Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, sunbathinganimal said:

is this premiering at Venice too

 

66D240E4-17F5-4B52-86B5-2A30D889B5F0.thu

Venice Beach, sure 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

7 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

is this premiering at Venice too

 

66D240E4-17F5-4B52-86B5-2A30D889B5F0.thu

I heard it's a shoo-in for the Golden Lion 

 

66D240E4-17F5-4B52-86B5-2A30D889B5F0.thu

Edited by WildAmerican

All of the album covers are great, except for Joanne, which is just pretty and nice. They all do a great job at describing the album, which is ultimately the point.

 

Here's a little ranking:

1. Born This Way - The bad Photoshop and the ugly font are genuinely exciting and fit the album so well. It's dirty and ridiculous and punk.

2. ARTPOP - I mean, the fact that Jeff Koons made the cover just boosts that by itself and I'm not even a fan of him. It's colorful, bombastic, once again a little ridiculous and I love the collage method of it all. I also adore the idea of the central image being a statue of her and not actually her. It's just really badass.

3. The Fame - Now, maybe it's nostalgia talking, there isn't a lot there but considering the time, it's a bold image. The **** off glasses, the blond bangs just poking at the top. There was no one like her then.

4. Chromatica - It's a great image, although I find the concept a little confusing.. I ultimately like the alien look. My only real problem is that it feels a little too busy. I'm sure on vinyl it looks fantastic, but as a smaller image on streaming platforms, it gets a little lost.

5. The Fame Monster - I mean, it's an iconic image, but I always felt that it's just a really good photograph and it doesn't say a lot about the music inside it and the concept behind it. I like the slickness of it and the minimalistic approach but it's a little subtle ultimately.

6. Joanne - Now this one, as I said above, it's just a pretty image and it doesn't hold a lot in it. Even the composition of the image and the pose aren't really exciting. There are pretty colours I guess and it's pleasant to look at, which is more them a lot of other covers have going for them..

18 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

ogh's, get your Venom avis ready to rumble 

 

:eli:

Wait Gaga vs Venom part 2 is sooooo funny 

4 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

Wait Gaga vs Venom part 2 is sooooo funny 

right :deadbanana2:

except this time we should win and I'll kill myself if we don't 

 

it's also going to steal JFAD's IMAX screen's too :eli:

Not to sound conceited but I don't get why everyone is excited about a Gaga vs. Katy round 2 when it's not going to be much of a "battle" at all. It would take a fluke for Katy to have a bigger era than Gaga. Not implying that it's going to be easy for Gaga to smash either, but going off of their latest releases Chromatica obliterated Smile in the commercial department and there are no indicators that Katy is set for a resurgence.

 

Gaga vs. Venom makes sense because Venom is an established franchise and will put up a decent fight at the box office. But I'm not about to keep my eye out for a pop girl whose last studio album barely broke 50k in its first week and hasn't seen the Hot 100 top ten in 7 years.

 

Katy could always have a comeback but with JFAD in the backdrop of LG7, it's highly unlikely she's going to be ascendant over Gaga the way Roar/Prism were over Applause/ARTPOP.

Remember when they updated the Joanne cover to include a bit more hair :dies: It's different in the original announcement post 

Edited by Almodusa

I still vividly remember the meltdown when BTW cover was released, everyone thought it was a joke:rip: I even changed the physical cover to TEOG single cover cause it was UGLY! 

23 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

Gaga vs. Katy round 2

Gaga vs. Venom round 2

:suburban:

Are we in big troubles? 😭 

46 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

ogh's, get your Venom avis ready to rumble 

 

:eli:

Rip @onenation

 

2 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Rip @onenation

 

I remember when they would "track" Haus Labs's placements on the Amazon makeup chart. HL's successful rebrand probably gave that person a hernia :rip: 

1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

She's done Monday announcements before, such as Chromatica (for the May 29 date)

——

Idk if I'm going to the NY screening tonight, my brother, since we've already seen it, was like mehhhh why go

gaga might appear since her since married in NYC. It is also known that Gaga likes to finish ha album in New York. :ryan3:

9 minutes ago, Julio said:

i think she's going to post a selfie with dark hair & new lyrics :gaycat5:

yes but on tuesday / wednesday

1 hour ago, Aston Martin said:

I was read somewhere (I don't remember if it was on here or not) that this was intended to be the original cover until Gaga got high one night and decided to do the motorcycle thing instead. 

she got high and changed it for that ugly ass motorcycle bcs only someone high out of their mind would do that :khalyan:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.