Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

This tbh, the "chorus" just feels empty and doesn't leave you wanting to hear the song again.

 

It's great, too bad the lack of a chorus brings the song down a lot :chick3:

 

I mean I'm not a lyricist/song writer so whatever i suggest may not be good :michael: but Gar has written amazing choruses in the past, so why wasn't she able to do the same for Stupid Bomb?

I think the Chromatica album had a concept for songs (at least some of it) that wouldn’t have an actual chorus or would build up to a beat drop/instrumental chorus.. like Rain One Me, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma, Replay, Sine From Above and 1000 Doves. I blame Bloodpop. 
 

Thats sad because choruses were the strongest aspect in her career, even ARTPOP had some of her best chorus ever. Joanne and Chromatica though, not so much. 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

SL is a fun song. not everything has to be as immaculate as So Happy I Could Die

The beat drop chorus is such a 2012/2013 thing, she refused to jump on that trend even on ARTPOP that came out around that time, doing it only for Swine (an album track). Doing it in 2020 sounded lazy and late to the party. 
 

And I bet she had jumped on that trend back in the day she would’ve had some more hits to her catalogue. 

6 minutes ago, pablozedd said:

I think the Chromatica album had a concept for songs (at least some of it) that wouldn’t have an actual chorus or would build up to a beat drop/instrumental chorus.. like Rain One Me, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma, Replay, Sine From Above and 1000 Doves. I blame Bloodpop. 
 

Thats sad because choruses were the strongest aspect in her career, even ARTPOP had some of her best chorus ever. Joanne and Chromatica though, not so much. 

The album is heavily influenced by 90’s house music that quite often had no real choruses, this is how the album Gaga and her producers wanted to sound. I’m happy she tried something new and did not go the same route. I’m sure liddos would complain about the choruses if they were there lmao.

2 minutes ago, pablozedd said:

The beat drop chorus is such a 2012/2013 thing, she refused to jump on that trend even on ARTPOP that came out around that time, doing it only for Swine (an album track). Doing it in 2020 sounded lazy and late to the party. 
 

And I bet she had jumped on that trend back in the day she would’ve had some more hits to her catalogue. 

The only song that sounds like a 2012/2013 song is SFA mainly due to it’s more edm’ish production and not sounding like a house influenced song. The rest of the album

is totally different in that aspect. 

6 minutes ago, pablozedd said:

I think the Chromatica album had a concept for songs (at least some of it) that wouldn’t have an actual chorus or would build up to a beat drop/instrumental chorus.. like Rain One Me, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma, Replay, Sine From Above and 1000 Doves. I blame Bloodpop. 
 

Thats sad because choruses were the strongest aspect in her career, even ARTPOP had some of her best chorus ever. Joanne and Chromatica though, not so much. 

The worst part is that the instrumental chorus can work when done right (Replay) but in this album most of the time it didn't work :rip:

 

Joanne has great/amazing choruses too tho, Million Reasons, A-YO, Come To Mama, Sinner's Prayer, Grigio Girls, among others :giraffe:

2 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

The worst part is that the instrumental chorus can work when done right (Replay) but in this album most of the time it didn't work :rip:

 

Joanne has great/amazing choruses too tho, Million Reasons, A-YO, Come To Mama, Sinner's Prayer, Grigio Girls, among others :giraffe:

Nah, you just don’t like the album. It did work perfectly well. 

1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

The only song that sounds like a 2012/2013 song is SFA mainly due to it’s more edm’ish production and not sounding like a house influenced song. The rest of the album

is totally different in that aspect. 

Girl be serious, half of the album sounds straight out of 2012-2015 :rip: SFA, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, 911, Plastic Doll, 1000 Doves...

1 minute ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Girl be serious, half of the album sounds straight out of 2012-2015 :rip: SFA, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, 911, Plastic Doll, 1000 Doves...

No, I don’t agree. 

Just now, JohnWayneHolland said:

Girl be serious, half of the album sounds straight out of 2012-2015 :rip: SFA, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, 911, Plastic Doll, 1000 Doves...

Tbh Chromatica has some of her top tier songs: RoM, Free Woman, 911, Replay and Babylon are all great songs. I was really thrilled and proud of her the day I listened to Chromatica. Truly unfortunate it coincided with the worst time to release an album catered for the dance floor.

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Nah, you just don’t like the album. It did work perfectly well. 

I don't like the album, you're right, mainly because of:

 

- Dated production.

- Intrumental Choruses that don't work

- Cliché themes

- Basic lyrics (at times)

Just now, JohnWayneHolland said:

I don't like the album, you're right, mainly because of:

 

- Dated production.

- Intrumental Choruses that don't work

- Cliché themes

- Basic lyrics (at times)

This is your opinion, yoi can have one. The production is not dated on most of the album, the instrumental choruses work pretty well most of the time, it has her most personal and deep lyrics to date and the critics agree. So yeah, my bet is you don’t like the genre, which may come from maybe lack of knowledge about 90’s club/house music and your sympathy towards more acoustic sounds, since you like (?) Joanne.

4 minutes ago, dream8ker said:

Tbh Chromatica has some of her top tier songs: RoM, Free Woman, 911, Replay and Babylon are all great songs. I was really thrilled and proud of her the day I listened to Chromatica. Truly unfortunate it coincided with the worst time to release an album catered for the dance floor.

Personally I wouldn't call Free Woman or 911 "top tier" Gaga songs, but Replay and Babylon do deserve to be called that :gaycat1:

You can tell gaga really is in her own lane. The way all these ogh every time some pop girl releases something they have to single out and bring Gaga into the picture. That Miley/Gaga thread is a mess. Like yeah we get it gaga isn’t the top pop girl yet she always in atrl mind isn’t she? 

1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

This is your opinion, yoi can have one. The production is not dated on most of the album, the instrumental choruses work pretty well most of the time, it has her most personal and deep lyrics to date and the critics agree. So yeah, my bet is you don’t like the genre, which may come from maybe lack of knowledge about 90’s club/house music and your sympathy towards more acoustic sounds, since you like (?) Joanne.

You must be BloodPop himself, there's no other explanation.

Just now, JohnWayneHolland said:

You must be BloodPop himself, there's no other explanation.

I love you too

:heart:

13 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Girl be serious, half of the album sounds straight out of 2012

ARTPOP does

11 minutes ago, dream8ker said:

Tbh Chromatica has some of her top tier songs: RoM, Free Woman, 911, Replay and Babylon are all great songs. I was really thrilled and proud of her the day I listened to Chromatica. Truly unfortunate it coincided with the worst time to release an album catered for the dance floor.

That’s the thing, I’m always proud of her and Chromatica only strenghted my love for her.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

ARTPOP does

I mean ARTPOP is from that period of time so it's understandable, but ChroMAGA is from 2020, it shouldn't sound like that :rip:

I'm listening to Hold My Hand and enjoying it. why?

I saw this last night and its much better without the annoying sample tbh. It's obviously still empty, but another chorus and some guitar would've made it incredible. :heart:

 

 

Edited by State of Grace.

1 minute ago, Pikachoo said:

I'm listening to Hold My Hand and enjoying it. why?

Talent etc.

Just now, State of Grace. said:

I saw this last night and its much better without the annoying sample tbh. It's obviously still empty, but another chorus and some guiatr would've made it incredible. :heart:

 

 

That’s what I was saying as well.

2 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

I'm listening to Hold My Hand and enjoying it. why?

That’s weird but we’re rooting for at least a Grammy win so you’re good for now.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.