 3 would’ve released if their material had done better commercially when they were signed to bigger labels and Mani still has the bigger base but just keeps pushing things back. We’ve had reliable people on this forum insist an album’s been done for several months now.

40 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

It’s really crazy to think of then and look at now. Like… it’s insane to me she started so strong and stalled herself like this. 

Well no shade but the problem was that she didn't start strong enough. "Motivation" only peaked at #33. It ended up having good streams in the long-run but at the time it was considered a flop. THAT SAID, [REDACTED] flopped with her debut single too and then they quickly relased [REDACTED] feat. Young Thug and that ended up a huge success.

What happened in 2020 and the first half of 2021 for Normani to not release any other single (aside from the Megan collab for Birds of Prey) is very fishy. I would love to know what behind the scenes BS went down. Because one girl got the opportunity immediately to redeem herself after a flop. The other had to wait two years.

Just now, Protocol said:

Well no shade but the problem was that she didn't start strong enough. "Motivation" only peaked at #33. It ended up having good streams in the long-run but at the time it was considered a flop. THAT SAID, [REDACTED] flopped with her debut single too and then they quickly relased [REDACTED] feat. Young Thug and that ended up a huge success.

What happened in 2020 and the first half of 2021 for Normani to not release any other single (aside from the Megan collab for Birds of Prey) is very fishy. I would love to know what behind the scenes BS went down. Because one girl got the opportunity immediately to redeem herself after a flop. The other had to wait two years.

Motivation was a great start and it definitely had impact. Not everything has to be #1 right away, but even that she stopped promoting beyond the first 2 weeks so. She would still be in a much better place had the music kept coming cause she had peoples attention. It’s silly to me that if Motivation had debuted at #1 for example she’d have released an album but instead she went the route of “I have nothing to say yet/it’s not ready” for 3 years 

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

Motivation was huge. It didn’t see more chart success because they abandoned the song 2 weeks later. It was way bigger than Hair’s first single. If they had done a regular promo schedule for someone who’s trying to get a hit, I’m sure it would’ve been at least a top 20. I guess this is complementary to what your saying. RCA should’ve made her do the same things Doja was doing. 

18 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

The reason it makes no sense is because Normani has been teasing an album for 4 years. If she were blocked contractually because of 5H that would be an insane way to promote oneself. 

Rather her label RCA is not pushing an album out and S10 is a weak company on her behalf.

18 hours ago, Protocol said:

Yes I think Motivation didn't do as well as they hoped and then after Normani was dealing with her mom's cancer coming back and she simply didn't care to focus on music. I don't believe there's any legal reason why the other girls can't release. They all just flopped and labels aren't releasing albums or songs like they use to. They want to make sure the things they are releasing will make some profit. Now Lauren is fully independent. She can release an album now if she wanted but she was complaining about how much everything costs on ig live months ago. I don't even think Dinah is even signed anymore?

Anyways someone asked Meg at a meet and greet about Normani and she confirmed Normani is going through something so let's just hope everything with her mom and the rest of her family is OK.

24 minutes ago, remming said:

Yes I think Motivation didn't do as well as they hoped and then after Normani was dealing with her mom's cancer coming back and she simply didn't care to focus on music. I don't believe there's any legal reason why the other girls can't release. They all just flopped and labels aren't releasing albums or songs like they use to. They want to make sure the things they are releasing will make some profit. Now Lauren is fully independent. She can release an album now if she wanted but she was complaining about how much everything costs on ig live months ago. I don't even think Dinah is even signed anymore?

Anyways someone asked Meg at a meet and greet about Normani and she confirmed Normani is going through something so let's just hope everything with her mom and the rest of her family is OK.

I really hope she's OK but at the same time, she was in a Chris Brown music video, so clearly she's not unable to work...... and she's been recording for four years...... 

19 hours ago, Protocol said:

Unreasonable take. Motivation did 16 million streams in the US in its first week and was top 10 in digital sales for the week. For a female solo debut that was more than solid. Highest female solo debut week of the year actually. If she had a big radio deal like the songs that debut top 10 usually do, it would have debuted even higher. 

The tracking week after its debut it crashed on the charts which might have been unexpected because she had the VMAs to buoy it that week. However it was contending with Taylor’s Lover taking up 1 in 5 songs on the Hot 100 in week 2. 

Then her label gave up. Most people flop and then get promoted like Latto’s last hit which went from bubbling under to the top 10. Normani debuted in the 30s and Keep Cool/RCA failed to support. 

Actually, this Motivation take coming from the same person desperate to claim how successful an artist who has never sniffed the hot 100 solo is rich. Even then, a lot of older collabs got carried by radio before on-demand streams were the going rate. Lmao 

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

I really hope she's OK but at the same time, she was in a Chris Brown music video, so clearly she's not unable to work...... and she's been recording for four years...... 

That's true :laugh:

Normani just posted again - a new photoshoot. She's gorgeous in them. 

All this social media activity lately is weird though why is she suddenly posting more if she has zero plans to release music soon, that has never happened. :rip: 

6 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

Normani just posted again - a new photoshoot. She's gorgeous in them. 

All this social media activity lately is weird though why is she suddenly posting more if she has zero plans to release music soon, that has never happened. :rip: 

Something has to be coming this quarter. I saw what wildside said but this is her routine - fresh photos, Twitter spat, drop music.

11 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

Something has to be coming this quarter. I saw what wildside said but this is her routine - fresh photos, Twitter spat, drop music.

:dies:

That's why I'm a little confused. We're so accustomed to her routine so for her to not drop anything after doing all this...would be weird. I doubt anything is coming this week but maybe next Friday before the VMAs on Sunday? Or if not, then sometimes early September?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.