Dua Lipa

Cain

4 minutes ago, ATWK said:

The buildup to the album release was INSANE. She converted a legion of hating gays into stans in less than half a year.

DSN trailer :jonnycat:

DSN :jonnycat:

EMA performance :jonnycat:

Title track :jonnycat:

Physical :jonnycat:

Album cover :jonnycat:

The leak :jonnycat:

I actually remember exactly where I was when this dropped :skull:

And we ALL know where we were when videos of this iconic moment appeared on Twitter

She actually transformed her entire career in the span of a week :jonny: Let's see if she can do the same with the DL3 lead

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• Solaria

• katara

• Virgos Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, futurenostalgic said:

tbh the loose / urban era should be reserved for her 30s. (but from what we've heard so far even from leaks, i don't know if she'll be able to pull it off) i feel like we're still missing more dance pop from her. she kind of missed that step in between debut to the massive switch-up that was FN. like, idk bring back eurodance or something lol.

I feel like OK and Electricity were the transition. She went from that mid-10s Eurodance/tropical house sound (BTO, NR, Last Dance) to 90s house (OK, Electricity) to 80 synthpop and 70s disco.

It all felt very natural and allowed her to carve out her own lane in the industry.

She said I WILL have a sold-out arena world tour and I'll convince you to buy those tickets one performance at a time!

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

I actually remember exactly where I was when this dropped :skull:

And we ALL know where we were when videos of this iconic moment appeared on Twitter

She actually transformed her entire career in the span of a week :jonny: Let's see if she can do the same with the DL3 lead

That trailer was such a MOMENT :jonnycat:

The DL1 money was running out, the fans were sick of waiting, the haters were already claiming BNA curse, the One Kiss memes were everywhere. She had ONE chance. :jonny:

I can't believe she actually did STUDIO 2054 and inspired dozens of knockoff concerts. And she really put a bow on everything by doing the OK dance at the FN tour finale

She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.
(ATRL, 2016)

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

I can't believe she actually did STUDIO 2054 and inspired dozens of knockoff concerts. And she really put a bow on everything by doing the OK dance at the FN tour finale

She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.
(ATRL, 2016)

The way late-2020/2021 was just the entire industry trying to replicate her (and BL's) success. :rip:

Can we say IMPACTua Lipa? :giraffe:

Y’all will never drop the Loose talk huh :dies: 

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Nope! Cause she would nail that sound. The Timbaland/Danja fantasy needs to become reality

I need Duarbie to stop it with the collabs. We’ve had enough of them and theyre all tanking. We dont overexposure ruining DL3’s chances

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Drop the DL3 soundscape king

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Nope! Cause she would nail that sound. The Timbaland/Danja fantasy needs to become reality

I need Duarbie to stop it with the collabs. We’ve had enough of them and theyre all tanking. We dont overexposure ruining DL3’s chances

Have you heard the Dua/Danja leaks? They all kinda sucked 

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

This. So many songs watering down her discog right now and I fear for more to come. And if any of this is the transition to DL3 like OK/E were for FN ... then yikes. She better be reserving her absolute full effort and attention to the album itself, cuz she hasn't released a great song since FN :deadbanana2:

(CTHU is the best of the bunch though, yeah I said it)

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

Drop the DL3 soundscape king

Albanian folklorica with hint of post-punk modernism 

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

Albanian folklorica with hint of post-punk modernism 

Unironically I would love an Albanian summer folk bop from her. Albania has such a good music industry

6 minutes ago, Cain said:

Have you heard the Dua/Danja leaks? They all are so good 

I agree!

Get in, were praising ha!

Y’all are putting too much thought into those collabs she just got asked to join and Dua painting it like One Kiss or Electricity were the blueprint for FN was never true when songs like Physical or Levitating existed before she recorded either of these :fan: It just solidified her direction when Electricity won a Grammy

14 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Nope! I want her Maneater

9MhMdnP.gif

12 minutes ago, Cain said:

Have you heard the Dua/Danja leaks? They all kinda sucked 

To be fair, she doesn't have to actually work with Timbo/Danja to capture their sound. Especially when Danja hasn't made an interesting song since... 2008?

9MhMdnP.gif

I mean yeah nothing on FN sounds like OK or Electricity :skull: 

Anyway we need an Albanian banger at least once in her career! DL4 will be her Ray of Light moment with Albanian folklorica uhuh

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Y’all are putting too much thought into those collabs she just got asked to join and Dua painting it like One Kiss or Electricity were the blueprint for FN was never true when songs like Physical or Levitating existed before she recorded either of these :fan: It just solidified her direction when Electricity won a Grammy

P and L existed before Apr 2018? Omg :deadbanana2: 

girl KNEW what she wanted to do with FN.. how she moved on from Forgiveness to those in a matter of months zjwjcejizz

I’d be really interested to hear Dua over some Inflo productions. He has such a diverse range of sounds it’s crazy.

Physical and Levitating existing in 2018, the fact the best songs on DL3 are probably already made and ready :jonnycat:

Levitating existing all this time is a gag omfg

9MhMdnP.gif

8 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

P and L existed before Apr 2018? Omg :deadbanana2: 

girl KNEW what she wanted to do with FN.. how she moved on from Forgiveness to those in a matter of months zjwjcejizz

The famous January 2018 Jamaican sessions and months following them were the most fruitful sessions of FN, she transitioned from DL1 sound FAST! 

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

The famous January 2018 Jamaican sessions and months following them were the most fruitful sessions of FN, she transitioned from DL1 sound FAST! 

It's amazing how songs recorded in early-2018 still sound fresh today. See, when you make TIMELESS music

9MhMdnP.gif

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

What was the most fruitful session of DL3 :eli:

9MhMdnP.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.