• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• Freakshowvato

• VictorJustino

• KBax

I'm so happy with the Way Things are going for her since she signed with Brandon.

It's like someone is finally doing the Things right. 

Acting, music, her image with public...

I Hope this translates for her next album

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VictorJustino said:

I'm so happy with the Way Things are going for her since she signed with Brandon.

Everything will be allright.

• Like 1

SOOOO

Do we want a rate?

Maybe a rate only contains her last 3 albums?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 11:26 PM, VictorJustino said:

Idk all this is fine but the problem comes when it's time to release music. It's like nobody knows she's dropped and this has happened for two eras in a row. I still remember the comments on tiktok saying they didn't know she was touring or the comments under Heart Attack (rock version)'s video on tiktok saying she should drop a rock album when she had dropped Holy **** the previous year :rip: 

The interest in her and her music has decreased and she no longer has a fanbase that can keep her name out there for people to check her music. She needs support from radio and playlists more than ever, she needs to get her name out there with TV interviews, public appearances and TV performances. I know this sounds like an artist who is starting but lucky for her, she's already a known artist so this process will be easier for her.

1 hour ago, Hanzo said:

SOOOO

Do we want a rate?

or maybe whole discography but we need audience! 

5 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Idk all this is fine but the problem comes when it's time to release music. It's like nobody knows she's dropped and this has happened for two eras in a row. I still remember the comments on tiktok saying they didn't know she was touring or the comments under Heart Attack (rock version)'s video on tiktok saying she should drop a rock album when she had dropped Holy **** the previous year :rip: 

The interest in her and her music has decreased and she no longer has a fanbase that can keep her name out there for people to check her music. She needs support from radio and playlists more than ever, she needs to get her name out there with TV interviews, public appearances and TV performances. I know this sounds like an artist who is starting but lucky for her, she's already a known artist so this process will be easier for her.

I Hope that with Island being under Republic now comes with Better promotion than the Last 2 albums.

Republic helped a Lot with Confident and TMYLM

5 hours ago, Hanzo said:

SOOOO

Do we want a rate?

I'm down

Demi changed her profile picture on insta and took out Revamped from her bio...

The era is sooner than we thought

Saw this on tiktok hope it's OK to post

Screenshot-20240315-070530-Tik-Tok.png

They just allowed to post whatever they want on tik tok but :gaycat7:

• Thumbs Down 1

We need a collab, Megan better be on the album sis, give us a p*ssy poppin' anthem!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KBax said:

We need a collab, Megan better be on the album sis, give us a p*ssy poppin' anthem!!!

I Hope so

Demi needs to collab with relevant people

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KBax said:

Demi should've been on the rock remix of Megan's Cobra. She would've EATEN! 

And she can relate to the song so much ugh what a missed opportunity 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Demi should've been on the rock remix of Megan's Cobra. She would've EATEN! 

And she can relate to the song so much ugh what a missed opportunity 

I never even thought about that, you're right. The lyrics resonate with her, this could've been such a good remix :gaycat7:

She followed spanish artists on instagram. 

also the snippet of the Slash collab sounds INCREDIBLE

According to the same insider single is still coming between July and August, also she's been working with Brent Faiyaz. Not sure if it's going to be a collab or he's writing for the album, but either way super excited for this!!

• Like 1

I really hope they wait for Q3 or Q4 to drop. Everyone is releasing now and she's going to be completely overshadowed which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't looking for some success but something tells me this new manager wants to give her some moderate hit at least. 

Also, if they wait after the Grammy deadline, she will have no competition next year at all (no Beyonce, no Taylor, no Olivia, no Ariana...).

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 11:01 AM, thatsmydemi said:

I really hope they wait for Q3 or Q4 to drop. Everyone is releasing now and she's going to be completely overshadowed which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't looking for some success but something tells me this new manager wants to give her some moderate hit at least. 

Also, if they wait after the Grammy deadline, she will have no competition next year at all (no Beyonce, no Taylor, no Olivia, no Ariana...).

Literally she has worked so hard in career already it's crazy that she hasn't gotten a Grammy by now. She was definitely robbed a couple times…

I feel like she needs to announce the lead single WEEKS in advance. Release physicals of it with multiple versions and covers. The thing about Demi is she does have a diehard fanbase that will always support her and buy physicals. Her lead single needs digital support.

And then Brandon should secure her a TTH spot and a radio deal.

