Demi Lovato

Phoenixstar

I'm curious about the next era. 

Also, I really wish she didn't just leave DWTDTASO to die. That album was really good, especially the more alternative cuts. If trimmed down, it could have been her Golden Hour.

• Like 2

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• Freakshowvato

• VictorJustino

• KBax

11 hours ago, KBax said:

Still Have Me should've replaced Anyone on the album. I might get hate for that, but I skip it every time I play DWTD.

ICU and Anyone (unless I'm feeling like a depressed drama queen) are auto skips for me

The art of starting over, however >>>>>>>>

• Like 1

Also can we PLEASE talk on how good Butterfly is?

easily top 3 on the album for me

• Like 3

Still Have Me is amazing, I do love Anyone but Still Have Me could have been a greater song for a comeback and a performance on the Grammys. Especially the money note, oh just a brilliant song.

• Like 1

It should’ve just been called TAOSO. I get she was trying to tell a story but having 2 ballads, 1 mid tempo, and a spoken interlude as the first 4 tracks definitely killed the vibe & I’m sure a lot of first time listeners were turned off. It could’ve been an acclaimed 13 track album tbh. It was such a good direction for her musically. 

1 hour ago, Hanzo said:

Also can we PLEASE talk on how good Butterfly is?

easily top 3 on the album for me

Butterfly is AMAZING

Carefully is my fave, along with MHLN

And I looove the vibes of California Sober

• Like 1

I like TAOSO, but I Dont love It.

Its too much songs.

I kinda Hope she didnt scrapped some songs like Big Little Lies, It's All Good, Say a Prayer... Would be good ones to hear on that.

2 minutes ago, VictorJustino said:

Butterfly is AMAZING

Carefully is my fave, along with MHLN

And I looove the vibes of California Sober

California Sober is actually a great song musically, the meaning of the song is just not healthy for Demi unfortunately. But the early 2000s style of that song is immaculate!

DWTDAOSO is good, it has some very high highs but lows there are bad, it's not as cohesive as TMYLM/HF

Edited by Hanzo

7 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

California Sober is actually a great song musically, the meaning of the song is just not healthy for Demi unfortunately. But the early 2000s style of that song is immaculate!

Yess!! I hate that this songs means what It means.

TAOSO for me reflects a Lot of her mind at the time

• Like 1

Just now, Hanzo said:

DWTDAOSO is good, it has some very high highs but the lows there are bad, it's not as cohesive as TMYLM/HF

Thats what I think.

I think I would do a Double disc for TAOSO, but I Dont know How to divide it

I hope she doesnt ditch rock completely,  first it will ruin her credibility in the rock acene, and pure pop has never been her forte, i can still replay df and hwga cant say the same about demi and confident tbh....also she needs better producers and ditch oak

• Like 1

i need an album like this whether they switch genres or not

• Like 1

and about dwtdtaoso, they should’ve released the prelude part as an ep with still have me being the last track

and then release taoso as main album scrapping cali sober, 15 minutes, mgamb  and mad world and maybe i would add it’s all good, hope is a scary thing, i’m fine and change you instead

Eden, I'm Fine, Who Do You Love and Eveline deserved a place on that album over some questionable choices:flame:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alp said:

and about dwtdtaoso, they should’ve released the prelude part as an ep with still have me being the last track

and then release taoso as main album scrapping cali sober, 15 minutes, mgamb  and mad world and maybe i would add it’s all good, hope is a scary thing, i’m fine and change you instead

I Love CS.

Scrap Lonely People too

1 hour ago, alexaalto said:

Eden, I'm Fine, Who Do You Love and Eveline deserved a place on that album over some questionable choices:flame:

The fact that she teased WDYL on The TMYLM realese, and then scrapped the idea of living album.

This one is one of My jams

• Like 1

I think we might be getting a droplet era with a few features - it’s a smart way to test the waters with another genre change, and a good method on reintroducting herself to the public and top 30. The SZA collab has been rumored since the release of SOS, and it seems as if she may be teasing something SZA related. 

• Like 1

Just now, WavesOfLust said:

I think we might be getting a droplet era with a few features - it’s a smart way to test the waters with another genre change, and a good method on reintroducting herself to the public and top 30. The SZA collab has been rumored since the release of SOS, and it seems as if she may be teasing something SZA related. 

Top 40 **

DWTD...TAOSO is such a gorgeous body of work. 

Everything from the message to the visuals of the album. She was really in her bag. 

I do agree, however, that there are too many tracks but to be honest, all the tracks make sense. Like there is not a song that doesn't really fit the story of the album. It's a journey from Demi's relapse to recovery and that recovery includes insecurities, drama with her previous team, heartbreak... and everything makes sense. 

That being said, I would've scrapped What Other People Say (it doesn't feel like a Demi song to me since it was announced as Sam's single. Not worth a place in the standard edition if you ask me), Lonely People (as much as I like this track, it feels just there) and The Kind of Lover I Am (it feels out of place in between Carefully and Easy). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

Everything from the message to the visuals of the album. She was really in her bag. 

I do agree, however, that there are too many tracks but to be honest, all the tracks make sense. Like there is not a song that doesn't really fit the story of the album. It's a journey from Demi's relapse to recovery and that recovery includes insecurities, drama with her previous team, heartbreak... and everything makes sense. 

That being said, I would've scrapped What Other People Say (it doesn't feel like a Demi song to me since it was announced as Sam's single. Not worth a place in the standard edition if you ask me), Lonely People (as much as I like this track, it feels just there) and The Kind of Lover I Am (it feels out of place in between Carefully and Easy). 

100%

1 hour ago, WavesOfLust said:

Really? It was rumoured????

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

My scraps would be Lonely People, What Other People Say & Mad World.

Maybe MGAMB because for me doesn't fit the album at ALL.

Maybe:

1. I Love Me

2. Melon Cake

3. The Kind of Lover I Am

4. The Art of Starting Over

5. California Sober

6. Carefully

7. The Way You Don't Look at Me

8. Butterfly

9. Easy

10. Met Him Last Night

11. Good Place

Would sound Better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.