Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

My last post felt a bit harsh.

ARTPOP title track shuffled in my library and yesterday and woooooo what a masterpiece. Truly one of her best and most unique songs.

8AKfHUq.gif

• Replies 147.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Posted (edited)

As far as her commercial performance goes, I think all other things being equal, the longer she waits, the worse. I don't think other artists releasing should be a worry beyond peaks. 

However, since we have waited very long, it's better to wait longer for her to actually deliver than getting a half-assed era just to make the waiting short. The morale of the fanbase is at an all-time low for sure, things are very bleak right now. If she waits another year, there is a risk of getting left behind, in my opinion, but it all really depends on the quality; people will still check her out when she comes back. 

I guess my main worry is that the longer period of time waiting is less a symptom of her trying to perfect whatever it is she's working on and more a symptom of her lack of passion/commitment/inspiration. That combo would definitely produce her first bomb Bionic'd Britney Jean'd MDNA'd era. 

The things she's been sharing about how creative she is hyped me for a minute but I came back down to earth and unfortunately, considering how she famously just says stuff, and comparing that with how she actually has been acting towards her pop career for the past several years, the latter option seems the more likely (while I lowkey hold on to the possibility of the first as copium). I hate to say it but it's getting hard to stick around :gaycat6:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

An ad popped up of Gaga talking about the new BTW Foundation training certificate. :suburban:

Maybe she needs to learn to be kinder to her fans and drop some music :suburban:

23 minutes ago, Janet said:

An ad popped up of Gaga talking about the new BTW Foundation training certificate. :suburban:

Maybe she needs to learn to be kinder to her fans and drop some music :suburban:

A training certificate will help you in life more than dated pop bops

Maybe she is giving us what we need instead of what we want 

:suburban:

yeah, the fact that she hasn't released anything since Chromatica (an era that she ****** up pretty bad) clearly tells a lot about her lack of passion for music. She had a lot of time with covid lockdowns to come back with something, and I really believed that she would make up for the tragic Chromatica era by releasing something in 2022. Now a 2024 release doesn't even seem like a possibility. The fanbase is shrinking a lot and she doesn't seem to care about it (or her music career). Let's see, but it doesn't look good for LG7 at all, because I feel she has no inspiration for music anymore. 

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, Janet said:

I always see the new Nurtec ad :rip:  

24 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I guess my main worry is that the longer period of time waiting is less a symptom of her trying to perfect whatever it is she's working on and more a symptom of her lack of passion/commitment/inspiration. That combo would definitely produce her first bomb Bionic'd Britney Jean'd MDNA'd era. 

The things she's been sharing about how creative she is hyped me for a minute but I came back down to earth and unfortunately, considering how she famously just says stuff, and comparing that with how she actually has been acting towards her pop career for the past several years, the latter option seems the more likely (while I lowkey hold on to the possibility of the first as copium). I hate to say it but it's getting hard to stick around :gaycat6:

I completely agree.

It's true that JFAD is going to be a huge moment for her but the more that time passes, the more I suspect it'll be a huge moment for her as an ACTRESS. Yes, there is a musical component, but it's become very evident that the majority of her energy this decade has been spent on her film projects. Even her work on Top Gun came across as having more passion than Chromatica.

At this point, if she wishes to give simultaneous love to both her acting and music career, she needs to strike the balance between good material and a timely release. So much time has passed that it's difficult to believe this album isn't in a decent enough shape to release.

It's truly wild how she was a masterclass in rebranding and re-establishing herself in the late 2010s and is now a masterclass in how to sever the relationship you built with your core audience.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

A training certificate will help you in life more than dated pop bops

Well no ❤️

:suburban:

New trailer to be released soon

• Like 5

OMG 

• Like 1

OMFG

OMGGGGGG

YASSSSS FINALLYYYYYY

Ready to snack that free one week trial sub when the movie drops :ryan3:

Pandemica being her shortest and longest era at the same time, nn :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

OMGGGGG

The journey keep continuing :party: 

WE'RE SO BACK 

At last :ryan3:

No way :rip:

Yall we made it 

Kid Dancing GIF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.