If Island can work with Sabrina's team to get her hits, they can do the same with Demi. She just needs the management to negotiate it, and she finally has someone who is competent and may prioritize her.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

I feel like she needs to announce the lead single WEEKS in advance. Release physicals of it with multiple versions and covers. The thing about Demi is she does have a diehard fanbase that will always support her and buy physicals. Her lead single needs digital support.

If Island can work with Sabrina's team to get her hits, they can do the same with Demi. She just needs the management to negotiate it, and she finally has someone who is competent and may prioritize her.

Yeahh

She needs to PROMOTE the song

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 4:47 PM, KBax said:

Literally she has worked so hard in career already it's crazy that she hasn't gotten a Grammy by now. She was definitely robbed a couple times…

Yeah, she should've been nominated many times, especially in the Best Pop Solo category.

In my opinion, she was snubbed in the following years:

2018: Sorry Not Sorry should've been nominated instead of Kelly's Love So Soft or Pink's What About Us. 

2019: Sober should've been nominated instead of Gaga's Joanne.

2021: Anyone definitely should've been nominated instead of Bieber's Yummy.

Sober/Anyone not getting recognition hurt the most. Sober shook the world when it dropped. Everyone kept talking about it for months and many predictors thought they would give her a pity nomination. To be honest, Sober deserved a Song of the Year nomination and I'm being completely serious about it. And Anyone... honestly I think this was Scooter's fault. There is no way Justin Bieber out of all people received so many noms during an underperformance and panned era. He definitely used his connections and this didn't benefit Demi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freakshowvato said:

Isn't playlisting a thing of the label? In the past years, Islands' artists have only gotten into TTH when they have shown signs of growing in all metrics. Sabrina's latest singles weren't added until they reached an average of 1.5m of daily streams or something like that I believe. Maybe this is because Sabrina is still relatively new to the GP and they don't have faith in her but I doubt that they have too much faith in Demi considering the performance of her last two eras. 

In my opinion, they need to be extremely careful with the lead single. They need to choose a really GOOD song. If I were them, I'd push it hard on its first week because that may be its peak but if the song is good, it may have legs and re-peak later on. 

11 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Yeah, she should've been nominated many times, especially in the Best Pop Solo category.

In my opinion, she was snubbed in the following years:

2018: Sorry Not Sorry should've been nominated instead of Kelly's Love So Soft or Pink's What About Us. 

2019: Sober should've been nominated instead of Gaga's Joanne.

2021: Anyone definitely should've been nominated instead of Bieber's Yummy.

Sober/Anyone not getting recognition hurt the most. Sober shook the world when it dropped. Everyone kept talking about it for months and many predictors thought they would give her a pity nomination. To be honest, Sober deserved a Song of the Year nomination and I'm being completely serious about it. And Anyone... honestly I think this was Scooter's fault. There is no way Justin Bieber out of all people received so many noms during an underperformance and panned era. He definitely used his connections and this didn't benefit Demi. 

Sorry Not Sory should've definitely nabbed a Grammy, I'm still so confused why the album or SNS wasn't even nominated at all... The fact they picked Love So Soft just makes no sense, as that song made zero noise. And Sober was so personal and a huge song for her to release especially after celebrating 6 years sober on her tour. As for Anyone, it didn't stand a chance. As you mentioned it was Scooter's fault. It was his fault TAOSO didn't get number 1 on BB, she was so close and yet he kept pushing for Justice. 

Hopefully with her new management she'll have a bigger push. 

Just now, KBax said:

Sorry Not Sory should've definitely nabbed a Grammy, I'm still so confused why the album or SNS wasn't even nominated at all... The fact they picked Love So Soft just makes no sense, as that song made zero noise. And Sober was so personal and a huge song for her to release especially after celebrating 6 years sober on her tour. As for Anyone, it didn't stand a chance. As you mentioned it was Scooter's fault. It was his fault TAOSO didn't get number 1 on BB, she was so close and yet he kept pushing for Justice. 

Hopefully with her new management she'll have a bigger push. 

TMYLM was released on the last day of Grammy's deadline. In fact, the album release was rushed because of this. You can tell they thought she was gonna get a nom and dropped it right before the deadline. And this is pretty much confirmed when she dropped the era as soon as the Grammy noms were out :toofunny3:. I guess they got too cocky after the success of SNS and thought they could snatch a nom for the album when the reality is most of the albums that drop right before the deadline are usually overlooked. 

If they had waited after the deadline to release the album and had milked the era, the chances could've been a lot bigger and maybe she could've snatched a nom the following year. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.